Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

1st IG LiveStream & Blind Mail Call by Scifinator16805

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator WOW, those are some very nice books! I'm sending in a few in the next couple days and I hope to get news as good as yours. Congrats!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - Super happy for you! You definitely hit a few home runs with the SS #4 and FF #48. Great books!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
IMO - GSX-1 looks best when paired with a CBCS Blue Label. The label does not pull the eyes away from the artwork and enhances the background old team while allowing the new team to pop.

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Congrats! All in all, some fantastic grades there for some wonderful books. Enjoyed the unboxing video! (Personally, I don't think I could ever wait to do an unboxing myself, so well done!)
Post 54 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 - Thanks much. The SS4 was a home run for me. FF48 & GSX1 were big reliefs. The SS3 definitely looks better to me but obviously wasn’t enough improvement to move the CBCS needle so as it was for my PC anyway, i am fine with it.

As far as the blind, the first 2-3 days were excruciating. By the weekend it eased up. Monday-Wed were not that bad as the package was at my office. When I finally got to hold the box, my heart started fluttering.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
No investment made pressing and cleaning is ever a waste on a silver age book...people forget that word cleaning but having all that dirt, and buildup from the book prior to encapsulation is massive in importance.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - Good point, thanks. And, regardless of final grade, it still presents better than before I sent in.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Myself I wont slab a book without having it cleaned and pressed, mostly cause of the cleaning itself. Rather have all that dirt, grime and buildup removed before slabbing it up myself.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
My last submission from back in May was a tragedy. A bunch of modern books that I rushed into grading, didn't get pressed or anything. Just kind of crossed my fingers and that a couple of them would work out. But I got what I had coming to me. Turns out I was mining for gold on the wrong land. Books that only justified slabbing at 9.4 and above all came back at 9.2 and below. Long story short, it was good that I looked at the grades beforehand because I never opened that box. When it arrived I just took off the label, put on a new label for MCS and took it down to the post office.

What’s worse is when that happens after the press :’(
Post 59 IP   flag post
601262 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?