Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That company has some insane books and stuff......
Post 76 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
That company has some insane books and stuff......

Yeah, have also dealt with them and echo Ebay’s thoughts.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Did anybody try the new auction site that you tube personality Dave at comic book investment put up?

For the time being, zero fees and he pays by check or PayPal friends and family
There's a reason right there to avoid this unethical seller 👍
Post 78 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a response to email to CBCS on magazine slabs and steranko signing.

Looks like it is a no go unless something changes really soon.....

Below is response...

Hi
While the magazine cases are almost here, I unfortunately do not have pricing or a way to invoice you for them until they are launched.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Is it risky to press a book that has a centerfold or cover detached at one staple?
Post 80 IP   flag post

@EbayMafia

I don't know the answer but I'm too chicken to try it. I have a journey into mystery 83 with one staple detached and a blue label. Not gonna risk dropping the 3.5 to anything lower.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Did anybody try the new auction site that you tube personality Dave at comic book investment put up?

For the time being, zero fees and he pays by check or PayPal friends and family. I emailed asking about 1099 forms. I'll update when I get a response.

https://collectorscomics.com/

They finally replied. No 1099 forms....
Post 82 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm contemplating the Bisley signing. The price gap between a sig and a sig/sketch is more drastic than Ive been experienced with. Should I believe the sketch is larger than a remark? If so, do I consider a blank cover a book cover?

The guessing guy I am thinks the "sketch" is just a remark.
Post 83 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
An example from eBay:

Post 84 IP   flag post
Cool... a remark... Thanks amigo
Post 85 IP   flag post
I thought his sketches were awful. I'd stick with signature only.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Most of his covers are too busy to accept the sketch, I'll copy that. All my HellBlazers are in TPB. I'd be buying one specifically for this. I do have a book he illustrated for Danzig but I'm not sure of the shape it's in.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Did they stop teaching cursive because people thought it was learning to swear?
Post 88 IP   flag post
They stopped teaching cursive because it was "too hard." There's nothing like achieving success by lowering the bar. <cough> the cgc <cough>
Post 89 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Comic collecting has gone crazy!

Post 90 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
They stopped teaching cursive because it was "too hard." There's nothing like achieving success by lowering the bar. <cough> the cgc <cough>
They still teach it here, in 3rd grade 👍
Post 91 IP   flag post
What's the longest wait you ever had to make on a purchased book from a store?

I just got shipping notice of 1 of 2 books I ordered from almost 1.5 years ago....

Post 92 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
just a quick question but does the "turn around times" ever decrease in the winter months

not trying to start a war
Post 93 IP   flag post
Pretty sure that the only times TAT was affected in tbe past was convention times. However, given current backlog. I don't see that as a factor. There is no way uour getting books back in a reasonable amount of time.
Post 94 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think $200 is a fair price for this box of comics?

Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
just a quick question but does the "turn around times" ever decrease in the winter months

not trying to start a war

We're in uncharted territories. There's no pattern to be anticipated.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

If they are near mint probably. But you have to see condition.

I'd be especially concerned about spawn 1 x2
Post 97 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@MutantMania

If they are near mint probably. But you have to see condition.

I'd be especially concerned about spawn 1 x2

I would say that the majority are in the NM range including the two Spawn #1. Probably only a few lower maybe in the VF range
Post 98 IP   flag post
1/2 the cost of the books is almost covered by the 2 spawns. Not familiar with the other books, I would look up going rates on ebay sold books and see what they go for. Depending on which ghost rider 1 that is it might be Wirth something.....
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
1/2 the cost of the books is almost covered by the 2 spawns. Not familiar with the other books, I would look up going rates on ebay sold books and see what they go for. Depending on which ghost rider 1 that is it might be Wirth something.....

Very cool.. thanks
Post 100 IP   flag post
So I just read latest update on an order of books. The books were guaranteed 9.6 to 9.8 BUT a huge amount of books were damaged between signing and grading. From the website there are going to be books that do not meet 9.6. I only have 1 being sent to me on Saturday and the other one is still in limbo. But my question is this. What happens when a comic book store promises a 9.6 or above and you get a book lower? They said they will work with the customer on it, but a 9.6 book goes for 1k. How would they even approach compensation fir that kind of loss?

Granted this is all hypothetical because I don't have anything back yet.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
So I just read latest update on an order of books. The books were guaranteed 9.6 to 9.8 BUT a huge amount of books were damaged between signing and grading. From the website there are going to be books that do not meet 9.6. I only have 1 being sent to me on Saturday and the other one is still in limbo

Is this the company that has had your money forever? Maybe a response is in order. Something like "I only ordered two books, as long as one of them is a 9.8 or both are 9.6 I will be fine with this". Then let them respond before you say anything further.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Yeah, they have had my money since July 2020. Honestly, the company has been very cool. They had mystery boxes around Xmas time and I got 2 of them. Each contained a book worth 1k each. I got the mystery boxes for under a hundred each. So I don't want to be an ass. But at the same time I've been waiting a long time. I'm due to get one box this Saturday. So hopefully since it shipped without an email saying tough crap it is ok. The 2nd book has me worried though. Like I said i could be worried for no reason. They were just trying to be upfront about what happened.

Edit

I think I'm going to keep my yap shut unless shit hits the fan. I don't want to say something I'll regret if I'm emotional about it and especially if nothing bad comes of it to me.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Honestly, the company has been very cool. They had mystery boxes around Xmas time and I got 2 of them. Each contained a book worth 1k each. I got the mystery boxes for under a hundred each. So I don't want to be an ass.

I think that's a good approach then . Always best to step back and consider the entire forest rather than get angry and burn it down over a single bad tree. Hopefully your first book will be high enough that you don't mind the hit so much on the second book.
Post 104 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Solid life advice. Not just for this situation
Post 105 IP   flag post
597905 999 30