Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CBCS - Anyone Else Experience Horrible Customer Service?16608

Collector JoshuaFilm27 private msg quote post Address this user
In August, I received a CBCS submission back (a set of Stray Dogs #1-5, my favorite new comic). One of the labels incorrectly listed the book as issue #3 when it was actually #4 (see pic). For several months, I have called and emailed CBCS multiple times to get this issue fixed. None of my emails got a response. When I called, I would always get sent to a generic VM and never got a call back.

Finally in November, after hours of calling/emailing, I got someone on the phone. They apologized for the mistake and said I would get a package sent to me with return labels so I could send the book back to CBCS and get the label corrected. That package never came and I have once again called and emailed CBCS many times.

I find this inexcusable. I am not arguing a grade or asking for them to comp the grading fee (which they should), I just want them to give me what I paid for and fix this issue. It’s okay to make a mistake but to not correct it is a big problem.

I want to warn everyone about this and ask - has anyone else encountered these kind of issues with CBCS customer service? I don’t know what to do at this point…
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O @sborock error in encapsulation.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t remember if it was one of your threads or a similar thread, but the advice given then and in other instances was; send in the errors as a reholder with notation of the errors and why you have sent them in. They should be corrected and returned at no cost. This has solved issues in the past in instances of not getting ahold of someone.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@JoshuaFilm27 - Hey, thanks for the "warning". Nope, I haven't "encountered these kind of issues".
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
How would the shipping to and from be taken care of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I don’t remember if it was one of your threads or a similar thread, but the advice given then and in other instances was; send in the errors as a reholder with notation of the errors and why you have sent them in. They should be corrected and returned at no cost. This has solved issues in the past in instances of not getting ahold of someone.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Elvinv - If one were to send back in for re-label, CBCS would pay for the shipping back and could issue a credit for the shipping to them for use on future submission. Just put a notation on the packing list with the cost to be credited.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dartelum private msg quote post Address this user
When I had a spelling mistake on a label, I had to cover shipping to Dallas to reholder.

The word was Tongue. It was spelled Toungue originally.
Post 7 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartelum
When I had a spelling mistake on a label, I had to cover shipping to Dallas to reholder.

Out of curiosity, what was spelled incorrectly?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Customer service has always been good to me. I might be an outlier though.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

It was listed as issue #3 when it is actually issue #4.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

That's lame. They should cover shipping costs both ways and honestly, at least give some sort of partial refund.

I guess I'll just send it in but I feel unsafe doing that without talking to anyone from customer service about it...
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JoshuaFilm27 I personally recommend holding off on sending it in until they respond and confirm that they will fix it. Not that I doubt they would but I think it’s safer having the issue documented and their response in writing before sending a book in and hoping that they process the fix correctly.

Yes, it might be a while before they respond but so long as you have that email chain saved you have documentation that you tried to reach out during the time allotted for reporting issues.

Especially given how busy things are right now, I would confirm they would fix it but hold off on sending it in until the rush dies down, if possible, and include a printout of the email chain, highlighting the issue as well as their commitment to fix it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@JoshuaFilm27 I personally recommend holding off on sending it in until they respond and confirm that they will fix it. Not that I doubt they would but I think it’s safer having the issue documented and their response in writing before sending a book in and hoping that they process the fix correctly.

Yes, it might be a while before they respond but so long as you have that email chain saved you have documentation that you tried to reach out during the time allotted for reporting issues.

Especially given how busy things are right now, I would confirm they would fix it but hold off on sending it in until the rush dies down, if possible, and include a printout of the email chain, highlighting the issue as well as their commitment to fix it.

I agree. Thank you for your detailed response. The issue is I just can't get someone to respond and it's been months. It's just frustrating since I did pay for this service. I'll wait...
Post 13 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
wow....how do you miss the giant 4 on the cover....makes me worried theyll incorrectly label mine. its a virgin cover so all the information (series, issue #) is on the back. seeing how issue is a 1st appearance comic...but value difference with it and the issue before and after
Post 14 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaFilm27
Quote:
Quote:

I was asking dartelum per my quote
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don’t know what to do at this point…

You could fill out a submission form listing the reason for the return and send the book back in yourself.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@JoshuaFilm27 - Fill in a ReHolder Online submission, attach a notes regarding the Issue number error and the cost for you to ship back to them. Make sure your carrier has tracking info so you know your comic has been received.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector dartelum private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was asking dartelum per my quote

Edited my post for you.
Post 18 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Received in August... CS finally answered the phone in November... Then failed to follow through with their solution.

It's quite unfortunate the only help you can get is from randoms on an internet forum.

I'd like to think CBCS isn't ok with this, but we read it all the time.
Post 19 IP   flag post
601305 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?