Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 202216788

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Currently all of the streaming services are belong to us. Considering trimming. Anyone else revisiting mix?

100% Keepers:
* Amazon Prime (overall best value by far considering other Prime benefits)
* HBO Max (best show and movie catalogue overall, Discovery+ layered soon)

Unclear:
* Netflix (several shows we watch, broadest range of Kids content and we have two kids… likely keeper)
* Hulu (wife watches some shows…)

Likely cut:
* Disney+ (Disney catalogue, kids may eventually like more of the content but can add this back in the future)

Not a fan of wasteful spend. We now have a good sense of actual usage over time, particularly with kids.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Currently all of the streaming services are belong to us. Considering trimming. Anyone else revisiting mix?

100% Keepers:

Unclear:
* Netflix (several shows we watch, broadest range of Kids content and we have two kids… likely keeper)

Likely cut:
* Disney+ (Disney catalogue, kids may eventually like more of the content but can add this back in the future)

Not a fan of wasteful spend. We now have a good sense of actual usage over time, particularly with kids.

Have you thought of the free streaming services that have ads?

I use Tubi and all it took was just downloading the app on my kindle.

They have the old Dark Shadows tv show.
The old Batman and Shazam tv show. And other stuff, you do get ads but it's free so that's always good.
Post 977 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

100% Keepers:

Unclear:

Likely cut:

I've been rethinking streaming services, too, and I agree with your assessment.

We use Amazon for a number of services and did before streaming was a possibility. So my wife and I see their streaming service as icing on the cake.

I really like HBO Max. It's the streaming service that I watch most. I'm a classic movie buff so I watch quite a bit from the TCM hub.

Netflix I recently canceled but I am thinking of restarting it so that I can watch Sandman.

Disney+ I only have because I get it free through a family member. My kids (16 and 13) almost never watch it. I seldom do, either.
Post 978 IP   flag post
Definitely, we have used free (ad supported) streaming in the past and continue to in addition to the paid services.

Anything that has a lower tier “ad supported” option but also costs $ will be cut, however, if we decide to adjust the mix.

The tough call is when there are must see shows. The only Disney+ show we’d really miss is The Mandalorian. Of course nice to be able to watch some earlier MCU too. We also watched Loki but by the end of the season we were less intrigued. Maybe we’ll just get Disney+ for one month per year lol.

HBO is different because of the depth. Not a lot of kid-friendly content that we’re aware of so that still means Netflix is likely a must-have…

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:

100% Keepers:

Unclear:

Likely cut:

Have you thought of the free streaming services that have ads?

I use Tubi and all it took was just downloading the app on my kindle.

They have the old Dark Shadows tv show.
The old Batman and Shazam tv show. And other stuff, you do get ads but it's free so that's always good.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Do you all pay for Disney Plus? Everytime I tell the family we don't need it, they tell me that we don't pay for it. They could be liars though.
Post 980 IP   flag post

Bundle deal, right? We have Hulu, ESPN, Disney+.

All owned by Disney, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Do you all pay for Disney Plus? Everytime I tell the family we don't need it, they tell me that we don't pay for it. They could be liars though.
Post 981 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Bundle deal, right? We have Hulu, ESPN, Disney+.

All owned by Disney, of course.

Quote:

It was more like a mobile phone freebie back in early 2020. So it's very possible we are paying for it through our mobile phone bill.
Post 982 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - Happy Birthday, Coby!
Post 983 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Happy Birthday! The forum chipped in to cover your Disney Plus.
Post 984 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Happy Birthday!!
Post 985 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
What they need to do is bundle all the streaming services and offer them as 1 package - maybe you could pick and choose what you want in that package.......oh wait........ that's what cable was wasn't it.....

I don't count Prime as it's a side benefit, we use my sister in-laws Netflix and we pay for Disney (I could probably drop it though as there isn't much - maybe enough to binge for a month or 2 a year? - my niece is like 7 though so presumably they are using it more than us?)

no HBO up here but most of those shows are on Crave and then Apple TV - again - maybe pick these up to binge for a month when we are in lockdown in the fall/winter again? can only think of 2 or 3 things I would want to watch - but then I could just as easily not...
Post 986 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It was more like a mobile phone freebie back in early 2020. So it's very possible we are paying for it through our mobile phone bill.

I get my Disney+ through a family member who has it this way - as a mobile phone "perk." So I do not pay for mine. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have it.

Happy birthday, @EbayMafia.
Post 987 IP   flag post
I think it’s happy anniversary @ebaymafia

Odd, yes.

Congrats, whichever it is!
Post 988 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I paid forc3 years when they did the special promo for signing up
Post 989 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Happy B-Day...cheers
Post 990 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I remember when tv was free
Post 991 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

I still use an old-school antenna for some of my TV. I put one in my attic and another in my garage. So, I stream sometimes and watch the free stuff sometimes. Lots of choices. 🙂
Post 992 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

My grandparents had a snazzy antenna in the mid 70's. Obviously there was the long rabbit ears, but it also had a large dial on the base that you could turn one notch at a time to help tune the signal.
That's when you watched whatever was on that came in clearly lol....
Post 993 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Dad is serious about his TV. Before cable came along he had a huge TV antenna that you could get inside sort of like a triangle shapped cage. It was probably about 100 feet tall.

To further paint the picture, once we got cable, he donated his TV antenna to the local volunteer fire department. They still use it today to broadcast their signals.
Post 994 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia, Happy Birthday Sir!!!
Post 995 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone familiar with this label? I noticed I have a couple books with the diamond plate design at the top. Was this just a passing thing?

Post 996 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Is anyone familiar with this label? I noticed I have a couple books with the diamond plate design at the top. Was this just a passing thing?

The notorious rivet label.

They're legit CBCS labels. Someone may have designed them while on a drunken bender but they are legit. 🙂

Yep that style didn't last long.
Post 997 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

The notorious rivet label.

They're legit CBCS labels. Someone may have designed them while on a drunken bender but they are legit. 🙂

Yep that style didn't last long.
thank you
Post 998 IP   flag post
Sure, @drmccoy74. My pleasure.
Post 999 IP   flag post
597967 999 24