Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

Collector Sysm private msg quote post Address this user
When is the magazine slabs supposed to be available? I'm waiting to send in some of my TMNT books and I want them in the CBCS slabs. I hope they keep the sturdy case of the normal comic books. CGC comic vs magazine slabs feel night and day.
Post 276 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Sysm - April per the latest update.
Post 277 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
In cartoons, why do tracers/trackers (like the Bat tracer/tracker or Spidey's tracers/trackers) all have little flashing lights on them? Wouldn't that be a give away to the person they're tracking?
Post 278 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Visual reference for the viewer.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Down the razor rabbit hole - in the mail!!! (1940's or 50's)

Post 280 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There was an infographic going around that showed the years when Newstand and Direct books were compared via circulation. Does anyone still have that? Need to check years 1981/1982.
Post 281 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Check out this article.
Post 282 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Thank you!! 🍻
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Good article! So guys, let's say hypothetically I am thinking about selling one of these. Which one would you keep? Or, would you keep both of them a little longer?

Post 284 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@DrWatson Good article! So guys, let's say hypothetically I am thinking about selling one of these. Which one would you keep? Or, would you keep both of them a little longer?

The Direct edition is the scarcer book.
Post 285 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't read article but I wouldn't sell until at least until the announcement of the TV series start date. If not the actual start date. But my copies I will hold for long run. I think it will dip after the series but if they do a movie, is when I would sell.
Post 286 IP   flag post
@GAC True, however the newstand has a higher FMV. I am on the fence about the She Hulk show being a comedy. I would hate to see the FMV of these tank at some point.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@GAC True, however the newstand has a higher FMV. I am on the fence about the She Hulk show being a comedy. I would hate to see the FMV of these tank at some point.

Wait - what??? She Hulk will be a comedy??

sell...sell all you have now!!

mine is News Stand btw...
Post 288 IP   flag post
Apparently I glossed over the comedy part too....

https://movieweb.com/she-hulk-legal-comedy-sitcom-disney-plus/

Crap. How fast should I sell mine..... lol
Post 289 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

I wonder if it will have a laugh track?
Post 290 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I wonder if it will have a laugh track?
I sure hope not. I hate sitcoms more than anything.
Post 291 IP   flag post
As someone who has difficulty with humor. I absolutely abhor comedies. That is the one type of movie I never go watch. I can sit through twilight and tween romance crap but comedies... ugh
Post 292 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don' know..it seems like it could be ok......I really only have 2 legal comedies to compare to - Night Court and To Kill a Mockingbird
Post 293 IP   flag post
I only sat through night court because I though Markie post was fine as hell as a child....
Post 294 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Night Court but, yea, Markie Post WAS fine as hell.
Post 295 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone on the forum have the eBay seller id jrinaf? The seller has some books I might be interested in.
Post 296 IP   flag post
The cost of reholdering is $12 according to the site....is that the cost regardless of the value of the book being reholdered?
Post 297 IP   flag post
@GAC
High value books are more expensive. 20 for CGC AND 50 for those exceeding 1k in value.
Post 298 IP   flag post
@Bronte But for CBCS is it still $12 regardless of value?
Post 299 IP   flag post
I could have sworn I saw $12 for reholdering but now I see $10.

Here's where I saw the $12. I thought I was losing it.

Post 300 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it was $12 for non-members?
Post 301 IP   flag post
@DrWatson I had to find it because I was seriously starting to question my sanity....it was the CDN price. Seriously relieved..lol!
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Does anyone on the forum have the eBay seller id jrinaf? The seller has some books I might be interested in.
The person with that ID is a member of the boards across the street. Not sure if they participate here.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Thanks, @steveinthecity.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Something I never would have thought to wonder or ask. I can't believe it was brought up...

https://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-thing-sex-life-penis-marvel-comics/
Post 305 IP   flag post
601333 999 30