Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededWant to Buy

Rough grade????16722

Collector NortherInkComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello I’m pretty new to the comic world and I just could use some help with the grade of the book. Just because the nasty crease down it, wondering if it is worth it to send it in.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure of the grade but that's a great book definitely worth slabbing.

This is GoCollect FMV: FF 52

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely worth grading! Awesome book- with the crease though I'd expect a 3.0? I find it best to set expectations low and then be happy with an extra point or two.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@NortherInkComics - Welcome, newbie. What does the back cover look like? The back cover is just as important in determining the grade of a comic, and also I want to see if there is water staining (because there appears to be staple rust with some migration based on your second picture).

PS - And pretty much in any condition, that is a sought after book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
I would agree with the others. 3.0 would be realistic. Anything higher would be a bonus
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is a sweet book! I'd slab it in a heartbeat! The crease will give it a less desirable grade, but that is such a hot book it's still worth the investment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
3.5 here
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm terrible at grading a book with such a horrible color breaking crease. If you intend to slab it, then most certainly press it. The right side is certainly an indication of a pressing, although I personally don't feel it will increase the grade.

If you have no intentions of slabbing, then most certainly store it in a Mylites 2/Fullback and stash it away.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
The rust will probably hurt the book more than the crease. I agree with the poster above. How does the back look?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
there are comics not worth getting graded due to condition....and there are those....that are 100% worth it even with visible damage....that is worth it
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome aboard @NortherInkComics Like @esaravo mentioned. I would like to see the back too. I would also look the book over on the inside for writing, adds clipped out and color touch bleed through. I would also do a page count. You should have 8 pages before the centerfold and 8 pages after the centerfold. So 16 pages total is what you should have. Even if it had any of these issues, I feel that it would still be worth getting slabbed. Also like @Pre_Coder mentioned,it definitely would benefit from a clean and press. The crease is color breaking and pressing will not help that but it may improve some other areas of the book.
Good luck with the book.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Better pictures of the book.

The back cover looks pretty good.
Post 12 IP   flag post
You found it on EBay!! I think I may pull that listing down and slab it. I hope this is how I reply also

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Better pictures of the book.

The back cover looks pretty good.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Wow that you every one for the warm welcome and great info!!! I feel like this is a big family here! I think after all the info I may pull it down and slab it. Should I show you my DD 1 for recommendations. I have acquired a very large collection so no I guess I am a comic dealer lol.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips thank you for the welcome. Yes all pages are there no clippings no color bleed and the better photos are above!! I thought maybe 3.5 but had a gut telling me 4-4.5 and I said no way!! I might be new but I have a good eye and learn very fast. I have a huge attention to detail that is sometimes not the best trait to have lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks for the welcome. The back cover photo is above its in good shape and no visible water damage from what I see.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@NortherInkComics - The back looks pretty decent. There was definitely a moisture problem at one time, based on the rusty staples and the waves on the left side of the back cover. Still a great book, and those waves would be improved by a press. Good luck on the grade!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@esaravo thank you. Thing is should I flip It quick I have an offer of 600 or get it graded and keep it. I see this book gaining value in the future
Post 18 IP   flag post
If not for the crease the book looks solid. I don't think a 3.5 is out of the question. You'll probably get more for it raw since it looks so nice. The book looks to be trending down from when the movie launched. It may gain some more traction once the new movie comes out.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortherInkComics
@esaravo thank you. Thing is should I flip It quick I have an offer of 600 or get it graded and keep it. I see this book gaining value in the future
Depending if you have other desirable keys, the $600 bucks could cover the cost of getting a good amount of other books graded and maximize your profits. Daredevil #1 is a huge key. Let's see how it looks please. For this FF 52 I put it about in the 3,0-3.5 range.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
A 3.5 on GPA

Post 21 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
id take the $600. i think because of the damage.....could be a 3.5 because of that fold on the cover. a graded 2.0 has gone for around $400

i could be wrong on grade but that fold on the cover, water like damage on back, etc will hurt grade
Post 22 IP   flag post

Lower grade copies aren't holding up very well.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Bronte The pandemic really screwed with my timing on that movie. I thought the movie came out a couple years ago, but it's more like almost 6 years ago. The book does seemed to have increased even after the movie came out.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@NortherInkComics It's probably a $775 book if graded at 3.5. $600 seems like an acceptable price since it doesn't have a verified restoration check and would cost time and money to have it slabbed. Maybe counter at $630. If you don't sell because you want to speculate on the future, that's a different story. I'm sure there will be more Wakanda in the MCU...but it's not like this book is just now coming out of the shadows.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE

That's ok. My days are all ground hogs. day. I have to look at my phone to figure what day of the week it is and I have to look up an age calculator when asked how old i am. If the world ever lost its electronics due to solar flares or some thing similar, I'd be screwed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@NortherInkComics It's probably a $775 book if graded at 3.5. $600 seems like an acceptable price since it doesn't have a verified restoration check and would cost time and money to have it slabbed. Maybe counter at $630. If you don't sell because you want to speculate on the future, that's a different story. I'm sure there will be more Wakanda in the MCU...but it's not like this book is just now coming out of the shadows.

I think EbayMafia is correct. The wait time, the pressing, the grading, it all adds up. Sell the book and grade the daredevil 1. That has a bigger potential in my opinion. With things so uncertain after Mr. Boseman passed, I can't see the book reaching as high as it eould have if he were still among us.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Take the $600 and run
Post 28 IP   flag post
Speaking of movie uncertainty.. it appears to be delayed again...
Post 29 IP   flag post
thanks everyone for such a great help this really has to be on of the most active helpful forums I have been involved with. I will take some pictures and post the DD1. I have had freinds say 4-4.5 on that one.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601460 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?