Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

What Are You Watching?: Part II16640

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 676 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on episode 4.

Post 677 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Even today, the is still the scariest scene I've ever seen in film. When I was seven or eight my older brother used to turn the lights off at night, make the same errie, howling like sound as the toxic guy, and scare the living hell out of me. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs each time and crying...good times.

Growing up in a religious home...this is the movie that scared the hell out of me. The first time I watched it I was probably 11 or 12 (parents were not aware I watched it)...terrifying in my opinion.

Post 678 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC without my brother tramautizing me, I don't think it would be as scary to me, but it's still extremely terrifying.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC A piece of Exorcist trivia:
Right before the infamous crucifix scene the detective comes to talk to the mother and she places it on a table in the foyer. So while they are in the kitchen talking it’s implied that Regan sneaks downstairs to get it. Besides the spider walk scene you never actually see the possessed Regan outside the bedroom just the thought of it is super creepy.
Post 680 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 681 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
These coin flippers are just so cold-blooded.
Post 682 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
These coin flippers are just so cold-blooded.

Two of my all-time favorite movies, No Country for Old Men and There Will be Blood. Completely different movies but released months apart and similarly impactful. Masterpieces both.

Then we had TDK in 2008. Epic 12 month period for movies.
Post 683 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave you just picked my afternoon. Well played!
Post 684 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
@Davethebrave you just picked my afternoon. Well played!

You indirectly caused me to order new fuses. Well played indeed!
Post 685 IP   flag post
Well let's get them out of the way:

Post 686 IP   flag post
Re-watched Whiplash. Originally watched on a transcontinental flight. A tad too cartoonish for us (wife a music major, me a hack on about five instruments, one of which is drums).

Still recommend it. If only for J.K. Simmons. Someone I saw probably a dozen times when I lived in NYC. “NOT MY TEMPO!” - a phrase I never yelled at him.

Yes, my family owned a Tempo but this was not ours.

Post 687 IP   flag post
Post 688 IP   flag post
Believe it or not, The Flying Nun lol! I haven't watched this since I was a little kid.

Post 689 IP   flag post

Post 690 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse I started watching Season 6 last night. I'm not sure if I want to join the cartel or start my own Cinnabon franchise.
Post 691 IP   flag post
@flanders they might be the same. Enjoy!
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Out of morbid curiosity, I watched the new Beavis & Butt-Head movie.

It was probably better than the first one, but it still felt long for a movie with an 87 minute runtime.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished The Terminal List Pretty cool show.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Watched Locke. Could have been a 45 minute film and carry the same (or greater) impact. I thought it especially touching when Spider-Man asked Venom to come home.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Watched Locke. Could have been a 45 minute film and carry the same (or greater) impact. I thought it especially touching when Spider-Man asked Venom to come home.

Wait, what was this? Locke?
Post 696 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:

Tom Hardy and Holland in the same movie (Locke) as father and son.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:

Tom Hardy and Holland in the same movie (Locke) as father and son.

Ahh okay i thought you were being literal ... gotcha.
Post 698 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Harley Quinn (animated)
re-watching Big Bang Theory
Peacemaker (Finally)
American Horror Stories
Sandman (4 episodes left)
Post 699 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just binged season one of The Boys over the last 48 hours.

Really enjoying it so far.

Now on to season two.
Post 700 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
just put on she hulk
Post 701 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
just normal - 100% not creepy stuff...

Post 702 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
more totally normal stuff

Post 703 IP   flag post
The Orville, season 3.
Post 704 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The Orville season 1.
So far it's ok.
Post 705 IP   flag post
600879 999 30