Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yeah, they have had my money since July 2020. Honestly, the company has been very cool. They had mystery boxes around Xmas time and I got 2 of them. Each contained a book worth 1k each. I got the mystery boxes for under a hundred each. So I don't want to be an ass. But at the same time I've been waiting a long time. I'm due to get one box this Saturday. So hopefully since it shipped without an email saying tough crap it is ok. The 2nd book has me worried though. Like I said i could be worried for no reason. They were just trying to be upfront about what happened.

Edit

I think I'm going to keep my yap shut unless shit hits the fan. I don't want to say something I'll regret if I'm emotional about it and especially if nothing bad comes of it to me.


Actually donโ€™t think there is much which can be done. Believe there is also some facebook discussions about this store. The issue is that the book is now $1k for 9.6 and $2k for 9.8. What will people do if store says if you are not happy with 9.4 we can refund you the amount you originally paid?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Not sure I will ever understand this. A while back my 8.5 raw book at MCS auction sold for more than a 9.6 CGC that was listed at the same time. Here this week we have a slabbed 9.0
https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55383611

Already selling for more at auction than a slabbed 9.6 being offered at fixed price:
https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=8944741#54229534

If it's about wrap, I would say that the wrap on the 9.6 is better. Thoughts?


The 9.0 is a newsie
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone do me a favor if they have gp analysis?

Interested in prices for these books.
Thanks

Detective 14 cgc 1.0 universal
Captain America 28 cgc 1.8 universal
Superman 6 cgc 6.0 restored
Superman 7 cgc 2.0 universal
Post 128 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched Empire Strikes Back for the first time in a while, and realized someone made a mistake - if they're trying to keep Luke something of a secret from Vader, why does everyone keep running around calling him Luke Skywalker? Is Skywalker like 'Smith' in the Empire? Were the rebels so poor they couldn't afford to make up a fake name?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Can someone do me a favor if they have gp analysis?

Interested in prices for these books.
Thanks

Detective 14 cgc 1.0 universal
Captain America 28 cgc 1.8 universal
Superman 6 cgc 6.0 restored
Superman 7 cgc 2.0 universal


these are rare books for sale - accordingly MP is very difficult to establish as it is specific to each item - but for ref

TEC 14 -


CAC28 -



SM 6



SM7

Post 130 IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
if they're trying to keep Luke something of a secret from Vader, why does everyone keep running around calling him Luke Skywalker?


Interesting observation. But you may be overlooking...Merchandising!
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@poka thanks very much mate for that.

I'll be picking up the Detective comics 14 for $525 and the cap 28 for 'gulp' $1k ๐Ÿ‘
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@poka thanks very much mate for that.

I'll be picking up the Detective comics 14 for $525 and the cap 28 for 'gulp' $1k ๐Ÿ‘


Great price on the TEC 14 think CAP 28 is fair price
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@poka thanks very much mate for that.

I'll be picking up the Detective comics 14 for $525 and the cap 28 for 'gulp' $1k ๐Ÿ‘


Great price on the TEC 14 think CAP 28 is fair price


That's what I'm thinking, the tech 1.0 is the same copy that sold for $495 14 years ago and the caps a fair price, world war 2 Alex cover, don't own a cap timely why I jumped on it.
Post 134 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Skywalker's a cool name. Skywalker the flamethrower! Skywalker the son we're hiding from the Sith lord named Skywalker!
Post 135 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody ever go to Florida supercon in the past in Miami? I am thinking of going to see if they have any high end vendors to see if I can trade for a grail.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Ryno512 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what the turn around time is for original art is currently?
Post 137 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Did I sell my Preacher #1??
I had a SS copy signed by Ennis I was thinking of sending in to add Fabry to the signature but I can't find it. I can only find my 9.6 Absolute Vertigo SS and a raw copy of Preacher #1 and raw Absolute Vertigo

The SS Preacher no longer shows on any of my excel files.....I think I sold it!?...just don't remember when or why or for how much!!!

Thinking now rather than send in the raw books for signature I should just sell them and the SS Vertigo book.....
Post 138 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
When did MCS add an eBay tag?


Post 139 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - I just noticed that a few days ago, myself.
Post 140 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Same.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
When did MCS add an eBay tag?




It is announced in the latest weekly MCS update
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
When did MCS add an eBay tag?




It is announced in the latest weekly MCS update 2/22

"New Feature: eBay Listings from MCS search results

When you are scrolling through comic issues in our catalog, many issues will now show an eBay tab as in the screenshots below. Click the tab to see buy it now or upcoming auction listings available at eBay. I know that many comic collectors already use us as a resource to get a feel for market pricing, and I'm confident that the addition of these eBay listings will make our catalog pages that much more useful to our visitors."
Post 143 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O recently. I got an email about it yesterday. I don't understand it, especially when they list raw grades from sellers other than MCS. Maybe it'll be short lived.
Post 144 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I think it is smart for MCS. Ebay asking prices are typically inflated vs MCS (typically!) so in most cases it will drive favorable comparisons.

Extra smart would be some monetization if traffic driven there resulting in a sale would get them a fractional cut too. That is how some travel websites work (listing competing offers).
Post 145 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think it is smart for MCS. Ebay asking prices are typically inflated vs MCS (typically!) so in most cases it will drive favorable comparisons.

Extra smart would be some monetization if traffic driven there resulting in a sale would get them a fractional cut too. That is how some travel websites work (listing competing offers).


yeah..isn't some internet wizardry where if you buy the item using the link from their site then they get a small amount of $$??
Post 146 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
if you play the flute and brag about it or showoff.....would you be a flouting flautist?
Post 147 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think it is smart for MCS. Ebay asking prices are typically inflated vs MCS (typically!) so in most cases it will drive favorable comparisons.

Extra smart would be some monetization if traffic driven there resulting in a sale would get them a fractional cut too. That is how some travel websites work (listing competing offers).


yeah..isn't some internet wizardry where if you buy the item using the link from their site then they get a small amount of $$??


Affiliate links.
Post 148 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
if you play the flute and brag about it or showoff.....would you be a flouting flautist?


Perhaps. But if you โ€œtoot your own fluteโ€ enough you may pick up unexpected skills and become a master debater.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@poka @flanders thanks!!! I hadn't looked at the latest newsletter. It surprised me, but like @Davethebrave pointed out, many times the better buy is through MCS, especially when you consider shipping. And honestly, it's a nice service to offer customers. For the comic in the screenshot I posted, MCS doesn't have any in stock. I'll still wait for MCS to get one in though. ๐Ÿ˜
Post 150 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
If MCS includes links to their own items on eBay, it would definitely make their own prices look better.
Post 151 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
2nd time in recent memory where USPS can't figure out how to deliver mail. Had to go to post office and ask them to intercept package to stop the vicous circular delivery....


Feb 24
3:14 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 23
8:20 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33461

Feb 23
6:45 am
Arrived at Post Office
LAKE WORTH,FL 33461

Feb 23
4:37 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33417

Feb 23
4:29 am
Departed USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33401

Feb 23
4:18 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33401

Feb 23
4:07 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 23
3:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 22
8:41 am
Departed USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33467

Feb 20
9:15 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33467

Feb 20
2:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 18
In Transit to Next Facility

Feb 16
9:03 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 16
8:52 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 16
1:16 pm
Acceptance
VICTORVILLE,CA 92392
Post 152 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Is this really worth $68,000?

Seller's Grading Comments: 1st comic App of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Premium only in select Funpals Underwear late Jan 1994; two months earlier than Sentai #2 and Disney Adventures #6 (4/1994). A Teenage Mutant Turtle #1 has over 800 CGC graded (at nearly $100k for a 9.8). This one is over 200X as rare. Besides low-print run, most were tossed; if you could wear one of your favorite heroes, why read the comic! This particular 1st App of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers has only four (4) copies at CGC!!! and only appears in market every couple years; a testament to the difficulty of finding even one out there. Truly a centerpiece to any modern collection.


Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Is this really worth $68,000?

Seller's Grading Comments: 1st comic App of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Premium only in select Funpals Underwear late Jan 1994; two months earlier than Sentai #2 and Disney Adventures #6 (4/1994). A Teenage Mutant Turtle #1 has over 800 CGC graded (at nearly $100k for a 9.8). This one is over 200X as rare. Besides low-print run, most were tossed; if you could wear one of your favorite heroes, why read the comic! This particular 1st App of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers has only four (4) copies at CGC!!! and only appears in market every couple years; a testament to the difficulty of finding even one out there. Truly a centerpiece to any modern collection.




lol!! NO not worth it

For that type of money you could probably employ one of the actual Power Rangers for 2 or 3 years - or produce at least 1 episode where you could be the star!! - now that would be worth it...if Power Rangers was your thing - also...they were out in Japan long before North America - pretty sure there must be a comic/manga 1st appearance there somewhere?
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
2nd time in recent memory where USPS can't figure out how to deliver mail. Had to go to post office and ask them to intercept package to stop the vicous circular delivery....


Feb 24
3:14 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 23
8:20 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33461

Feb 23
6:45 am
Arrived at Post Office
LAKE WORTH,FL 33461

Feb 23
4:37 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33417

Feb 23
4:29 am
Departed USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33401

Feb 23
4:18 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST PALM BEACH,FL 33401

Feb 23
4:07 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 23
3:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 22
8:41 am
Departed USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33467

Feb 20
9:15 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LAKE WORTH,FL 33467

Feb 20
2:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 18
In Transit to Next Facility

Feb 16
9:03 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 16
8:52 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 16
1:16 pm
Acceptance
VICTORVILLE,CA 92392


Hey, I'm about an hour from Victorville, want me to pick it up for you?

We both know it's coming back.

LOL!
Post 155 IP   flag post
505115 999 30