Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
Are these accurate at this current time? I feel some people are saying a year+ for a simple modern submission
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector ShoddyShortBox private msg quote post Address this user
What's the plastic sheet in the middle of some CBCS slabbed books?
Post 377 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox

I believe it acts as a stabilizer to help keep the book in place.
Post 378 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox

It's PETG, archival safe. It's to hold the book in place when a comic has an overhang on the right side. This is done so that the edges don't hit against the side of the inner well to aviod any damage that could possibly be caused.
Costs us more money to do those books but we at CBCS think protecting the book is more important in the long run.
Post 379 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If rust is successfully removed from staples (scraped off or otherwise) would the book be given a Restored designation?

Assuming the Graders could tell, would the grade take a hit (assumption being the staples would be damaged in the process)?

Or is it considered like pressing (removing something that wasn't originally there)?
Post 380 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If rust is successfully removed from staples (scraped off or otherwise) would the book be given a Restored designation?

Assuming the Graders could tell, would the grade take a hit (assumption being the staples would be damaged in the process)?

Or is it considered like pressing (removing something that wasn't originally there)?

If staples are LIGHTLY scraped, then no harm no fowl.

If staples are cleaned, it will get a conserved label.
Post 381 IP   flag post
@sborock Thanks Steve!!
Post 382 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So free comic book day is coming up. This book has 1st appearance of blades daughter bloodline. You may want to pick up a copy if you can. The variant of peach momoko is insane 1:1000 variant with a price to match. That book has sky rocketed over night since key collector announced it.

Post 383 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I just tried to update my payment method under my profile so I could renew my membership and fill out an invoice so I could submit some comics this Saturday at Wicked Con. I tried four times and each time it rejected my card information, and I know my information is correct. Anyone else having a similar issue, or did CBCS stop any changes or placing of orders until their new prices and policies go into effect?

UPDATE: I was able to update the card by not checking the "preferred" payment option. So I re-newed my Bronze Membership and submitted the Invoice for a small order (5 Quick Stream books - Avengers #48, Incredible Hulk #4 & #6 (both Pence/UK copies), Iron Man #1, and X-Men #9). I am going to drop them off to CBCS at Wicked Con on Saturday, and see if they charge me the old fees or the new fees when they process it.
Post 384 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So free comic book day is coming up. This book has 1st appearance of blades daughter bloodline. You may want to pick up a copy if you can. The variant of peach momoko is insane 1:1000 variant with a price to match. That book has sky rocketed over night since key collector announced it.

wow...that Peach cover is maybe one of the ugliest things I've seen!! - way worse than my friends mom!!
Post 385 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Some of her covers are a hit some are a miss. But overall i like her art.

Her batman / joker cover is phenomenal and I also like a black panther she did
Post 386 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I love some of her stuff. Some of the venom covers she did are great, although the venom 1 cover she did was hideous.

Awful

Love this one.
Post 387 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I just tried to update my payment method under my profile so I could renew my membership and fill out an invoice so I could submit some comics this Saturday at Wicked Con. I tried four times and each time it rejected my card information, and I know my information is correct. Anyone else having a similar issue, or did CBCS stop any changes or placing of orders until their new prices and policies go into effect?
Not sure about the changing of info but I filled out a sub of junk on Sunday before the increase.
Post 388 IP   flag post
Yeah venom 1 looks like a cow in a pasture. The second one looks better. This is the batman I was referring to.

Post 389 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Some of her covers are a hit some are a miss. But overall i like her art.

Her batman / joker cover is phenomenal and I also like a black panther she did

I'm in the same boat - some a great others not so much!! -loved a Spiderwoman that she did!
Post 390 IP   flag post
Dryer called it quits (stackable front load) - think it was 12 years old?
New washer/dryer combo on the way...good by comic fund!!!

Now to call Habitat for Humanity to donate the old washer!
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know for previous submissions that had "fast pass" selected for pressing, if the fast pressing TAT will be the same as the new express tier pressing TAT?
Post 392 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Does anyone know for previous submissions that had "fast pass" selected for pressing, if the fast pressing TAT will be the same as the new express tier pressing TAT?

I'd even pay more to jump from Fast Pass to Express!! I have 1 order with fast press and fast pass - wish I knew what will happen to those!!
Post 393 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone going to Wicked Con in Boston today? I will be heading over there in a couple of hours. I would be happy to meet up and say hello. CBCS will be there and I am sure they will be getting questions about their new pricing.
Post 394 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Enjoy the show today Ed.
Post 395 IP   flag post
@esaravo ENJOY!
Post 396 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips and @sborock - Thanks guys, heading there now.
Post 397 IP   flag post
Interesting auction on ebay.

Never seen this slab before...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255481081094?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=MtbramtGQoy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x0YWgosxQv2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Post 398 IP   flag post
@Bronte Weird....I didn't know CGC had a Euro label....I think that's what it says. It's a low res picture.
Post 399 IP   flag post
It says EGC - Euro Grader Comics, a grading company based in the UK.
Post 400 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks Ed! I couldn't see the picture well so I went by the listing description.
Post 401 IP   flag post
@esaravo How was the Boston con? Pick anything up? Any artists/writers there?
Post 402 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@esaravo How was the Boston con? Pick anything up? Any artists/writers there?

I picked up mostly run-filler material for my ASM collection. I did get two books signed for my PC too. I posted some of the ASMs under the New to Your Collection thread. I hope to post more later, but trying to grade science reports and labs this weekend for end of quarter, so not much free time to spare.
Post 403 IP   flag post
why does everywhere on my body hurt??!!
Post 404 IP   flag post
You are a geezer?
Post 405 IP   flag post
601231 999 30