Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector apoptosis private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone else submit at NYCC? Mine still say processing, however the home page says they are past grading (11/7) and past shipping (10/24) cons that were on 10/8/2016.

Has anyone received their NYCC submits yet?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsheatingup private msg quote post Address this user
I did submit at NYCC but I fast passed so I have received them back already.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't gotten mine yet. Still not in grading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mugroantics private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are not even in processing yet. And that's with fast pass. Apparently the "pressing guy" is hanging on to a bulk of books before sending them back to CBCS for grading.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If CPC's backlog is anything like CFP's then the time it adds could be significant. I submitted books at SDCC in mid-July, went to CFP for pressing, and were received by CBCS in mid-October and that's when they're considered received as far as the turn-around time is concerned.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoptosis
Did anyone else submit at NYCC? Mine still say processing, however the home page says they are past grading (11/7) and past shipping (10/24) cons that were on 10/8/2016.

We're not working on "Cons" from 11/7, that's an abbreviation for "Consumer" tier books.

We're working on Moderns from 10/4.

That's a bad abbreviation to use, but that's all the characters I have in that field on the home page.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Mugroantics private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite that is utter nonsense. Lesson learned by me... never press books by CBCS's contractors. Last I remember it was those two that were exclusive. But the turn around time is unexceptable. Particularly with your SDCC submissions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

We're not working on "Cons" from 11/7, that's an abbreviation for "Consumer" tier books.

We're working on Moderns from 10/4.

That's a bad abbreviation to use, but that's all the characters I have in that field on the home page.

Yet, another reason to rebuild the website.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector apoptosis private msg quote post Address this user
So "EXP/Cons" doesn't stand for Expos and Comic Cons? That is bad abbreviations. However, at least that explains why mine haven't shipped.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Whoa! I've been watching the updates thinking my convention submissions were going a bit faster than regular submissions 😂😂😂
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email this morning saying my submission is in the process of being graded. Dropped off on the 1st day of NYCC.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to the CBCS / grading community,so I just learned what EXP/Cons means.

Good thing I figured that TAT means Turn around Time..lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Muuko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
If CPC's backlog is anything like CFP's then the time it adds could be significant. I submitted books at SDCC in mid-July, went to CFP for pressing, and were received by CBCS in mid-October and that's when they're considered received as far as the turn-around time is concerned.

Yeah...I found out the hard way on that exact same thing also. Just means I'll be using third party for pressing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty pissed about my two Stan Lee witnessed books from RICC on November 13. I only wanted to have one of the books pressed, but the CBCS guy talked me into submitting both to CPC for pressing. He also said I would have them both back BEFORE Christmas, and even wrote "Ship By Dec 19" on my Submission Form. Based on feedback from CBCS, they haven't even received them back from CPC yet, so forget the before Christmas special offer. I also feel like I was overcharged, but CBCS said they couldn't even look into that until they received the books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted books for pressing at RICC on Sunday and they showed up on my dashboard an hour ago. Good luck with christmas unless your books are rapid!

Which makes CPC current turnaround 4.5 weeks
Post 15 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - Thanks for that update. The Stan lee's haven't shown up on my dashboard yet, but maybe there's hope for Valentine's Day!
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So "EXP/Cons" doesn't stand for Expos and Comic Cons? That is bad abbreviations. However, at least that explains why mine haven't shipped.

I was under this assumption as well when I first submitted but soon found out I was sadly mistaken
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I'm pretty pissed about my two Stan Lee witnessed books from RICC on November 13. I only wanted to have one of the books pressed, but the CBCS guy talked me into submitting both to CPC for pressing. He also said I would have them both back BEFORE Christmas, and even wrote "Ship By Dec 19" on my Submission Form. Based on feedback from CBCS, they haven't even received them back from CPC yet, so forget the before Christmas special offer. I also feel like I was overcharged, but CBCS said they couldn't even look into that until they received the books.
The downside here is that CBCS cant control the outside company. But agree that a date should not have been promised if it isnt met.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
You have to look at received dates. Mine were received 10/14 - 10/19. The one with expanded just went into grading. I'm sure the others will start grading soon.

I understand confusion about EXP/CON but if you think about it makes sense with what tiers are
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1971

I understand confusion about EXP/CON but if you think about it makes sense with what tiers are

We shouldn't need a secret decoder to get valuable information such as when the comics are to be graded. I don't even understand the limitations on characters set on a web page. The web page can easily be updated to increase the character limit for the text field Steve is using to update that information on the web page.

The web page and forums are a disaster. They need to INVEST in a professional web developer that knows what they're doing.
Post 20 IP   flag post
598088 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?