Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Golden Age

More Fun 7316676

Collector dennisqdw private msg quote post Address this user
Just sold at Heritage for 192K including premium. My copy -same grade 6.5- on myslabs was listed at 150, I think I'm going to have to raise the price now ;-). If anyone here knows who came in second on that auction please send them my way. I've temporarily taken it down from myslabs. thanx --ds
Post 1 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisqdw
Just sold at Heritage for 192K including premium. My copy -same grade 6.5- on myslabs was listed at 150, I think I'm going to have to raise the price now ;-). If anyone here knows who came in second on that auction please send them my way. I've temporarily taken it down from myslabs. thanx --ds

Have a look at the same auction’s original art sales and how those escalated (including one that nearly closed at $450k and ended at over $3M). There was bidding hysteria (happens often). If you want a shot at that you likely want a live auction format…
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave Yeah I know. I've been waffling on Heritage because it can be so unpredictable. Sometimes you get hysteria sometimes you get blaah. But I figure if I can reach whoever was the other bidder, I'm sure we could both walk away happy. I was watching that crazy original art bidding too. Gotta start planning on selling mine -although I've got nothing especially special.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
The price that page from Secret Wars #8 got is bonkers. Wow.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@dennisqdw Maybe try a compromise idea and get it in front of a larger audience on Ebay or MCS? I believe MCS has a cap on commissions but you would have to send them the book. I think myslabs.com is just a really small buying audience at the moment.
By the way, you're packaged arrived today. I haven't opened it yet but I'm sure it's fine. The yellow Special Handling sticker combined with Registered Mail is probably overkill, lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity

crazy!! sold for higher than AC1....I know its OA and all but still...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Tom Holland prob bought it. Chump change brotha when you're starring in multiple films.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the artists are kicking themselves now for not holding onto their original work?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Tom Holland prob bought it. Chump change brotha when you're starring in multiple films.

It's his signing bonus for making a 4th Spidey film.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Thanx for the heads up. How can you wait to open it ;-) I figure overkill at a negligible price is worth it. Without going into details I won't deal with MCS. I agree about myslabs and think it's time to move on to Heritage, and just take the ding on their commission.

@southerncross I'm sure that artists were in the same boat I (and others)were in decades ago. Take the money now if you need it. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
615415 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?