Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeFor Sale

Some Keys & some Rarities part of 33 CBCS 9.6 - 9.8 Comics Auction!16607

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have quite an eclectic batch of Bronze, Copper, and older Modern comics in this SlabSmart portion of the MCS Prime Auction. Bids start and $1 and Nuke proof shipping starts at a very reasonable $7. Here is the direct link: Direct Auction Link

Please check them out, bid early and bid often!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
This comic presents at about a 9.6. If you look very, very closely at the lower left corner on the back, you can barely see what is observed with the following graders notes: "light 1/2" stain bottom left back cover"

Bid it, win it, send to cgc for higher grade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here are some a Minty First Issue Scores for Jack Kirby fans, with Art and Story assists by Todd McFarlane, Frank Miller, Steve Ditko, Terry Austin, Roy Thomas, and others.

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
Somehow, I missed putting #2 of 6 (Ghost Rider, Blaze Spirits of Vengeance into this auction, but not to worry, if you win the other 5, I allow that to be purchased at the lowest price of the other 5 in the auction.

Remember, If you win all 5 of these, I will set you up with a GR B SoV at the lowest price of the 5 auctions to complete the set!
Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post
Another 1st issue and Origin of 2 main Valiant characters to top it off!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice....
Post 8 IP   flag post
@IronMan - Thanks. But wait, there’s more!
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@IronMan - Thanks. But wait, there’s more!

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
So, here is one of the rarities. This comic (with Glow in the Dark cover) graded at 9.8 also has a higher grade than any of this issue in cgc census. I also stumped the CBCS forum in the
(Just for fun) ID this cover... thread. Currently stands with a bid of $10.

Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Here are some more relative rarities. Plasm 1&2 were already on the relative low side of print runs for their time. A look at the CBCS Population report & cgc census reflect relatively few graded in the 9.8 range. Then there is the 0.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Storyline wise this is not a KEY, however, in marked the 1st Crossover between Valiant and another publisher. In this case Dark Horse.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I vaguely remember doing some contest to try to win a Jasmine statue. (I don't recall who was doing the contest - CBG? Wizard? Maybe it was that contest that Peter David had to try to identify all everything in Maestro's trophy room?)

I kinda had a thing for Jasmine.

Didn't come close to winning, btw.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
This morning, I present Norrin Radd gracing two cosmic covers!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Some wonderful web-head anniversary issues included.

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
To finish off this wild bunch of comics… WildCATS #1

Post 22 IP   flag post
FYI, on these Midnight Sons series, Darkhold #1, Ghost Rider 31, Morbius #1, and Nightstalkers #1 all come with the original polybags and the Posters! No, the are not inside of the encasement but will be shipped together.

Quote:
Somehow, I missed putting #2 of 6 (Ghost Rider, Blaze Spirits of Vengeance into this auction, but not to worry, if you win the other 5, I allow that to be purchased at the lowest price of the other 5 in the auction.

Remember, If you win all 5 of these, I will set you up with a GR B SoV at the lowest price of the 5 auctions to complete the set!
Post 23 IP   flag post
With hours left, as the auction items start ending today at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern, there appears to be some great bargains at hand:

Qnty 2 Jack Kirby 9.6 & 9.8 graded comics are under $10!

Qnty 13 9.8 graded comics are currently between $10 - $20!

Qnty 5 9.8 graded comics are currently between $20 - $30!

There is even a Silver Surfer #50 9.6 at a $26 bid. Why do I mention that? Well graders notes reflect "production creases left back cover" which is barely perceptible with a magnifying glass. If this were graded by cgc, one would have a 9.8 (as they do not deduct for production creases) and a 3 figure comic.

Here is the direct link to the auctions:

Auction Link

Thanks and good luck if bidding!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Top seller in my auction, with a winning bid of $157….

Post 25 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator how much was it listed for before you put it in auction?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I have a White page 9.8 at 299.99 and a 9.6 at 97.99. Had a listing for 9.8 white sell for $320 via ebay/MCS store back in Sept.
Post 27 IP   flag post
597868 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?