Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Amazing spider-man 678 inquiry? And other venomized books16727

Collector TigerRose1981 private msg quote post Address this user
So i decided to collect some of the venomized marvel books that i thought were funny and ones that may be of value. I received a couple in a mystery auction and it got me interested. Picked up a few more $8 to $10 raw issues at my local store that were more for fun!!
After doing so i decided to look into ones that might be of value as well. I had trouble finding some of the ones i bought on go collect so i just googled venomized marvel(still a newbie 😉)!! Came across the big guns in doing so! One of which is ASM #678,and found a few raw copies going for a decent price on ebay.....or so i thought!! I realized the several variants from the start, but didn't realize, at first, that the affordable raw copies on ebay were not the same as the one listed on gocollect. They are all the "Quinones variant " but the gocollect is the English version. The Quinones threw me off. The English version is $6,800 on gocollect but it's the only version listed. There are graded versions of the Spanish variant listed at $1000 range but all the raw copies are listed around $50 to $80 at buy it now....seems like a steel for a $1000 graded. I've searched everywhere to find the true price value of the Spanish version so i don't get duped, but I can't find it anywhere. Seeking the wisdom and vast knowledge from all of Yee Masters of The Trade! ENLIGHTEN THIS RAMBLING,BUMBLING INFANTILE!!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s mine love this book and you it has blown up!!

Post 3 IP   flag post
@Amspider That is freaking awesome!! And look at all those priceless signatures!!! I must say I am quite jealous!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
its such an awesome cover...I always prefer variants. they always look coolier
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Amspider So do you know the legitimate value of the Spanish version.....graded and raw?
Post 6 IP   flag post
And what are some of ya'lls other favorite venomized covers?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRose1981
And what are some of ya'lls other favorite venomized covers?

trying to remember...I do like that because of the details and story it tells.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I stumped the masses with the Spanish version inquiry.....lol?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Amspider did you aquire all of those signatures yourself?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Amspider So do you know the legitimate value of the Spanish version.....graded and raw?

The Mexican version - an exclusive variant for the La Mole Comic Convention - is going for a little coin, but not nearly as much as the original U.S. version. Not a whole lot of information out there, but I did find this:
https://covrprice.com/issue/amazing-spider-man-678-joe-quinones-la-mole-mexico-exclusive/?current_page=1&issue_type=variant
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thank you! That was actually quite helpful! Now I know it's not really very valuable like it's English counterpart....unfortunately! I appreciate you taking the time to dig that up for me!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd thank you! That was actually quite helpful! Now I know it's not really very valuable like it's English counterpart....unfortunately! I appreciate you taking the time to dig that up for me!!!

It was no trouble at all! I use CovrPrice frequently and they have a lot of user input, so all one of their members has to do is give them the information on a book and they will add it to their database and track it. That includes foreign variants, error variants, Mark Jewelers, etc. It's just a matter of looking it up to see if they have it yet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd that is really cool!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 I agree for sure!!!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
This is all I've got so far.

Post 16 IP   flag post
@Whammykablam that is a awesome cover!! It looks great in that gold signature series slab!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
@TigerRose1981 I just saw an unsigned one on eBay for just $55.
Post 18 IP   flag post
601511 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?