Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

2021-22 NFL Playoffs picks, predictions and discussions16654

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Make your predictions and picks for the playoffs and SuperBowl!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O FYI that in the second round, the #1 seed will play the lowest remaining seeded team. Thus if New England or Pittsburgh were to win their first game, they would play Tennessee, not the winner of Cincinnati/Las Vegas.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
will post up soon
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Lonestar good point. So, I should cheer for Buffalo and K.C.? LOL

Actually, in those games, I AM cheering for Buffalo and K.C..
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking forward to Derrick Henry's return. Superbowl score 64.

Post 5 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I can't pick the Purple People Eaters........
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
GOLD BLOODED!!!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder That's Superbowl 1 being played again. That would be wonderful.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
AFC Wild Card Round
4 Bengals over 5 Raiders
6 Patriots over 3 Bills
2 Chiefs over 7 Steelers

NFC Wild Card Round
4 Rams over 5 Cardinals
6 49ers over 3 Cowboys
2 Buccaneers over 7 Eagles

AFC Divisional Round
1 Titans over 6 Patriots
2 Chiefs over 4 Bengals

NFC Divisional Round
1 Packers over 6 49ers
2 Buccaneers over 4 Rams

AFC Conference Championship
2 Chiefs over 1 Titans

NFC Conference Championship
1 Packers over 2 Buccaneers

Super Bowl
Chiefs over Packers in a wild shootout 41-37
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Raiders vs Bengals... time for kickoff.

I picked LV, but really having second thoughts. But that's ok. Congrats to either team.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

the girls and I are sorry we are late
Post 14 IP   flag post
Great game!! Right down to the wire!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Great game!! Right down to the wire!!

I thought it would have been more controversial if they blew that play dead and didn't call it a touchdown. I'm glad the Bengals got their first playoff victory in 31 years. The NFL should also replace that senile ref for blowing the whistle.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Congrats to Cincinnati,.. they deserve it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
A lot of you fellas chose poorly!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
A lot of you fellas chose poorly!

I may have chose poorly, but I rooted properly.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I sure chose poorly for the NE vs BUF game!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I don't think anybody thought the Bills would thoroughly dominate the Pats like they did.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

@Studley_Dudley Was it you? All kidding aside, I am happy for you, bro! I know you gotta be PUMPED right now!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp that's hilarious.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I don't think anybody thought the Bills would thoroughly dominate the Pats like they did.

I thought the Bills would win easily, but not by 30. They are the better team this year (and obviously last season too). Everyone jumped on the NE bandwagon during their winning streak, but something happened during their bye week. Mac and Cheese hit the rookie wall, Judon stopped sacking and pressuring QBs, JC Jackson stopped making interceptions, hell the whole defense disappeared. Maybe they all got big heads from the accolades every sports commentator was heaping on them and they stopped playing together as a team. They beat Buffalo the first time by taking advantage of the weather and making Buffalo stop the run. Ironically, the Pats can’t stop anyone’s running game right now. They should be decent again next year, but they have lots of issues to address. It’s probably better that they got blown out, to show them just what they really are, and how hard they have to work to get back to being the top dog in just their own division (don’t forget that Miami beat them twice!). Way too much hype, not enough talent. And it doesn’t help that the Hoodie has surrounded himself with a coaching staff that he could pay using PayPal’s friends and family.
Post 24 IP   flag post
That was the first Bengals playoff game I've been to, and the atmosphere was absolutely electric. I've been to some big games in Cincinnati before where the crowd was wild but nothing like this. My friend & I got in early because we wanted to just soak it all in. I will admit to having that nervous excitement. Let's be real, we've seen the Bengals in the playoffs before only to be a quick exit. There is a different feeling about this team, however. Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor have a more killer instinct when it comes to winning than any of the Marvin Lewis-led teams. Marvin catches a lot of grief but he really helped turn the franchise around and make it a place where guys want to come play, and I'm grateful to him. All of my expectations for the team have been surpassed this season as I was honestly expecting 7 wins max, and to really start competing next season.
A lot of respect to the Raiders. I know people talking about how the Raiders would be the best team for us to up against but I would have wanted to play NE. Rich Bisaccia made a strong case to be named their head coach by leading his team through all the nonsense to get to this point. The Raiders are a grinding team with Crosby and Ngakoue on the edges are studs with an underrated offense. I knew they wouldn't be an easy out and that the Bengals would have to earn every yard against them. Thrilling game down to the finish.
As far as the officiating goes, I like Jerome Boger. I think he is a good official. However, I don't know what was going on during this game. They let a lot of stuff go throughout the game for both sides. The only call that killed me was when Burrow snapped the ball and the Raiders had 12 men on the field and there was a roughing flag all while completing a pass to Chase down inside the 5. The phantom timeout and no whistle drove me & 66,000 other people nuts. Everything came back and it really shifted some momentum to the Raiders. All in all, great experience. I don't know if I'll get season tickets again. It's a little easier to just get a 2 or 3 game ticket pack and call it a day.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Cowboys beat themselves, the penalties were backbreakers . They dug such a big hole it is surprising it was this close
Post 26 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town You're right. As heartbreaking the outcome, Dallas defeated themselves throughout the entire game.

I bet Dak's throwing arm is totally wasted right now.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Everyone is going to second guess that final minute over and over but it should never have been that close nor lopsided. Dallas dug themselves a deep hole with all the penalties and it likely would have been a different outcome otherwise

Bright side for me, now the entire country sends its most likely canidates to dallas for the next six months to study, be taught and be groomed for the next seasons coming squad and I can start sorting through who has chosen to stay and who has gone.

Normally departing veterans provide a nice window at securing something signed before they are gone, and the girls who announce plans to return will all have messages or letters sent trying to secure them again this season. Tedious process when your goal is to get everyone at least once.
Post 29 IP   flag post
My bracket needs to be adjusted for 🧀fest!

Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 150 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?