Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Prices for corrugated plastic comic boxes are way up since last i bought them. The cheapest I found was about 10 bux a piece but you had to buy 20 quantity. Anybody have any place else that sells them for cheap?

https://comic-pro-line.myshopify.com/products/comic-short-box-corrugated-plastic-bundle-of-20
Post 551 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Does the 12 year old GOLDEN AGE Billy Batson get sexual urges after he transforms into the adult Shazam?
Post 552 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Does the 12 year old GOLDEN AGE Billy Batson get sexual urges after he transforms into the adult Shazam?

even creepier.... if so, what age group does he have interest in??
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

even creepier.... if so, what age group does he have interest in??

You guys are killing me🤣☠️🤣
Post 554 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know much about Shazam but I think he is graced with the wisdom of Solomon. That being the case I'm thinking he goes for over 18....
Post 555 IP   flag post

If you were a handheld marine vhf radio where would you be?

Last used in the fall....

I think I need to find my float coats...maybe in a pocket???
Post 556 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Reminds me of my CB days
Post 557 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Someone forwarded me an amusing email. Anyone get an invitation to CGC’s grading seminar to “test” your skills and possibly win a job?
Post 558 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Someone forwarded me an amusing email. Anyone get an invitation to CGC’s grading seminar to “test” your skills and possibly win a job?

I did. No thanks. 🙂
Post 559 IP   flag post
Quote:

yup - got it and promptly deleted it.

You know who should take up the challenge?? That guy from EGS
It would at least lead to some sort of backing to his grading acumen!!
Post 560 IP   flag post
I had a decent chuckle.
Post 561 IP   flag post
It's a Florida thing, you wouldn't understand

=P
Post 562 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't need to "win" a job. I already have one. Plus, the word win implies that you might not get paid.
Post 563 IP   flag post
CGC, or swampy boxers?
Post 564 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
but they have snacks!
Post 565 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
but they have snacks!

It's even better when those snacks end up on your graded books.
Post 566 IP   flag post
uhhhhh, guy? Could I get some of the Newtons wing's?
Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
uhhhhh, guy? Could I get some of the Newtons wing's?

With a side of Coke rings?
Post 568 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Q= Why is it the same forum members starting new threads?

Would this be intimidating to new forum members who never post?
Post 569 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Q= Why is it the same forum members starting new threads?

Would this be intimidating to new forum members who never post?

@southerncross It's probably just about levels of engagement. I think a handful of members spend a lot more time here than average. I think that fewer threads would actually have more of a silencing effect on folks.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
If you were a handheld marine vhf radio where would you be?

Last used in the fall....

I think I need to find my float coats...maybe in a pocket???

In a container/bay used the same day that I would have tossed it in to have one less thing to worry about dropping or falling out of a pocket.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Do you all remember the line from Good Will Hunting where Affleck tells Damon that the best part of his day is when he goes to pick him up in the morning and hopes that he won't be there? That's exactly how I feel each day when I log into MCS to check on my consignment items. For about 5 seconds it's the best part of my day, the anticipation of hoping that something won't be there anymore.
Post 572 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia that's a great feeling. Unfortunately I have a knack for only selling things people don't want.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Question about asm 238 tattooz. How much of a grade hit does the book take for them missing? Is it a certain amount of points docked from the book, or does the missing insert just mean the book can only cap out at a certain grade? I tried looking for answers on this but haven't found much recently and some are kinda differing stories on it. Not really wanting a green label from cgc, especially since I plan on getting the higher grade copy signed and the qualified sig series label just looks odd with both yellow and green.
Post 574 IP   flag post
So it was mentioned that you should count pages of book after you buy it just in case. I bought a tales of suspense 77 and count 16 pages. Is this right?
Post 575 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So it was mentioned that you should count pages of book after you buy it just in case. I bought a tales of suspense 77 and count 16 pages. Is this right?
😧 aren’t TOS books 36 pages?
Post 576 IP   flag post
That's what I thought too. I really don't want to deal with a return so I'm Triple checking before I contact the guy I bought it from.
Post 577 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Read it and see if the story seems abrupt or off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
That's what I thought too. I really don't want to deal with a return so I'm Triple checking before I cintqxt the guy I bought it from.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash google "Grand Comics Database" and search your book. The page number will be listed near the top.
Post 579 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O
It says 36 pages.

@Davethebrave
Story seems coherent.

In theory, I would have to be missing 2 pages to miss the count. The only way I can see that happening is if the center 2 pages were missing.
Post 580 IP   flag post
601333 999 30