Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

FF KS #116813

Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Is this worth gettin graded in this shape>?
no cut outs...no tape..both staples attached..no surprises just
what you see

Would you think a 2.0...or below>?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Get it pressed and I think it will come back better than 2.0.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a 4.0 after press.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, a press would really help those covers. There's a lot of color-breaking creases, but there's not a lot of tears/rips which really destroy grades. I would think a 3.0-4.0 after a press. Are the interior pages torn? Are they attached to the binding throughout the entire book? I don't know if it's possible for a cleaning to get rid of those stains on the back cover spine; if it's just dirt, then yes, but foxing/mold from humidity can't be cleaned.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler - Just going by what I can see, I think it's a 3.0 as is. A good cleaning and press should put it in the 4 range. Good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, FF Annual #1s sell in just about any grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My opinion is it's worth getting graded. I think pressing will help.

I think it would make a great candidate on your next submission.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My opinion is it's worth getting graded. I think pressing will help.

I think it would make a great candidate on your next submission.

I found one of these while going through the box. I am thinking of sending it too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler Both those annuals are worthy of grading. The #6 is nice (bright colours!) and while the #1 is a little beat up, that's a book that will generate interest in any condition.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Save your money and sell it raw.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I got mine graded, a 3.5. I grade depending on value for ease of selling later, and to maximize profit. This book makes the cut.
If I was going to die with it I would never bother.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I got mine graded, got a 3.5. I grade depending on value for ease of selling later, and to maximize profit. This book makes the cut.
If I was going to die with it I would never bother.
Can you show me your 3.5?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexView
Save your money and sell it raw.

If they were hammered, like .5 or 1.0's....yeah, you would make out about the same after grading fees if sold via BIN.

Or auctioned, if the seller has a large following...which this guy, as a collector/casual reseller, doesn't have.

The FF 1 will yield anywhere from a 4.5 to 5.5 once pressed and slabbed, from what I can see.

The FF 6 , pressed and slabbed, may be upwards of an 8.0, if the BC and interior hasn't any nasty surprises.

Maybe 2 grand in FMV between those 2 books...he'd probably get $300 to $500 or so in total, if auctioned raw and individually.

@tyler

Have a reputable presser like CFP Comics press them and sub them to CBCS or have CBCS do the pressing in house.

But definitely, have them dry cleaned, pressed and graded.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Tyler - Just going by what I can see, I think it's a 3.0 as is. A good cleaning and press should put it in the 4 range. Good luck!
I agree. I think You’re short changing yourself at 2.0. Good luck and we’ll see you next year with the final grade😋
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sure. Mine has water damage spots front and back so not a real good comp.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@doog Still, your book presents nicely so long as you don't scrutinise the details.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@doog Still, your book presents nicely so long as you don't scrutinise the details.

That is the funny thing about grading, at least for CGC, the various flaws make it somewhat a crapshoot. I bought this book from my son, got it graded. The water damage which is inside too made him think 2.5. But other than that the pages were oddly nice. There are so many factors. He knows I like to buy damaged books so he has an easy sale. I took the risk. Could have gone 2.5
Post 17 IP   flag post
Appears better shape than mine as my eye see's it. Especially the back.Thank you for sharing
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have turned down offers MORE than that you have suggested. I think you are a little low ...BUT>>> I understand how grading and pricing is SUBJECTIVE
Post 19 IP   flag post
597942 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?