Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I see the price change thread is locked. Was there drama, or is no one allowed to complain about it?
Not trying to restart any discussion over it, just wondering why it's locked, and there aren't other discussions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Siggy I think it was getting out of hand with too much criticism of CBCS and too many posts promoting CGC. No one, including myself, was really adding anything to the discussion. I think you'll get suspended if you start posting about the same topic that has already been locked.

Yah, I was being moronic about unrelated stuff in the thread and trying to make valid complaints at the same time. Not a good look for me if I want anyone to take me serious.

@HeinzDad Dont be so hard on yourself...CBCS is a bit of a powder keg right now with all of its flaws....the price increase was the lit match. Everybody was pissed...still are.
Post 801 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
I see the price change thread is locked. Was there drama, or is no one allowed to complain about it?
Not trying to restart any discussion over it, just wondering why it's locked, and there aren't other discussions.
Quote:
@Siggy I think it was getting out of hand with too much criticism of CBCS and too many posts promoting CGC. No one, including myself, was really adding anything to the discussion. I think you'll get suspended if you start posting about the same topic that has already been locked.

Yah, I was being moronic about unrelated stuff in the thread and trying to make valid complaints at the same time. Not a good look for me if I want anyone to take me serious.

@HeinzDad Dont be so hard on yourself...CBCS is a bit if a powder keg right now with all of its flaws....the price increase was the lit match. Everybody was pissed...still are.

flaws???...whatever do you speak of??

Everything fine...nothing to see...move along folks, move along

Maybe watch the news....everything fine there too!
Post 802 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@HeinzDad Dont be so hard on yourself...CBCS is a bit if a powder keg right now with all of its flaws....the price increase was the lit match. Everybody was pissed...still are.

lol!!!!

Post 803 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What’s wrong with my pic? It suits me.

Edit: if you want a pic of what it may remind you of that’s easy, dude doesn’t have a tail.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol!!!!

I wonder if CGCs timing on their membership sale was planned that way lol
Post 805 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol!!!!

I wonder if CGCs timing on their membership sale was planned that way lol

I would put money on it that it's not a coincident.
Post 806 IP   flag post
Quote:

Edit: if you want a pic of what it may remind you of that’s easy, dude doesn’t have a tail.

i think it was national geographic or something similar when i was a kid would have closeup or other photos for you to guess what they were....still can't figure your pic for the life of me..lol!!!
Post 807 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

i think it was national geographic or something similar when i was a kid would have closeup or other photos for you to guess what they were....still can't figure your pic for the life of me..lol!!!

Seconded....I can't make it out either.
Post 808 IP   flag post
Pattern comes together and makes a cowlick on homeys chest.

There, I just answered questions, lol.
Post 809 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's 180° off from what I thought it was.
Post 810 IP   flag post
Yah, thats why it's awesome.
Post 811 IP   flag post
Quote:

Adorable!!!!! Heinz rocks!
Post 812 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thanks.
I don't slab books, so I have nothing to add either. Nothing constructive, anyway.
That said, is the topic now forbidden?
Post 813 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't even get a chance to chip in
Post 814 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
I don't slab books, so I have nothing to add either. Nothing constructive, anyway.
Who knows? Give
a thread a whirl. I was happy new guaranteed increased. It gives them time to fill old orders.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Who knows? Give
a thread a whirl. I was happy new guaranteed increased. It gives them time to fill old orders.

Don't start a new thread based on a locked thread....vacation time if you do so.
Post 816 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC yeah, the wrong kinda vacation...
Post 817 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Who knows? Give

Don't start a new thread based on a locked thread....vacation time if you do so.

Let them learn by experience.
Post 818 IP   flag post
sarcasm, all me.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Who knows? Give

Let them learn by experience.

Nah, even if I wanted to discuss it, I can clearly see the razor wire and guard towers now.
Increases happen. It's normal, but I realize that's easy for me to say, in this context. But given the topic, and (I'm sure) the thousands of customers who aren't registered to the forum, or are but infrequently visit, it seems likely some unsuspecting collector will come along and walk into a hornets nest.
"No Favorable CGC Discussions Allowed" is new to this forum, It should be an announcement, not a trap.
Maybe a stickied thread dedicated to explaining locked threads?
Post 820 IP   flag post
There is no rule, spoken or unspoken, that prevents positive discussions concerning the cgc. There is a difference between discussion and promotion and a fine line that separates the two. Each moderator can have a different opinion as to where that line is drawn in relation to the member posting the information and their posting history on the CBCS forum.
Post 821 IP   flag post
Quote:

"No Favorable CGC Discussions Allowed" is new to this forum, It should be an announcement, not a trap.

lol...not so much favorable as cheaper!! CGCs product, in house pressing and grading still inferior...

all that and I'm still torn!!
Post 822 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's not new. It's been a pinned thread for five years now.

Edit - We don't always automatically boot people for it, but we can.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
And I would argue that posting a screenshot of a CGC membership sale and/or providing a code word falls into promoting a competitor's service.
Post 824 IP   flag post
I'm not sure I'd agree, but I do know that the CBCS forum is much more friendly to discussions about the cgc than the cgc forum is about discussing CBCS.
Post 825 IP   flag post
Darn, I was gonna go over there and name my account CBCS Boomhauer.....
Post 826 IP   flag post
I'm sure I've read it at some point but in my old age certainly don't remember!!
Post 827 IP   flag post
@DrWatson
I have never been on that forum, but others have said similar comments that the other guys are um... unkind regarding CBCS and people who submit to them.
No worries, as long as they stay on their side of the fence.
Post 828 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
You ever want to have pressing talks pm me.
Post 829 IP   flag post
I found these X-Men 116 signed copies for sale on Ebay

This one is signed by Claremont in a 9.6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193437154201?hash=item2d09c0bb99:g:YY0AAOSwMkReo6nX

This one is signed by Stan & Chris in a 9.6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134144075873?hash=item1f3b9c2861:g:4OkAAOSw~kFipCpd

Both are CGC with White Pages.
What would this one be worth?

Post 830 IP   flag post
600882 999 30