Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. It's the book that's important. But that's just me.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ya know.... I had the chance to get out... I could be at home right now....

Why oh why did I come to this dinner??... in laws and others... I don't want to be stereotypical...but man....its too much almost always...
Post 452 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Suck it up, Buttercup.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Suck it up, Buttercup.

Ouch...my own words coming back with vengeance!!!
Post 454 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy disfunction while you can. My parent in-laws aren’t around anymore and I’m not a particularly old fellow.
Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @OGJackster
Thanks for the info
My newest batch of graded comics from this year do not have that "flaw"
Post 456 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT - The new CBCS slabs don’t have that mark and are sonically sealed, so they look better and are much sturdier.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT I second what @esaravo stated. That is normal and I would not worry about it. Even though it is a bit ugly.
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
@Whammykablam it waits the usual pressing TAT.

I've made a huge mistake.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Awww sh!t....the tax man cometh!!

so much for trying to get a grail this year!!

Already forked out for new washer/dryer out of the blue and now another chunk now due to the tax man!! - I had a f'up over contributing to a retirement thing in 2020 that would have been better taxed as 2020 but instead came back as income in 2021 (after penalties for over contributing!) but not taxed.

Looks like book sales this year will be just to get my float back where I like it......

Maybe I can save enough and clear space for a presser machine and try some easy ones myself to save $$ and time to get a few more books out the door!!
Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't find an answer to this...So I know CBCS won't grade The Good Morty due to it being bootlegged etc etc...

Will they do it under the slab only option or is there no way to have this one slabbed outside of getting it signed?
Post 461 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I couldn't find an answer to this...So I know CBCS won't grade The Good Morty due to it being bootlegged etc etc...

Will they do it under the slab only option or is there no way to have this one slabbed outside of getting it signed?

I'd imagine a slab only would be ok yes?
Post 462 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

I figured that might be the case. Any idea how to do Slab Only on the online order form? I don't see any options for it...I just added "SLAB ONLY - DO NOT GRADE" in the variant section, hope that works.
Post 463 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I figured that might be the case. Any idea how to do Slab Only on the online order form? I don't see any options for it...I just added "SLAB ONLY - DO NOT GRADE" in the variant section, hope that works.

Oh man!! who knows right now - by the sounds of it the on-line submission still has bugs from the new roll out - might be easier to try a paper submission??
Post 464 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh man!! who knows right now - by the sounds of it the on-line submission still has bugs from the new roll out - might be easier to try a paper submission??

I think I have to do online as I was told to send the order number in to match it to my AW book I'm doing. I guess I'll try keeping the note and then highlighting it on the print out with a note....worst case is they return it to me saying it can't be done I guess.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure they would even slab it without a grade. Simply slabbing it and labelling it as "the Good Morty" insinuates that it is a genuine copy. So I doubt it unless the slab is labelled - "generic paper with pictures in it." Or, "The Good Morty, maybe real, maybe not, "
Post 466 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently captain carter might be a thing in the MCU

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-hayley-atwell-captain-carter.html
Post 467 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
So I just heard some upsetting news that CBCS is now doing a base $10 upcharge on any foreign comic book sent in for grading. I think this is a bad decision and will cost them some significant foreign business. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Post 468 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
So I just heard some upsetting news that CBCS is now doing a base $10 upcharge on any foreign comic book sent in for grading. I think this is a bad decision and will cost them some significant foreign business. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

According to the submission form, yes. And honestly, I don't think the graded foreign market is that huge right now. The vast majority of foreign collectors I know just deal in raws. And quite honestly, CGC is shooting themselves in their foot with the way they are labeling the foreigns submitted to them.
Post 469 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Apparently captain carter might be a thing in the MCU

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-hayley-atwell-captain-carter.html

Wouldn't this be the second Captain Carter live action series? I thought there was already a mini-series a few years back. Agent Carter I believe.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

According to the submission form, yes. And honestly, I don't think the graded foreign market is that huge right now. The vast majority of foreign collectors I know just deal in raws. And quite honestly, CGC is shooting themselves in their foot with the way they are labeling the foreigns submitted to them.

What constitutes 'foreign'...i.e. CPV (Canadian price variants), pence variants, UK magazines etc.???

Cause I had a bunch of Mighty World of Marvel and others I was considering sending in now that CBCS has magazine size......
Post 471 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Agent carter was not a super soldier. She was just an agent. I liked that series as well.

This is her getting super soldier serum like the what if animated series. Her exiles book is going bonkers. I just ordered a case of her funky soda pop and a case of the agatha Harkness funko pop. (The cases guarantee the variant can)

Here are the exiles copies. I have like 6 of each in various stages of being pressed and graded.

Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What constitutes 'foreign'...i.e. CPV (Canadian price variants), pence variants, UK magazines etc.???

Cause I had a bunch of Mighty World of Marvel and others I was considering sending in now that CBCS has magazine size......

For CBCS, I believe they are talking about published in a country other than the USA. But I could be wrong. If you really want to be confused, check out this thread in the CGC boards. I had heard an announcement was coming, but it seems to be as clear as mud. From what I read just now, it seems catered towards the foreign cover set collectors who think that they are just reprints of American comics. And I don't think Marwood is happy (rightly so)!!!!
Post 473 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I'll see if I can get a better explanation on Monday.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
hopefully there is a difference between "foreign" price variants and foreign comics (typically with different # / cover etc)
Post 475 IP   flag post
@poka I hope so to. The one thing going in CBCS's favor right now, is that Tim Bildhauser was there to start them down the right path.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@poka I hope so to. The one thing going in CBCS's favor right now, is that Tim Bildhauser was there to start them down the right path.

maybe printed instead of published - given i believe both the canadian and uk price variants were printed in the US
Post 477 IP   flag post
@poka

I thought the pence books were printed in the UK with different dies for the price. They were actually printed in the usa?

Edit

Same press. Same ink, etc according to this article

https://blog.hobbydb.com/2017/03/28/marvel-comics-pence-price-variants/
Post 478 IP   flag post
Nowadays aren't most printed in Canada - sooooo....all books are foreign??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Same press. Same ink, etc according to this article

https://blog.hobbydb.com/2017/03/28/marvel-comics-pence-price-variants/

haha!!!! totally means they should cost extra!!! should probably charge more to grade cent variants (30 vs 35 etc) or Superman Test Logo books too!!!

I'm confused on the whole foreign costs more.... it's a comic yes? grading is the same 1 vs the other yes?? soooo...only difference in grading process would be the labeling???.....just don't get it
Post 479 IP   flag post
The only reason I can think of, in charging more for a foreign book is the extra labor involved. Most folks don't speak a second language. If a grader cane across a foreign book they would have to do research in a foreign language to get all tbe relevant information.

Edit

Imagine trying to decipher a Cyrillic language and not one based on Latin. To a English only reading person, it would be a huge ordeal.
Post 480 IP   flag post
600511 999 30