Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

War Machine 1 Error Comic?16595

Collector Eclipse9665 private msg quote post Address this user
So I am preparing a new submission to CBCS and I found this newsstand copy of War Machine 1 which was messed up during production. The embossing of the cover and the foil are misplaced. Picture is at the end of this post.

From my understanding, books like Rogue #1 from 1995 are considered errors when they have no foil (because they were all supposed to be printed with foil).

This book however does have a variant where there is no foil or embossing of the cover. War Machine is simply on the cover in all white.

So my question is, if I send this in, would CBCS recognize this as an error variant? It is unique but to me it is not necessarily obvious that it is an error like the Rogue comic or the Spawn #1 issues that are printed without black ink.

To me this seems to be a bit of a grey area so I wanted to ask for your opinions as to whether or not CBCS would recognize this error.

I am also sending a Spider-Man Unlimited #1 double cover but that is an obvious error. I am just unsure about this book.

Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
When submitted put error foul not line up with emboss. They should note it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
error issues are worth more money. if you are sure, do as Zombie_Head said.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head @power_struggle55

Thank you for your input. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should label it as? When submitting I get 32 characters (including spaces) to put a description for the variant.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
ones I have seen. Just do what they did in the image in simular fashion. just say printing error and what
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse9665
@Zombie_Head @power_struggle55

Thank you for your input. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should label it as? When submitting I get 32 characters (including spaces) to put a description for the variant.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Error foil,emboss don’t lineup

CBCS will take it from there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Here is one I had done.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 @Zombie_Head

Thank you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector sckao private msg quote post Address this user
This book is similar to previous recognized industry error editions.

Post 9 IP   flag post
@sckao

Thank you for those examples.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Secret Defenders with a similar error.I love oddball books, miscuts, double covers, etc.

Post 11 IP   flag post
That’s awesome love errors
Post 12 IP   flag post
597875 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?