Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Moderns/Currents are you watching or looking for?16681

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’m very curious to see what happens with Mark Hamill’s The Black Pearl which has been dead in the water. I bought 1-5 for a decent price and am patiently waiting on the outcome of the possible movie. I’m also on pins and needles about the Spawn movie. It’s not looking good, but I want it and want to see where it would go.

What are you watching or looking for?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash how far back are you thinking when you say modern/current?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'm seriously hoping for a black cat movie. I always loved the character and I'm pretty vested in her first appearanc comic book wise.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@HulkSmash how far back are you thinking when you say modern/current?
technically I follow the “standard” “1985 to present”, but I feel as the industry evolved “modern” began 1990 and ends 2000-2010 (that’s topic for a different thread).

Edit: my basis is the events that led to the creation of Image and the impact Image made on the industry for both consumers and creators.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte saw something today that actress Anya Taylor-Joy from The New Mutants movie in 2020 will be playing Black Cat.
Post 5 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@semperfi_ny that New Mutants movie was a yikes as in "yikes its terrible"
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector semperfi_ny private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy agreed
Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
On the bright side, queens gambit was pretty good in my opinion
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think Miracleman is too good of a property to go unused by Marvel. There was a hint at it recently in one of the story arcs.
I also think Marvels Ronin is going to stick around and be used again somewhere.
Post 9 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Live action Invincible. The animated serious is great even with changes to the original. One of the rare modern books that is actually (relatively) uncommon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
451733 10 10