Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Test Your Online Grading Skills - Hulk 1 Newsstand Red Hulk - Sent to CBCS16657

Collector Eclipse9665 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent this book in to get graded by CBCS. What grade do you think it will get based on these images? There is no damage on the inside as far as I can see. I update this thread when I eventually get my books back.

Side note, are there any newsstands graded by CBCS? If I am using the population report correctly it seems to say there are not.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
8.5 - 9.0
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Did you get it pressed or not? I'm still trying to get my "grading legs" myself by to me this looks like it's 8.5-ish unpressed, 9.0 to 9.2 pressed (don't murder me forum friends if I'm way off).

The things I notice is that there is a bindery tear at the top of the spine, which I'd assume is a production defect and may not deduct (doesn't look blunted). Then I spot 7 color-breaking spine tics on the front cover and a crease on Phineas' nose, the top of the "O" in HOW, possible crease /dent in Ferb's nose and an indentation in Candace's hair. Possibly some color loss near the lower right spine on the rear?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
9.0 for the color breaking spine ticks and small indentations on the back cover.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Did you get it pressed or not? I'm still trying to get my "grading legs" myself by to me this looks like it's 8.5-ish unpressed, 9.0 to 9.2 pressed (don't murder me forum friends if I'm way off).

The things I notice is that there is a bindery tear at the top of the spine, which I'd assume is a production defect and may not deduct (doesn't look blunted). Then I spot 7 color-breaking spine tics on the front cover and a crease on Phineas' nose, the top of the "O" in HOW, possible crease /dent in Ferb's nose and an indentation in Candace's hair. Possibly some color loss near the lower right spine on the rear?

It has not been pressed yet, CBCS will be taking care of that. As for the potential color loss on the lower right spine on the rear, I believe that was the lighting (oops).

I did not notice the bindery tear you are referring to, but I unfortunately cannot check due to it being at CBCS already. Thank you for your in depth analysis!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RonMob private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a 9.0 or a 9.2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
9.2/9.4 with the press.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 8 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess me hanging around you guys has made me knowledgable. was thinking 9.2 or 9.4 which seems like cencus
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. 9.0 pressed might get 9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
9.0 for the color breaking spine ticks and small indentations on the back cover.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm tryin to learn too, b4 i look at other grades, i say 9.2 without press 9.4 with. i saw at least 6 spine tics that seem to break color. those alone knock it down to under 9.6(base on what i've learn or understand from u guys).So why a 9.0 or lower what am i missing??
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
I saw 8-9 tics and 3 indentations on the back cover.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
VF/NM (9.0)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
9.0 -9.2
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector TimFinz private msg quote post Address this user
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
9.2/9.4 with press imo
Post 16 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS does not currently recognize newsstand editions published year 2000+ So the label (and population report) will not show any.
I’ve asked @sborok to note all newsstand editions, but it’s ben a few years now.
I actually tried CGC with a handful of my 2013 Marvel newsstand editions and found them to be frustratingly inconsistent in newsstand recognition.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Joosh

Ok thanks for letting me know! That is a bummer that it is not recognized on the label, but I guess when selling its always possible to point out that it is a newsstand. Hopefully that will change eventually.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk spine ticks cornering my guess is 9.0 to 9.2
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone! I will update this thread when I get the book back.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also in the 9.0-9.2 club.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600721 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?