Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Share Your Personal Artwork Thread16646

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my drawings and cross hatch work. Be gentle, fairly new at this.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Some of my drawings

That one is trippy!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Some art I did about 30 years ago.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few examples of my work

Post 30 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
dont have them on me (likely thrown away). but consider myself good at drawing simple cartoons (pretty much newspaper comics or some cartoons....comics are trickier for me.

Im not good with from memory but give me a garfield, peanuts, etc I can recreate the image.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 I'm looking forward to seeing your art. I can barely draw a box from memory.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post

Post 34 IP   flag post

Post 35 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Commando with a dash of Captain Marvel Jr. #115.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Your Mister Freeze in the original post looks like it was done by a much more experienced artist than the other works. If I was your agent I would say figure out what you did there and play to your strengths. Have you ever looked at Bob Burdens' work..i.e. Flaming Carrot comics? I feel like he could be an inspiration for you.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia that Mr freeze took a fraction of the time as the other two as well. I think this is my best work though, I still prefer using a pencil instead of a tablet. I haven't looked closely at any Flaming carrot. I'll look some over and maybe try to recreate one.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Bob Burden does a lot with a little. You can just Image Google "Bob Burden Sketches". Notice how each character has a different facial expression with just a couple of lines:

Post 39 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders Your Mister Freeze in the original post looks like it was done by a much more experienced artist than the other works. If I was your agent I would say figure out what you did there and play to your strengths. Have you ever looked at Bob Burdens' work..i.e. Flaming Carrot comics? I feel like he could be an inspiration for you.

I agree and would freeze that portrait where it stands today… no more is needed.

That is why I called it out in my original post.

@flanders I will use a music / musician analogy that you might appreciate. There are musicians with impeccable technique. Typically they start relatively young and/or had immense natural talent (yes, natural talent is absolutely a thing). Then there are those who don’t have as full an inventory of techniques but can tell their story regardless.

The latter usually still work to improve their technique. Because technique only can expand, not limit, expression. BUT they also tell their stories using their existing strengths.

The Mr Freeze had a great use of lines, color and space. It may be partly because you left it incomplete that it stands out… so like what ebay said, I might suggest testing that approach with other interpretations. Just don’t tie them too strictly back to what you’re referencing… leave them as representations that stand alone.

It is a very cool image!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
@Thorneart - your blend of stippling and hatching is amazing!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Here's some sketches I did in the last year.

Post 42 IP   flag post
I’m no artist and haven’t drawn anything for years but was inspired a few minutes ago by this thread. Figured would start with something that’s been extinct for thousands of years. That way less likely to be criticized too much and all my mistakes will be less glaring (I mean, not like we know what these realllly looked like, right???)

The only thing I do recall (IIRC) is to always pronate the wrists. As you can see it took me a couple attempts to at least get THAT part right.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
For no real good reason I've been looking for classic covers to reimagine with Swamp Thing.

This was first on my phone. Not the best experience with using the small phone screen, or color. Honestly I lost interest in it and moved on.

My second attempt was with a new Samsung tablet / pen combo. Much easier to get details and the larger screen feels more natural to "real" drawing for me.

I haven't really taken the time to draw in decades, but I hope to get more of these done as time allows.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@xjagnew amazing work on that tree sized special!
Post 45 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I wanna play!

Post 46 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@xjagnew amazing work on that tree sized special!

Thanks! It really was twice as many thrills.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the finished comic book cover I was working on this past week. From left to right, the characters are; Shadowman, Punk Mambo and Baron Samedi. Sharp eyed Shadowman fans will notice I took artistic license with Baron Samedi. Baron Samedi is an actual figure in the Voodoo religion, so I adjusted the valiant figure to better represent (imo) the traditional figure. Hope some of you like it.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Thanks to @flanders for this thread. Inspired me to try my hand at sketching a comic character yesterday.

Reminds me of what we might get if we had George Clooney play Superman after a few rounds of roids and a Leno chin enhancement.

Post 49 IP   flag post
Rodney Dangerfield doing the triple lindy wip.
Post 50 IP   flag post

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
I'll play! This one was from about 40 years ago.

Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post
Reference was from the 80th Anniversary Edition cover if it looks familiar.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Rarely have time to do sketch covers due to other literary and artistic pursuits, but I whipped this one out the commission about seven years ago...

A book store owner wanting one of my dragon sketches allowed me complete freedom to compose it in any manner I chose, then shipped me the comic. After looking over the comic I decided to incorporate the main character in the style of the interior art. About a month later I handed the finished work to him in person at a convention in Dallas in case he wanted something else or wasn't happy with the work as completed. I'm pleased to report the owner was quite happy.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601455 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?