Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

What Are You Watching?: Part II16640

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Chucky Season 1
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:
Was at an Easter lunch with 4 generations. We put on Aerial America and watched episodes most of the afternoon (Arizona, Oregon, California, Utah). All 4 generations found it engaging.

Curious as to whether everyone was flying high on edibles for this lunch?

Unlikely. The ages were 12 to 94.

Ah! Perfect for a Legos playset day!
Post 352 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Batman. Paul Dano is about as bad as Riddler as Jesse Eisenberg was as Lex Luther but it didnt get too bad until he removed the mask and had more dialogue. The rest of the actors did really well in their roles.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Better Call Saul Season 6 started last night. Final season. I've personally liked Better Call Saul more than I liked Breaking Bad. And I liked Breaking Bad a lot.
Post 354 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The Batman.

Great movie, ending dragged a touch. Renewed hope for comic-based films. Pattinson nailed it too. Great dry humor, great tone. Wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.

9/10.
Post 355 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished batman and I was bored. It took a lot to not pick up my phone and just read the synopsis. The whole movie just seemed to drag on forever.
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting to see how polarizing ’The Batman’ is.

I’d say it’s probably my favorite Batman movie to date. 8/10.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I watched The Batman last night. Although it did drag a little, I told my son that this is the Batman I've e been waiting for my whole life to see. And how about Colin Farrell, WOW!!!

Post 358 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the minority regarding Moon Knight. Haven't enjoyed it a bit and gave up at the end of episode 2. Quit in the middle of 2, went back to finish and quit again. I just can't do the nebbish thing. Probably going to shift over to The Batman tonight.
Post 359 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I had originally planned on watching The Batman since it's free on HBO max right now but.... I saw another trailer for it and gave it a hell no and will probably never watch it.
I'd rather watch a marathon of Batman and Robin, Green Lantern, and paint drying.

Ended up watching Choose or Die on Netflix
Post 360 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
I remember our parents complaining about the grandkids losing the remotes. I always thought that was ridiculous. And now here I am watching 20 minutes of Spiderman end credits (again) because I can't find the damn remote. That 3rd gaffer was LEGIT! Mad props. Everybody needs a hero.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Have to agree. I know the hapless goofball is supposed to be fun, but I just find it irritating.

Quote:
I'm in the minority regarding Moon Knight. Haven't enjoyed it a bit and gave up at the end of episode 2. Quit in the middle of 2, went back to finish and quit again. I just can't do the nebbish thing. Probably going to shift over to The Batman tonight.
Post 362 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quit in the middle of 2

I struggled to get through Episode 3 but I'll be watching the 4th one tonight. I found Hawkeye far more enjoyable. Moon Knight needs far more action and better effects.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Moon Knight is getting worse by the episode. It's so bad I can almost identify with what Marc is going through in the final scene.
Post 364 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This is why I’d love to have quick references to what reviewers like vs dislike whenever I read a movie review.

The fact you enjoy watching paint dry or a marathon of Batman and Robin tells me you likely wouldn’t enjoy The Batman. So that is useful to know in case you ever watched the movie and left a review. Gives me some sense of how your preferences align (or don’t align) with mine.

My favorite movies likely don’t mesh with many others. Knowing this helps put my 9/10 for The Batman in context.

For example, I would never intentionally watch paint dry but I have been mesmerized once or twice by a pot of water coming to a boil. Those tiny bubbles!

For movies, a sampling of my faves include The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs, Taxi Driver, John Wick, No Country for Aged Men, There will be Blood, LOTR and early Guy Ritchie. Love Apocalypse Now too.

Thought Batman and Robin was awful. I don’t remember Green Lantern at all though vaguely recall having watched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
I had originally planned on watching The Batman since it's free on HBO max right now but.... I saw another trailer for it and gave it a hell no and will probably never watch it.
I'd rather watch a marathon of Batman and Robin, Green Lantern, and paint drying.

Ended up watching Choose or Die on Netflix
Post 365 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man 2. First time I've watched it since it was in the theater in 2004. Shit is still the goat.
Post 366 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I briefly checked out Samurai Rabbit on Netflix during the draft. It looks like it could be cool for my kid and I to watch.
Post 367 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Moon Knight is getting worse by the episode. It's so bad I can almost identify with what Marc is going through in the final scene.

I am by no means a Moon Knight expert or even casual fan (or the comics), it was just never a title I bought.

But isn't this whole series just a sort of "origin" story arc and the real meat of the thing won't show up until the next series ?

That's how I'm taking it, at least, that it's all just motivation-exposing backstory introduction type stuff.

I haven't seen the latest ep ... will watch it tonight.
Post 368 IP   flag post

Post 369 IP   flag post
Sonic 2

Post 370 IP   flag post
I finally watched Spider-Man No Way Home. Wow, that was really good!
Post 371 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched Tenet. Time travel…crazy stuff.
Post 372 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sonic 2

Hey was this any good ? For someone that didn't see the first one, never played any Sonic game on any platform, never watched the cartoon or read any Sonic comic and hates Jim Carey as a person but tolerates him in most acting roles?
Post 373 IP   flag post
@dfoster43 it has its moments. It could've been 20 minutes shorter but I enjoyed it. If you never played the games I'd probably skip the movies.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Quote:
@dfoster43 it has its moments. It could've been 20 minutes shorter but I enjoyed it. If you never played the games I'd probably skip the movies.

Ok. I mean, i like animation, i like stupid humor, i just don't have time for stuff that was written for 4-year olds so I was hoping it was sprinkled with , you know , mature humor. Not spicy mature, just funny mature .. but i get what you mean, context is everything.
Post 375 IP   flag post
Winning Time The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty
Post 376 IP   flag post
Peacekeeper, ep.4
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished Dr Strange 1 in prep for #2
Post 378 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Watched Doctor Strange 2 this morning. It was entertaining and should do well to throw the market in flux for a while.
Post 379 IP   flag post

I just finished binge-watching Peacemaker. Surprisingly, I liked it and now I'm looking forward to season 2.
Post 380 IP   flag post
601228 999 30