Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-man 93 new first appearance chasm I think is the name. Gleason cover is also first cover. As announced by economics in comics...
Post 351 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Am I late to realize we can now add pics to pm's?
Post 352 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You can cut and paste from a thread for the longest time. Don't know about directly through PM though.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You can cut and paste from a thread for the longest time. Don't know about directly through PM though.
yes, but now you can tru the thread.
Post 354 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
yes, but now you can tru the thread.

Just noticed this myself...you can now post pictures in PM through the PM....before, you had to copy the the code from the forum and paste it in the PM.
Post 355 IP   flag post

Very cool. I'm glad that's an option now
Post 356 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
That's cool. Nice to see that added.
Post 357 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If the cgc notes read:

Grader Notes
light spine stress lines to cover
very light bends to cover

Does this mean that it probably hasn't been pressed?
Post 358 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
If the cgc notes read:

Grader Notes

Or just a bad press........
Post 359 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Gracias, amigo.

This person on eBay had the above questioned notes book listed for $68 with a best offer option. Offered $50. No go. Offered $55. No go. Offered $60. No go. Offered $65. We have a winner.

Why have an offer option if your bottom dollar is $3 less than the list price? I appreciate the $3, but if you aren't willing to discount by 10%, then just use the BIN.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I've had Mark jeweler inserts but what is this, life of me I can't remember. Maybe it's a variation?

Post 361 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
what is this, life of me I can't remember.

@southerncross I can't really remember either but I think it's a type of clothing called lingerie. Pretty sure I saw it in a movie once. It has something to do with women and sex if I remember correctly.
Post 362 IP   flag post
@southerncross

Your not the only one wondering. Thos guy had a conan book and he ripped out I guess the good parts of the catalog

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31752
Post 363 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I've had Mark jeweler inserts but what is this, life of me I can't remember. Maybe it's a variation?

yeah, the cool variation!
Post 364 IP   flag post
I wonder what it would feel like to get bitch-slapped by the Fresh Prince on live TV?
Post 365 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

I dunno. But Chris Rock deserved it. There are some things you just don't joke about
Post 366 IP   flag post
@Bronte I think the Smith-slaps-Rock GIF will be a great replacement for the Batman-slaps-Robin Meme.
Post 367 IP   flag post
They already plastered the picture of Rock getting smacked and his shocked look all over the news. I can only imagine how right you will be in tbe coming days....

Post 368 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
If the cgc notes read:

Grader Notes

Or just a bad press........

some bends just don't press out - this book has been pressed at least once (I had CBCS do it) and there is still an indent/bend

Post 369 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I'm probably going to have to take that book off your hands at some point.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@KatKomics I'm probably going to have to take that book off your hands at some point.

lol....pretty sure I might have to channel my inner Charlton Heston on that one!!
Post 371 IP   flag post
hate being a responsible adult...government is trying to buy votes for an upcoming election so I just got a 1 time rebate cheque for $470...which I'll pay bills with rather than add to a comic fund.....stupid adult!!!
Post 372 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Bronte I think the Smith-slaps-Rock GIF will be a great replacement for the Batman-slaps-Robin Meme.

going broader than that

Post 373 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
Can somebody provide me with a link that breaks down the different submission levels and the TATs for them? I cant seem to find the estimated time frames
Post 374 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.cbcscomics.com/estimated-turnaround-times
Post 375 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
Are these accurate at this current time? I feel some people are saying a year+ for a simple modern submission
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector ShoddyShortBox private msg quote post Address this user
What's the plastic sheet in the middle of some CBCS slabbed books?
Post 377 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox

I believe it acts as a stabilizer to help keep the book in place.
Post 378 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoddyShortBox

It's PETG, archival safe. It's to hold the book in place when a comic has an overhang on the right side. This is done so that the edges don't hit against the side of the inner well to aviod any damage that could possibly be caused.
Costs us more money to do those books but we at CBCS think protecting the book is more important in the long run.
Post 379 IP   flag post
If rust is successfully removed from staples (scraped off or otherwise) would the book be given a Restored designation?

Assuming the Graders could tell, would the grade take a hit (assumption being the staples would be damaged in the process)?

Or is it considered like pressing (removing something that wasn't originally there)?
Post 380 IP   flag post
600777 999 30