Star Trek: Picard | Season 2 Official Trailer | Paramount+16736

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Now that looks hot
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I just cancelled my Paramount + subscription last week because of lack of content. Loved 1883, but got tired of waiting for Picard and the new season of Star Trek Discovery went backwards from previous 2 seasons and is unwatchable like the first season. I will pick back up ar conclusion of Picard and binge that and 1883 before fall sweeps.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
I just cancelled my Paramount + subscription last week because of lack of content. Loved 1883, but got tired of waiting for Picard and the new season of Star Trek Discovery went backwards from previous 2 seasons and is unwatchable like the first season. I will pick back up ar conclusion of Picard and binge that and 1883 before fall sweeps.

Yeah don't waste your time ST: Discovery. Trekkies beware!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
Picard was amazing 🤩!! Can’t wait for season 2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Star Trek Discovery went backwards from previous 2 seasons and is unwatchable

I agree. For the most part, I don't like some of the new characters. It seems manly men heroes are becoming a thing of the past. Just the sad direction things are going I guess.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn74
Picard was amazing 🤩!! Can’t wait for season 2.

From another article... "Alongside Q, we can expect the return of the Borg Queen, this time played by Annie Wersching. Whoopi Goldberg will be returning as Guinan, Brent Spiner as Altan Inigo Soong, and there are rumors that Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris) and LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge) will turn up.

Season 2 of Star Trek: Picard premieres on March 3 on Paramount+."

Me too! I really liked the first season.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been able to watch these new trek stories...just doesn't seem like trek

I've been rewatching TNG, DS9 and Voyager instead....sooooo much better
Post 9 IP   flag post
This is what I'm looking forward to...

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Season 1)

Star Trek fans have fantasized about a whole series starring Kirk’s predecessor Captain Pike for a long time. The original pilot for the entire franchise, “The Cage” starred Jeffrey Hunter as Pike and Leonard Nimoy as Spock. Eventually, William Shatner took Pike’s place in the captain’s chair, and the rest is history. Yet Pike remained canon, with footage from the “lost” pilot making its way into the Original Series episode “The Menagerie.” The legacy of “The Cage” continued into the present day with Discovery using the footage for “If Memory Serves,” an episode where both Pike and Spock returned to Talos IV, the scene for “The Cage.”

“When we said we heard the fans’ outpouring of love for Pike, Number One, and Spock when they boarded Star Trek: Discovery, we meant it,” executive producer Alex Kurtzman told StarTrek.com. “These iconic characters have a deep history in Star Trek canon, yet so much of their stories have yet to be told.”

Indeed, Anson Mount as Pike, Ethan Peck as Spock, and Rebecca Romijn as Number One were considered the best thing about Discovery‘s second season. They became so popular that Paramount took notice and commissioned an entire series focusing on the pre-Kirk Enterprise. Paramount is so sure that the series will be a success when it launches later this year that a second season is already in production.

Strange New Worlds will forego the continuing narrative style of Discovery and Picard and return to the episodic style of classic Trek, bringing back the “planet of the week” format that first put Star Trek on the map. The show will also feature many names familiar to fans of the original Star Trek, with younger Cadet Uhura (Celia Rose-Goodin) and Nurse Christine Chapel (Jess Bush) both in the series.

“We’re going to try to harken back to some classical Trek values, to be optimistic, and to be more episodic,” executive producer Akiva Goldsman told Variety in 2020. “Obviously, we will take advantage of the serialized nature of character and story building. But I think our plots will be more closed-ended than you’ve seen in either Discovery or Picard.”

Post 10 IP   flag post
601215 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?