Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Raw Comics For Sale

werewolf by night 1-2016744

Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
<<>>NOT YET FOR SALE <<>>

As i watch this tittle modestly increase i am
wondering if it might be time tothink about selling this lot.
I have done some research and>>>

Lets ASSUME the grade of nothing below 7.5 and most 8 or better...
with the #1 book pictured. ( i grade it at 8-8.5..imo)..
do you think $1200 is in the ball park>?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
You could send them to MCS and sell them there or put them in auction. I'm thinking you would clear about $800 unless some of them are 9.4 and above.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
According to GoCollect if they were slabbed and all 8.0:

#1 $375
#2 $75
#3 $85
#4 $100
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I’m looking for a run let me know what you’re looking for
Ty
Post 4 IP   flag post
I was thinking it was 1-10 when I mentioned $800 raw. I think $1,200 for 1-20 would be fairly likely if sold raw at MCS. If MCS grades them at 8.0 or higher, maybe even more.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
No slabs or grades. My honest opinion if all are in the grade range you are thinking 800 on a good day. 300 if it's a bad day. Not many are going to gamble 1200 on non graded books of a b or c list character. My honest opinion. Not trying to be that guy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
No slabs or grades. My honest opinion if all are in the grade range you are thinking 800 on a good day. 300 if it's a bad day. Not many are going to gamble 1200 on non graded books of a b or c list character. My honest opinion. Not trying to be that guy.
I do understand your concern about not graded , how ever, if you can find a run of 1-20 at 8.0 or better for $300...id do that all day long i think. The #1 and #2 are worth that much..and the rest for freee...hell ya
I was thinkning low end--$600--high end $1200 BUT its ALL subjective
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
If they're sent to MCS then they will be "graded" by a fairly reliable company. I would send them to MCS to get the best bang for the buck, even if raw.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
I do understand your concern about not graded , how ever, if you can find a run of 1-20 at 8.0 or better for $300...id do that all day long i think. The #1 and #2 are worth that much..and the rest for freee...hell ya
I was thinkning low end--$600--high end $1200 BUT its ALL subjective

This is where MCS is very useful. If they grade them all at 7.0 I think they would total in the $1,000 range at auction there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
MCS grades raw books way too harshly. I would not send raw books there to sell. Slabbed book all day long for sure.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
According to GoCollect if they were slabbed and all 8.0:

#1 $375
#2 $75
#3 $85
#4 $100

8.o.(graded]..64 bids sold for $490 jan 09/22...like i said..seems to be a bit of a hot tittle right now.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I got $400 burning a hole in my pocket
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
MCS grades raw books way too harshly. I would not send raw books there to sell. Slabbed book all day long for sure.

@GAC I've sold about 50 raw books through MCS this year and am happy with the results. I've gotten over my concerns about their tight grading. Certainly the grading is tight, but that is understood by the buyers. The tight grade is free and it has significant credibility. It would cost about $30 each to slab these books...or $600. That leaves a good amount of room for selling below slabbed price. Not every book is right for selling raw through MCS but these particular books are pretty ideal because of their age, condition and rising interest. I can't think of a selling platform where @Tyler would be likely to net more money than selling raw at MCS.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It would cost about $30 each to slab these books...or $600.

Plus the time to get the graded books back and then get them on MCS unless you're paying for fast pass on them which would further dip into potential profit. The show could be released and people could hate it by the time you got them back graded and the market for them could nose dive.

So selling now ungraded would probably be the best option to maximize profit (if that's your purpose). Weird, I don't have any quote language around my response and the end quote is there.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600653 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?