Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

Blank Sketch Covers16600

Collector Jprez111 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy New Year!

I was thinking of sending in a blank sketch variant to a signature series event. Was curious how you guys who obtain sketches go about choosing the comic to get sketched etc.

Creator is Bagley and was trying to decide if it’s worth sending in a blank ASM, Carnage or Venom cover.

Thanks for any input!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
well he did co-create carnage. but had a great ASM run....which also had Venom moments
Post 2 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i have not tried it yet the sketch
but i have seen them and they look nice.
the only thing is if you send it in i would ask exactly what you want.
like if its venom face i am sure its a basic one that mark bagley draws over and over.

the big question is how much is the sketch

you might be able to grade 2 signed comics for the price of 1 sketch comic
Post 3 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i like what cbcs does with the artwork sketch

the artist draws a pieace and they verify it and enclose it in the holder.

that would make me as a collector invest more in a original art piece
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
never gotten a sketch (unless free....know of some but doubt theyd do covers) Venom might be easiest for him, even considering mouth...its just all black head with white blotch like eyes. carnage could be trickiest
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jprez111 I mostly try to choose a cover that best matches the subject to be illustrated.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jprez111 private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciate everyone’s thoughts. I thought it might be something different because I do plan on sending an ASM and Lethal Protector to be signed (and maybe remarque), but wasn’t sure if it made sense to do a blank cover, as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
any signings, sketches (you never know) and grading submissions do/plan at conventions. easier to keep track.
Post 8 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Bagley is a great guy. He even left a coffee stain as a gift on a sketch did for me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you know if sketches are part of the signing event? They aren't always included as signing events are typically on-offs (creator sits down during a day or two and just signs like mad).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user

This beauty was done by John Timms at Baltimore ComicCon.

I just find an artist that I really like who will actually commission sketches and ask them straight up (typically at conventions). For this to work though you will need to get to the convention early and be up front with the artist about your time frame. Otherwise you might be able to arrange for a grading company such as CBCS to grab it from the artist in your absence if you are planning on having it graded.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy -I got the Mico Suayan’s cup sweat ring from the table on the back cover -gave me a 7.0 bahahahaha

Post 12 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Mark Bagley is a great guy. He even left a coffee stain as a gift on a sketch did for me.

Lucky...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ARTisCOOL private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in Absolute Carnage #1 blank cover for the previous Mark Bagley/Sam de la Rosa signing. I asked Bagley to draw Carnage and de la Rosa to draw Scream. This is what I received:

Post 14 IP   flag post
598011 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?