Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

What Are You Watching?: Part II16640

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished ‘Deep Water (2022) on HULU with Ben Affleck & the ever captivating Ana de Armas.

Not a bad slow burn of a movie, but it could have used another twist. I don’t think it has any real replay value.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Just finished episode 4 of “The Thing About Pam” on HULU. If you’re into true crime, definitely check it out. It’s basically a dark comedy take on a true story. Bonus, Keith Morrison from “Dateline” fame narrates. It’s great so far.

Two episodes left & they drop on Tuesdays.
Post 327 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Dallas cowboys cheerleaders I think

Holy cow are they still a thing? And they got a TV show??

The Dallas cheerleaders have never stopped "being a thing" actually. !

TLDR -- Bouncy Bouncy Pom Pom Shorts Boots Bouncy
Post 329 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Crabs!!! more than just a remnant of a night out!!

Post 330 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 331 IP   flag post
Grandma's Boy. This is one of my favorite comedies.
Post 332 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My VP of HR asked me to clone a copy of that DVD for him. Apparently some employee left it in their laptop....
Post 333 IP   flag post
I watched the Nicolas Cage movie, ‘Pig’ last night. I thought it was a an interesting character study. Do not go into it if you’re looking for a revenge film. I think the restaurant scene alone is worth seeing the movie.

I had ‘Kindergarten Cop’ on in the background today while bagging, boarding, & sorting books.

Then I watched ‘The Breakfast Club’. I hadn’t seen it in it’s entirety in years.

And I’m only two episodes into “Tokyo Vice” on HBO MAX & I’m hooked. Episode 2 dragged a little, but they’re setting things up so well, I don’t mind. It’s based on a true story after all.
Post 334 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
We’ve started watching Lois and Clark (90s) - I saw most episodes back in pre-streaming days but the show is “new” to my wife.

Remarkable how good writing, strong acting / chemistry and balanced narrative can overcome cheesy sfx.

At first it was a “filler” show to watch… but we really like it. It is a breath of fresh air compared to modern shows that either revel in abstract absurdity or take themselves comically seriously.

It is better than almost any comic book based TV series today.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Watched ‘The Clovehitch Killer’ (2018) on Netflix yesterday.

Basic set-up: A Teenaged boy begins to suspect his Dad is a serial killer. With an added layer of coming-of-age in a small town.

It was a slow burn, but never boring. The realism made it that much creepier at times.
Post 336 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 337 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The Kids In The Hall
Post 338 IP   flag post
Spider-Man: No Way Home

Good villains (well acted, no surprise), weak plot, some good action.

6.5/10 not bad
Post 339 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
6.5/10 not bad

That's a rough grade. See if it doesn't stick with you and cause you to change your assessment in a few days. It's kind of the Field of Dreams of superhero movies. The nostalgia effect hit me pretty hard, I would give it a 9. But I saw it in a theatre, with my daughter and wife who both loved it. Venue and co-viewers can affect ones assessment.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Was at an Easter lunch with 4 generations. We put on Aerial America and watched episodes most of the afternoon (Arizona, Oregon, California, Utah). All 4 generations found it engaging.
Post 341 IP   flag post
It was a fun movie and there was a bit of nostalgia helping get the 6.5… not from Garfield but from Tobey Maguire, William Dafoe and Alfred Molina.

I could never imagine watching it a second time. I know it was multi-versal but it was also as one-dimensional as films come.

Edit: movies are often very personal experiences. So while it didn’t resonate with me (or my wife, one generation behind me) I am sure it did with many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
6.5/10 not bad

That's a rough grade. See if it doesn't stick with you and cause you to change your assessment in a few days. It's kind of the Field of Dreams of superhero movies. The nostalgia effect hit me pretty hard, I would give it a 9. But I saw it in a theatre, with my daughter and wife who both loved it. Venue and co-viewers can affect ones assessment.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Quote:

6.5/10 not bad

I'd have to agree. After all the hype and waiting all this time to see it I was very disappointed in it merely being "acceptable."

It was great seeing the cameos, but where was the editor with all the spider MEN scenes? Was I the only one that thought it just DRAGGED ON and ON with all the sappy back-and-forth ? First 3rd of the movie 8/10, 2nd 3rd maybe a 7 or 7.5, last 3rd a 6 ... I can't do math but I think that adds up to an "Eh? Not bad."
Post 343 IP   flag post
Quote:
Was at an Easter lunch with 4 generations. We put on Aerial America and watched episodes most of the afternoon (Arizona, Oregon, California, Utah). All 4 generations found it engaging.

Curious as to whether everyone was flying high on edibles for this lunch?
Post 344 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I watched The Bubble on Netflix over the weekend. It had some funny parts, but was a bit too long. It would have been as good or better if the cut out 30 minutes of the movie. Overall, good, not great. I give it a B- or C+.
Post 345 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Unlikely. The ages were 12 to 94.
Post 346 IP   flag post
You nailed the cadence. I think it was a good movie. But just good. Not -very- good and far from home(run).

Quote:
Quote:

6.5/10 not bad

I'd have to agree. After all the hype and waiting all this time to see it I was very disappointed in it merely being "acceptable."

It was great seeing the cameos, but where was the editor with all the spider MEN scenes? Was I the only one that thought it just DRAGGED ON and ON with all the sappy back-and-forth ? First 3rd of the movie 8/10, 2nd 3rd maybe a 7 or 7.5, last 3rd a 6 ... I can't do math but I think that adds up to an "Eh? Not bad."
Post 347 IP   flag post
Quote:

I concur. I definitely found Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Verse far more enjoyable.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Man, I thought No Way Hone was a knockout. Easily 8/10 & my favorite of this trilogy.

But I did see it in IMAX near the end of its run. Had the whole theater to myself. That probably heightened the experience a bit.

It arrived last week in the mail. I’m eager to show it to my wife in the near future.
Post 349 IP   flag post
I doubt Sony is shedding any tears over my review and the $3.99 I added to their $1.9bn haul lol.

I will say the sound mixing was really good! 9/10
Post 350 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Chucky Season 1
Post 351 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unlikely. The ages were 12 to 94.

Ah! Perfect for a Legos playset day!
Post 352 IP   flag post
The Batman. Paul Dano is about as bad as Riddler as Jesse Eisenberg was as Lex Luther but it didnt get too bad until he removed the mask and had more dialogue. The rest of the actors did really well in their roles.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Better Call Saul Season 6 started last night. Final season. I've personally liked Better Call Saul more than I liked Breaking Bad. And I liked Breaking Bad a lot.
Post 354 IP   flag post
The Batman.

Great movie, ending dragged a touch. Renewed hope for comic-based films. Pattinson nailed it too. Great dry humor, great tone. Wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.

9/10.
Post 355 IP   flag post
600899 999 30