Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

What Are You Watching?: Part II16640

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished Paper Girls and then Sandman - absolutely great - both of them - hope they are picked up for however many seasons they need to tell their stories!!
Post 651 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Let's see some shows from Swamp Thing, House of Mystery, House of Secretes, both of which were mentioned in the Sandman series with Cane

If you didn't see Swamp Thing, I thought it was really good! I just wish they had done another couple of seasons.

DC...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....should be their movie/tv/streaming motto....

Swamp Thing was spectacular...was so looking forward to Blue Devil!
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Let's see some shows from Swamp Thing, House of Mystery, House of Secretes, both of which were mentioned in the Sandman series with Cane

If you didn't see Swamp Thing, I thought it was really good! I just wish they had done another couple of seasons.

DC...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....should be their movie/tv/streaming motto....

Swamp Thing was spectacular...was so looking forward to Blue Devil!

Didn't it get cancelled ? I remember watching the first 3 eps and thought it was uncharacteristically good at the time but wandered off and never finished it ... now is there a reason to take the time? I hate when they cancel things mid-cliffhanger. Seriously impressed Doom Patrol is still not cancelled!!
Post 653 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A new season of "Resident Alien" starts on SyFy tonight!!!! I'm pumped!! I love this show!!
Post 654 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
A new season of "Resident Alien" starts on SyFy tonight!!!! I'm pumped!! I love this show!!

Me too! DVR is all set so I can FF the commercials
Post 655 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Chucky season 2 starts October 5th!!! And Resident Alien, season 2, is off to a good start!!
Post 656 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Just finished Paper Girls and then Sandman - absolutely great - both of them - hope they are picked up for however many seasons they need to tell their stories!!

I started Sandman but switched over to Paper Girls. I'm finding it more entertaining. Interesting underlying plot for sure. I will switch back to Sandman soon.
Post 657 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Classic
Post 658 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Locke & Key S3 came out and I didn’t even know it. So I’m gonna binge on that. Just finished Sandman. I enjoyed it.
Post 659 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man 90s cartoon with the kids.

Great show.
Post 660 IP   flag post
Post 661 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 662 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 663 IP   flag post
Alien Abductions with Abby Hornacek
Post 664 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The Sandman.

Underwhelmed so far. Good enough to keep watching and reserve judgment.
Post 665 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

Watching this now! Also I'm not sure how I still haven't seen the newest Robocop (2014) with supporting actors like Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton, but maybe I'll give that a try later. Does anyone know if it's worth the watch?
Post 666 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders The remake is … sanitized for lack of a better word. But it’s probably worth a one-time watch due to the talent involved. Keaton is awesome as usual. I also liked Samuel L. Jackson’s bit part as a far right News commentator.
Post 667 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

Watching this now! Also I'm not sure how I still haven't seen the newest Robocop (2014) with supporting actors like Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton, but maybe I'll give that a try later. Does anyone know if it's worth the watch?

I remember seeing this at the drive in way back in 87'
Post 668 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That must've been awesome! I'm 40 and have yet to make it to a drive-in...one day.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That must've been awesome! I'm 40 and have yet to make it to a drive-in...one day.

Oh man, those were the days. I haven't been in 20+ years. They closed them here in Orlando. Toooooo stinking hot... lol...

But in the northern states, perfect...
Post 670 IP   flag post
Quote:
But in the northern states, perfect...

Yea I'll have to take a trip there one day and check the drive-in and a demolition derby off my bucket list.
Post 671 IP   flag post
Even today, the is still the scariest scene I've ever seen in film. When I was seven or eight my older brother used to turn the lights off at night, make the same errie, howling like sound as the toxic guy, and scare the living hell out of me. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs each time and crying...good times.

Post 672 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 673 IP   flag post
Post 674 IP   flag post
Post 675 IP   flag post
Post 676 IP   flag post
I'm on episode 4.

Post 677 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Even today, the is still the scariest scene I've ever seen in film. When I was seven or eight my older brother used to turn the lights off at night, make the same errie, howling like sound as the toxic guy, and scare the living hell out of me. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs each time and crying...good times.

Growing up in a religious home...this is the movie that scared the hell out of me. The first time I watched it I was probably 11 or 12 (parents were not aware I watched it)...terrifying in my opinion.

Post 678 IP   flag post
@GAC without my brother tramautizing me, I don't think it would be as scary to me, but it's still extremely terrifying.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC A piece of Exorcist trivia:
Right before the infamous crucifix scene the detective comes to talk to the mother and she places it on a table in the foyer. So while they are in the kitchen talking it’s implied that Regan sneaks downstairs to get it. Besides the spider walk scene you never actually see the possessed Regan outside the bedroom just the thought of it is super creepy.
Post 680 IP   flag post
601426 999 30