Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So it was mentioned that you should count pages of book after you buy it just in case. I bought a tales of suspense 77 and count 16 pages. Is this right?
😧 aren’t TOS books 36 pages?
Post 576 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That's what I thought too. I really don't want to deal with a return so I'm Triple checking before I contact the guy I bought it from.
Post 577 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Read it and see if the story seems abrupt or off

Quote:
That's what I thought too. I really don't want to deal with a return so I'm Triple checking before I cintqxt the guy I bought it from.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash google "Grand Comics Database" and search your book. The page number will be listed near the top.
Post 579 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O
It says 36 pages.

@Davethebrave
Story seems coherent.

In theory, I would have to be missing 2 pages to miss the count. The only way I can see that happening is if the center 2 pages were missing.
Post 580 IP   flag post

I looked at pictures of another book and the centerfold pictures matches.

Do you count the covers when counting pages?
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector profade private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Your TOS 77 should have a front and back cover which counts as 4 pages. Then 8 wraps(a wrap is a single sheet of paper folded to form four pages of story counting both sides) which counts as 32 pages for a total of 36 pages. To do a page count start with wrap 1 and count to the centerfold. There should be 8 on each side of the centerfold.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Thank you. I did not count the covets as pages. That seems to be my error. Thank you for clarification
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@profade That is correct.
Post 584 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone tell me if this back cover constitutes a rejection due to overhang?

Post 585 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would say yes.
Post 586 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would say yes.
Yeah, I figured. I tried working it out a little bit but by the time all that overhang got flattened and the book lied how it wanted to, it got worse.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Of ghosts were real (they are not)

Can only people be ghosts?
Post 588 IP   flag post
I have no skin in this matter and dont believe either way, but how do you know ghosts are not real?
Post 589 IP   flag post
Quote:
I have no skin in this matter and dont believe either way, but how do you know ghosts are not real?
If a guy isn't a religious,(afterlife) fella, they kinda gotta stick with that they aren't or else they are a hypocrite. I mean, thats what a friend told me.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
If a guy isn't a religious,(afterlife) fella, they kinda gotta stick with that they aren't or else they are a hypocrite. I mean, thats what a friend told me.

Or assume there are several billion of them as none of them would have any other place to go.
Post 591 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

Or assume there are several billion of them as none of them would have any other place to go.
nuh uh, there are two places they are supposed to go too. Thats what makes them an anomaly.
Post 592 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

failure of the Houdini seances?
Post 593 IP   flag post
PSA: I read Hellblazer like a Mfr. This isn't strictly a cultural or religion based opinion I spoke. Comics are involved, wink!
Post 594 IP   flag post
So. If I understand this right, ghosts never made it to heaven or hell, they just hang out on earth and that's because they haven't figured out where to go?

When I went to church when I was a kid, there was something called holy trinity. Father, son, and holy ghost. So by default, if you are Christian, you have to believe in ghosts? That's interesting, I never thought of that before....

As for if only humans can be ghosts, I hope not. I know a few pet owners who would love to be reacquainted with their fur babies.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Ghosts (or spirits) are real. Anything with a spirit (or soul) can be a ghost. I personally believe that animals have souls. Therefore, animals can be ghosts IMO.
Post 596 IP   flag post
Man, and I was hoping for a little more feedback on that overhang... I was banking on a smart ass to tell me to trim it off. Everyone let me down =(
Post 597 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Man, and I was hoping for a little more feedback on that overhang... I was banking on a smart ass to tell me to trim it off. Everyone let me down =(
you can borrow my box cutter; got some fresh blades.
Post 598 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Ghosts (or spirits) are real. Anything with a spirit (or soul) can be a ghost. I personally believe that animals have souls. Therefore, animals can be ghosts IMO.
careful; MrTimley’s account still lurks lease hallowed threads 🤫
Post 599 IP   flag post
Whose timley? Or untimely?
Post 600 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Was it rejected? Or did you assume it would be rejected?
Post 601 IP   flag post
Mr timely funny. I remember him because he is an Ohio I think.
Post 602 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I thought it, but figured it was so obvious as to be trite.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Your opinion was all I needed. It kinda sucked telling my buddy that about his baby was all.

Edit; looking at the back cover would almost give someone vertigo. everything was printed crooked or the cover was cut crooked, or it was wrapped crooked? I still don't know. Something Ive never really run across.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your opinion was all I needed. It kinda sucked telling my buddy that about his baby was all.

Edit; looking at the back cover would almost give someone vertigo. everything was printed crooked or the cover was cut crooked, or it was wrapped crooked? I still don't know. Something Ive never really run across.
I think the over hang is extreme enough to prevent slabbing, but if your “buddy” doesn’t regularly submit; you could maybe do a joint sub. If his/hers cannot be slabbed then it comes back with yours. No harm no foul; everyone is happy(ish) and maybe he/she chips in for shipping?
Post 605 IP   flag post
601229 999 30