Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedSignatures

New Increased CGC Fees16612

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
CGC just raised their fees.

[url=https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9757/2022-cgc-fees/]Link[/ur
l]
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
they were all already expensive. probably why most now a days use cbcs. I think the cost of 1 comic getting grading excluding shipping was more then 1 comic at cbcs with shipping
Post 2 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, they're out to lunch. No way I would pay those prices
CBCS is doing it right. They will be the most used grading company before the end of this year.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Thus quote CGC...

"There are no price increases on trading card grading rates because those prices are already ridiculously stupid to begin with. We're just bringing comic grading prices up into that ridiculously stupid range for consistency."

Well... they didn't actually say that, I'm just reading between the lines.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
CGC just raised their fees.

[url=https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9757/2022-cgc-fees/]Link[/ur
l]

Post 5 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
So the CGC Wall Street ownership wants more $?

SHOCKER!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I was already on my way to using CGC solely for magazines (hoping to see the end of that one of these days...) and mail-in signings that I can't pass up. I think this pretty much clinches it.

Toodles, CGC. A big Bye-Bye to you and your exorbitant fees and cracked slabs and erroneously printed labels.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
As a swimming pool contractor I can tell you this, our prices on the pool equipment ie pumps, heaters control panels etc. we get price increases about every quarter. I just signed a contract for a pool/spa that I originally quoted 55k 3 years ago is now 78k. EVERYTHING has increased. Here in California Minimum wage is 15hr. Cost of being in business isn't cheap. So if you want your books graded it's just going to cost you more. Welcome to the new
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
If that $2 increase came with an increase in quality of the delivered product (their rushed given grades, damages, mistakes, etc...), then It'd be easier to accept that $2.

But methinks I will not be getting any of that with the $2 increase
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is dog shit anyway. Go with Midwest Comic Grading!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
As a swimming pool contractor I can tell you this, our prices on the pool equipment ie pumps, heaters control panels etc. we get price increases about every quarter. I just signed a contract for a pool/spa that I originally quoted 55k 3 years ago is now 78k. EVERYTHING has increased. Here in California Minimum wage is 15hr. Cost of being in business isn't cheap. So if you want your books graded it's just going to cost you more. Welcome to the new

You are absolutely correct, but I think there will be a difference between CGC's rising prices and waning QC and CBCS's eventual price increase. I suspect that we will get something in exchange for a price increase from CBCS. Maybe a magazine-sized slab or TATs starting to come down. Obviously, the increase will pay for those things And More, because this is a business that needs/wants to make a profit, but until I see different, I question whether my reward for paying higher prices at CBCS will be a dramatic increase in the number of faulty slabs I have to return.

PS: I have already had my First Returned CGC Slab of 2022, and the first week isn't even over (cracked slab).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Dude, why are you holding back? Let us know how you really feel!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just signed a contract for a pool/spa that I originally quoted 55k 3 years ago is now 78k.

@Batman66 $55K to $78K over 3 years is approximately 45%...that averages to about 13%-14% per year (compounded), but the majority of it coming in the last 18 months. Those are almost exactly the numbers I am dealing with also in my part of the home improvement business. And I think we got more price increases on Monday to start the new year.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Inflation
Supply Chain issues
Increased grading fees
Increased PO fees
Wages
Gas
Uncle Sam watching everything over $600
1/2 year+ TATs

More will be coming I'm quite sure.

The Gravy Train is over.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
CGC = charging more for gift grades.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

You are absolutely correct, but I think there will be a difference between CGC's rising prices and waning QC and CBCS's eventual price increase. I suspect that we will get something in exchange for a price increase from CBCS. Maybe a magazine-sized slab or TATs starting to come down. Obviously, the increase will pay for those things And More, because this is a business that needs/wants to make a profit, but until I see different, I question whether my reward for paying higher prices at CBCS will be a dramatic increase in the number of faulty slabs I have to return.

PS: I have already had my First Returned CGC Slab of 2022, and the first week isn't even over (cracked slab).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Dude, why are you holding back? Let us know how you really feel!!
im not a fan boy of cgc but both companies are not without their problems. I have 3 books I need to send back to cbcs. I had 2 ff6's graded at the same time and the labels are switched, the 2.5 is on the 4.0 and vise versa.the other is a Jim annual 1 that they encapsulated it with a tear folded back. It actually got snagged somehow and tore it more. It's a 3.0 so don't think it affected the grade any. I dragged the books to 2 cons because cgc and cbcs were supposed to be there and they no showed. I have an order I'm sending in to cbcs so eventually I'll get them shipped in.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
both companies are not without their problems.

Truth. CBCS currently has, by my count, 242 of my books dating all the way back to early May of last year through early November. With a few exceptions, I'm not expecting any of these to be returned before April of this year. That does not make me happy, and given the volume of books, I suspect I'll be sending a few back for various and sundry reasons. Not the most enjoyable thing to contemplate. However, is their track record better than CGC? I have sent 6 books back to CGC to get problems corrected, and I have yet to send one back to CBCS, though that will likely change once I start getting the books they currently have returned to me. So CBCS definitely has problems, but from my PoV, CGC happens to have more and expects us to pay more for the privilege of experiencing that. Not my cuppa tea.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Lord_Raiden private msg quote post Address this user
In addition to two price hikes,

Don’t forget CGC nukes the member discount as well, so another 10% hike
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Lord_Raiden You are not wrong. I understand that they've apparently spent some cashola on things and 'need' to raise prices/drop discounts to cover for it, but what I'm seeing for my money is a huge push for trading card grading, and guess what? Not my cuppa tea. I think I'll take my business to CBCS.
Post 20 IP   flag post
601252 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?