Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCertified Comics For SaleComics Copper Age

Ebay - trying to arrange am item return from Canada to US16777

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 My ebay policy is no returns.

The reality is that you can't stop returns but I feel that offering them explicitly would result in more buyers thinking that returning items for no reason is a good idea.

I could be wrong but why leave a welcome mat for mayhem?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I'm mostly trustworthy unless it comes to sharing snacks - I'll hide mine and eat other peoples in the house first

We might be related somehow ... I do the same thing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

The reality is that you can't stop returns but I feel that offering them explicitly would result in more buyers thinking that returning items for no reason is a good idea.

Every seller has to make the best decision they can for whatever seems to work best. I save about $1500 in fees annually by offering free returns. I average 2-3 returns per year, costing me about $75. So for me, it's a no-brainer. And as I said, if someone REALLY wants to return something on your dime, it can be done. Your Canada shipment is a good example.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:

Every seller has to make the best decision they can for whatever seems to work best. I save about $1500 in fees annually by offering free returns. I average 2-3 returns per year, costing me about $75. So for me, it's a no-brainer. And as I said, if someone REALLY wants to return something on your dime, it can be done. Your Canada shipment is a good example.

I might have to change my policy.

If you only get 2-3 returns per year perhaps I am just paranoid about the idea of offering returns would lead to a huge increase.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

If you only get 2-3 returns per year perhaps I am just paranoid about the idea of offering returns would lead to a huge increase.

To get the discount, you also have to do 1 day shipping, which is a challenge sometimes. But if you can meet the program's requirements, you might try it to see how/if your return rate is affected. If it seems to be a problem, a surge of returns, you can always switch back. But at least you will know instead of speculating.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone ask what specific concerns the buyer has that causes him to believe this is a second print? It would be good to get that on record at least.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To get the discount, you also have to do 1 day shipping, which is a challenge sometimes. But if you can meet the program's requirements, you might try it to see how/if your return rate is affected. If it seems to be a problem, a surge of returns, you can always switch back. But at least you will know instead of speculating.

I usually ship next day but during con season I am away too long to keep up with one day shipping.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Did anyone ask what specific concerns the buyer has that causes him to believe this is a second print? It would be good to get that on record at least.

No valid reason, apparently the only indocation is a notation of such in the indica on page 1.

I didn't check but this could be confirmed by pulling up listings for raw copies, and contrasting the numbers in the UPC box.

But I'd bet the buyer either found another 9.8 cheaper, needs the cash more than the book/changed his mind etc.

Based on this info per mycomicshop, I'd say that eBay will refund/credit the $21 charge to @drchaos ,as the book has been *certified by a reputable 3rd party grading firm as a 1st print*.

I'd tell the eBay rep the label would indicate 2nd printing or reprint, as the given norm is not to list "1st print" on a slab considering listing the month and year f publication makes that a moot point in most instances.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
I'd tell the eBay rep the label would indicate 2nd printing or reprint, as the given norm is not to list "1st print" on a slab considering listing the month and year f publication makes that a moot point in most instances.

I don't know if it would have worked, but sometimes we should resist the urge to jump to the defensive and start presenting our evidence. Maybe we should point out that the buyer is accusing us of criminal fraudulent activity and ask what their evidence is. Maybe also point out that by agreeing with the buyer, Ebay is also slandering the seller by agreeing that they engaged in fraudulent activity.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos , any good action come your way on this?
Post 35 IP   flag post
601347 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?