Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Strange happenings at CBCS16738

Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
So.....I just happened to be looking at my invoice again (from April 2021) and I just noticed a $50 credit. So I checked the paper invoice and they reduced my charges for Green Lantern #21 (1963) and X-Men #8 (1964) from $55 to $30. Is that normal? If so, do I get refunded or do I then have a $50 credit with CBCS? Banking on the sheer unresponsiveness of customer service, I figured I would ask the more knowledgeable first.

Thanks for the responses!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
JACKPOT BABY -
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad What fees were actually reduced? $25 per book sounds like Signature verification and the remaining $30 sounds like Consumer grading tier. Did you happen to add signature verification to two unsigned books and they refunded those costs?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I think I figured it out. I wasn't charged for pressing the two books. Either they didn't press them, or I got a freebie. Wouldn't I be notified if they didn't? Or do they just decide if it doesn't help, they don't press and clean? Sorry, first time using CBCS pressing. Usually go independent.

Thanks!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you pay for the press screen? If you pay for the press screen then CBCS will examine the book and determine whether pressing will improve it. If so, you pay for pressing. If not you don't.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad If they feel it would not be safe to press the book (too fragile, brittle, etc) they would forego pressing. I would imagine CBCS would normally notify you but given the lackluster customer service on top of the mass volume they are trying to cope with, I think that would be easily missed
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on how you paid, they can issue a refund to your card or send you a letter with the credit to apply towards a future submission.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
If pressing decides not to press a book, you do not get informed. You just get a credit if you paid for the pressing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Excellent!!! Thanks for all the responses!! I'll say it again....Love this forum!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
Excellent!!! Thanks for all the responses!! I'll say it again....Love this forum!!!

@Ginosdad Well said, this forum is the greatest.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Unless of course you have a short memory....
Post 11 IP   flag post
601329 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?