Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The cgc to start charging dealers an annual membership fee of $199.16658

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
After switching over to CBCS years ago it doesn't look like CGC is trying very hard to get me back.

Exactly how I feel.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Byrdibyrd Sometimes at year end there can be a massive push to get product out so revenue can be booked for that calendar year. A lot of companies see quality control disappear as they near the end of a reporting period. I don't know if yours was a year-end thing, but it's common, particularly where investors are involved.

That's true, and it makes some sick sense. I've never had this many rejects before. It's insane.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
After switching over to CBCS years ago it doesn't look like CGC is trying very hard to get me back.

Exactly how I feel.

Yup. From now on, CGC is for signings that I just can't pass up, usually with aging creators whose work I respect. Aside from that, it's CBCS all the way.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd I've been saying that for the longest time and in the same breath I say "nah, just give them another chance ".isn't it easier to shop at one grocery store??
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@Byrdibyrd I've been saying that for the longest time and in the same breath I say "nah, just give them another chance ".isn't it easier to shop at one grocery store??

It's easier to have one-stop shopping, that's for sure. The last time I sent anything that wasn't for a signing to The Other Guy was early last year, right before they jacked their prices the first time (I wanted to sneak a few non-pricey G.A. books in before they axed their "value" tier). I haven't regretted the decision to ignore them for my general grading needs at all.
Post 130 IP   flag post

@Byrdibyrd tje only saving grace I have for them is I can send in books and wait to pay for them. Thats essentially why I did it in the first place. I didn't want to wait till money was available for me to send here. I don't necessarily regret doing that but I'm not excited about it either. Waiting to be billed at a different time shouldn't really matter, quality grading and a good product shoul; that's what they offer here.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

If you ever lived in an area with just one grocery store, you would realize that you are framing the question all wrong.
Post 132 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I have not , how should I have framed the question?
Post 133 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't it easier to shop when you have more than one grocery store?
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Having different options is key.

Different store carry different products/brands.

Where would we go for autograph authentication if CGC was the only game in town?
Post 135 IP   flag post
That's the way I was thinking.
Post 136 IP   flag post
600880 136 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?