Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know at what submission size your books are sent back in two boxes from grading? I find 30 in a box leads to damage. 22 in a box has routinely shipped flawlessly. If I send 40 books in will they come back in 2 boxes?
Post 76 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Stupid question on my part. But if you know this to be the case, can you divide the order into separate invoices that way you insure that your order is divided properly?
Post 77 IP   flag post
It’s not a stupid question. My thoughts have been numerous subs may gum up the works more????? I could be wrong, I unknowingly figure 1 large order may be easier for the system?? I don’t know.
Post 78 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would imagine you would submit multiple orders in the same shipping box, and if they are dividing the return shipment into 2 boxes anyways, I don't see how that would cost you more. The only drawback I can see is that the books don't arrive at the same time. But if you aren't flipping them I can't imagine that being an issue.

Personally if I knew that they can't ship a certain quantity without breaking, I would divide the order. I would hate to risk having to reholder anything if it wasn't necessary.

Edit

By the way, it's very considerate to think of the company first, but there is a time where you need to put yourself first and think in the scheme of things it's 1 submission amongst thousands. I don't think they will mind.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It’s not a stupid question. My thoughts have been numerous subs may gum up the works more????? I could be wrong, I unknowingly figure 1 large order may be easier for the system?? I don’t know.

I have shipped multiple orders in a single box before and had no problem at all. I do that when I have books that need signature verification, because I know those will hold up the entire order, so I send them on a separate invoice in an envelope/mailer inside a bigger box with all my other submissions. Also, I think they will ship no more than 20 ~ 25 to a box. The Other Guy does the same thing. They'll break up big orders into more than one box.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I would imagine you would submit multiple orders in the same shipping box, and if they are dividing the return shipment into 2 boxes anyways, I don't see how that would cost you more. The only drawback I can see is that the books don't arrive at the same time. But if you aren't flipping them I can't imagine that being an issue.

Personally if I knew that they can't ship a certain quantity without breaking, I would divide the order. I would hate to risk having to reholder anything if it wasn't necessary.

Edit

By the way, it's very considerate to think of the company first, but there is a time where you need to put yourself first and think in the scheme of things it's 1 submission amongst thousands. I don't think they will mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I have shipped multiple orders in a single box before and had no problem at all. I do that when I have books that need signature verification, because I know those will hold up the entire order, so I send them on a separate invoice in an envelope/mailer inside a bigger box with all my other submissions. Also, I think they will ship no more than 20 ~ 25 to a box. The Other Guy does the same thing. They'll break up big orders into more than one box.
Nice... thanks for the suggestions.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Is there a chance that moisture can collect inside a slab (CBCS slab in this case) from being in the cold then being brought indoors? Condensation I guess it would be. If so, it would eventually go away correct?

Absolutely a risk. If condensation results in water droplets forming and ultimately contacting the paper… well… that may not just go away.

On the bright side, I don’t think the risk is as high given the materials involved (plastics)… but it remains a risk.

I believe the best way to avoid issues is to avoid fully sealed containers. I imagine / know the CBCS slabs aren’t airtight. This helps avoid condensation issues. Now, if the container used for shipping is airtight or nearly so, I think that could be a problem…

I think the speed of temp change, degree of “sealing”, degree of temp difference, and the transition medium (plastic for the slab) all impact the risk, along with humidity and temp of when it was sealed up…

Sudden, sharp temp differences or humidity changes are of course never good…

Edit: want to note that pressing with extra humidification hits all the points above (sudden temp change, humidity change, etc). That is why you see non-pros messing it up… but in light of an uncontrolled environment, I suppose you want to avoid these swings :-)

Thanks! OK, so it's something I need to consider. I'll bring the box in and let it sit for a little while. I doubt the packaging is air tight so I'll let the package warm up slowly. Appreciate the response!

Dave is correct but the cardboard shipping box itself acts as insulation and a buffer between extreme temperatures.

I wouldn't open the box next to your fireplace or furnace but that's a given.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So apparently free comic book day is in may, so I am a bit early, but I'm curious as to how you guys / gals approach it if you don't visit a local store? Last year, I bought a box from comics elite "I think", but it was kinda pricy for free books.

Any thoughts on a better approach? I don't subscribe to any specific online store monthly, I typically just buy what I like from whomever has it.

I won't go to any of the local shops because all the freeloaders are out that day. If there is something I may be interested in, I'll ask one of my stores to set aside a copy. My pull list is done online and I can also add some free stuff for my file if I want.

If I recall correctly, Graham Crackers will sell them online for $1 after FCBD but they tend to go fast if there is something that the profiteers think they can use.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Thanks. I'll look at Graham crackers this year to see what they have to offer as well....
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks. I'll look at Graham crackers this year to see what they have to offer as well....
If you can't find something, lemme know. I'm pretty sure I can get whatever from my LCS but there are 3 others close I can hit.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
If you can't find something, lemme know. I'm pretty sure I can get whatever from my LCS but there are 3 others close I can hit.

I'll echo that as well. If you're looking for something, I don't have any problem picking something up.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Thank you. That's mighty kind of you.
Post 87 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

Thank you. You guys are great.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Apparently hulk 6 is intro to a new villan of hulk.

I preordered a few copies at mycomicshop.com just in case it has any value above cover price...

https://screenrant.com/titan-hulk-deadliest-new-marvel-comics/
Post 89 IP   flag post
Jim lee batman in Legos

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/jim-lee-batman-collection-31205?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-US9P/9RI/vA-2860710-116033-1
Post 90 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks ago there was a discussion about comics with double covers and how could the comic get a different grade than the grade assigned to either of the covers. I was just doing a search on eBay and saw this book. Now that’s a grade swing I didn’t think could happen! (Not my book)

Post 91 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
At least it mentions that all interior wraps are split and detached.
Post 92 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This is more of a statement than a question. I am no longer buying books from a scan graded by the cgc that have the current/new labels. After about four such purchases, I have found that they tend to be over graded by about one grade according to my tastes. I don't fancy paying 9.8 prices for what is essentially a 9.6 and so on and so forth on down the grading scale.
Post 93 IP   flag post
So. I was watching Regie collects. He mentioned spawn 3d was a good spec book. Saw a ton on ebay, was like this guy is crazy.

He just got back on another broadcast. The run was only 500 printed. 100 of that 500 were water damaged. So only 400 viable copies out there. Ebay us wiped out cept for a couple of hard core scalper copies.

I bought 2 VF- copies and pray they ship.....
Post 94 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you 32 different orders in the same.box?? 🤔
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Can you 32 different orders in the same.box?? 🤔

Don't see why not. I know I've put at least 3, possibly as many a 5, orders in the same box, with each one packaged separately and with invoice attached. I think 32 may be a bit much, but if it's how you want to proceed, then you do your thing.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thanks! I'll save on shipping that way!
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@Byrdibyrd thanks! I'll save on shipping that way!

That's it exactly. I save quite a lot on shipping when I send multiple orders in the same box. I've never had problem with it, either.
Post 98 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd boom!!!!!
Post 99 IP   flag post
Steve Borock interview just landed on comic investment

Edit

About 325 books a day per grader. 5 graders

Prices will go up soon
Post 100 IP   flag post
600902 100 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?