Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Tennessee School Bans ‘Maus’ Graphic Novel16790

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
@EbayMafia No, I never advocated for that. Schooling is a separate issue from parenting although there is of course some overlap in life lessons. More my point to you and @Towmater is that not everyone can just pick up and send their child somewhere else. Some people have the option or ability to cut costs or work a second job and some don't. The point of a public school system is that there's supposed to be a good option for folks that don't have or want to. The system obviously isn't there for everyone but that doesn't mean that some people don't need it.

I don’t disagree with your point that some might need it. However, it isn’t needed by all and many can walk away from it if they are willing to make personal sacrifices to better their child’s path in life.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Just went to meeting with a high school coach inside his classroom. I noticed about 25 hardback copies of Watchmen in the classroom. Thinking that it's a pretty complex story for high schoolers, I asked him what grade level reads Watchmen. He kind of blew my mind when he said that he teaches special education.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia That is interesting.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this available on a kindle ??
Post 129 IP   flag post
597875 131 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?