Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeSigning Opportunities

CGC George Perez Signing16561

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
Unfortunately got an email saying his signing event is cancelled. I wish him all the best and feel honored having met the man.

Yup..just got the same e-mail
Was lucky enough to meet him a few times over the years - just a great guy who seemed to genuinely care about his fans...not all creators are like that
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Surprised it took them that long, think they had already canceled it like a week or two ago due to his bad health.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
Unfortunately got an email saying his signing event is cancelled. I wish him all the best and feel honored having met the man.

I haven't gotten an email yet, but I saw an update from his family and was kind of expecting it.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Thought it was post-poned?? damn, oh well....
Post 54 IP   flag post
Just got the email, this is awful. I'll be sending the same book cbcs's way then
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Very sorry to hear. I wonder if they will offer an option of a blue Perez label where those proceeds could still go to he and his family? Was fortunate enough to meet him at Comicon back in 2000. Such a talented, gentle, humble man.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 57 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Very sorry to hear. I wonder if they will offer an option of a blue Perez label where those proceeds could still go to he and his family? Was fortunate enough to meet him at Comicon back in 2000. Such a talented, gentle, humble man.

they should offer a label in his honor and charge us extra and donate the cash.
if cbcs were able to do this i would love to send in comics.

lets one up cgc here and with all that mr perez has given us lets give back.

can cbcs offer a perez type label and make us pay say extra $10 and it goes to charity in his name
Post 58 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
or just start a charity in his name and we donate.
Post 59 IP   flag post
even if we donate what ever toys or comics or what ever we think can sell and send it down to cbcs and they organize the auction and all the cash goes to honor perez.
Post 60 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think the best way to honor him is to see if you can contact him or his family and ask how he would like to be represented whether he has an existing gofundme or charity. There is no way cbcs can generate labels without his consent, and given his health I wouldn't even approach him with that idea unless he has a dramatic improvement.

Edit

Here is his Facebook page. Someone by the name of constance recently posted on hos behalf.

https://m.facebook.com/TheGeorgePerez/
Post 61 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 I like this.
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'm a bit curious now about what will happen with my book as I also paid for pressing from CGC. They charged my card the $20 for it, so I assume it will be pressed before it is sent back to me.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent 3 books, 1 raw and 2 slabs. I heard they have a George Perez blue label that would be graded, maybe even just reholdered with the custom label. I think the proceeds would still go to George and his family. Probably the best case scenario.
Post 64 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Polygon: Marvel and DC to republish lost Justice League/Avengers crossover epic.
https://www.polygon.com/22936105/dc-marvel-crossover-justice-league-vs-avengers-comic-book-george-perez

Edit

The reprint of JLA/Avengers will run 288 pages, including 64 pages of extra content, reprinted introductions from Stan Lee and DC editor Julius Schwartz, and a new afterword by Kurt Busiek. This new limited edition reprinting will be limited to 7000 copies, with each book selling for $29.99. The book, distributed by Diamond, is expected to hit the shelves of participating comic shops in March
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
I sent 3 books, 1 raw and 2 slabs. I heard they have a George Perez blue label that would be graded, maybe even just reholdered with the custom label. I think the proceeds would still go to George and his family. Probably the best case scenario.

The email I received said I'd be getting my books back, so I'm not sure this will be a thing.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in four books for the signing, none slabbed, and got an e-mail last night saying the books were received into the system. I checked, and the full amount was charged for all four books. I did opt for the Perez custom labels, but I have yet to hear of any "options" I have for the books. Has anyone gotten that follow up e-mail yet?
Post 67 IP   flag post
I was charged the full amount and haven't heard anything yet, either, but I would imagine that they have a whole lot of customers to contact.

So @pandorasdad they just said they were sending your books back? No option to go ahead and have them slabbed at the standard rates?

I had mine pressed, so I'm not sure if that's already happened what that will mean.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector jayscomics private msg quote post Address this user
I did reach out asking if I can have my books transferred over to the Starlin Signing.
I had already invested over $100 one way shipping, so at the very least I want them graded, not returned raw.

This was their response.
Hey there!

Thank you for your correspondence.

We are methodically working through all invoices for George Perez. We will reach out to you with options when we get to your invoice. We ask for your patience until you receive the email from us with the options.

Thank You.

Take whatever meaning out of this you want.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscomics

I had already invested over $100 one way shipping, so at the very least I want them graded, not returned raw.

Yes, I didn't spend that much on shipping, being from the U.S., but it's sunk cost (as I imagine return shipping is as well). So if I have the option to just have the books pressed / graded as normal at the regular non-signature price I imagine I will proceed.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squack
I sent in four books for the signing, none slabbed, and got an e-mail last night saying the books were received into the system. I checked, and the full amount was charged for all four books. I did opt for the Perez custom labels, but I have yet to hear of any "options" I have for the books. Has anyone gotten that follow up e-mail yet?

I have and I opted for them to return my book. The only reason I sent it was for him to sign it.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squack

I have and I opted for them to return my book. The only reason I sent it was for him to sign it.

This was also my main reason. I paid $75 to ship them down, most of which was insurance. Best case scenario, I am out that money, but I can easily make up the difference and send the books in to CBCS and get the correct grade. I do not mind letting them grade the books without a signature, as there is no viable CBCS option for three of the four, but I can get Starlin to sign my DC Presents 26 and have CBCS grade it. I suppose I will just wait and see what they say before I make any decision, but they are mostly likely coming home raw.
Post 72 IP   flag post
you would think cgc would wait until the books were signed before billing the orders.

now you all have to hope they credit the charge cards in timely manner
and lets not forget they have to pack up the comics and ship them back.
which how they operate can be months.

and in good faith you think cgc would pay half the shipping cost back to the customers.
zero, nada
Post 73 IP   flag post
cgc could have asked the customers in good faith we are taking half your shipping cost and donating it to charity and they ship back the comics less the shipping cost.

shit i would even say donate $20 from my order to it.

cgc is so shitty its not even worth it
Post 74 IP   flag post
cgc a billion dollar company and they would never take 1 dollar out of there pockets for a good cause
Post 75 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Polygon: Marvel and DC to republish lost Justice League/Avengers crossover epic.
https://www.polygon.com/22936105/dc-marvel-crossover-justice-league-vs-avengers-comic-book-george-perez

Edit

The reprint of JLA/Avengers will run 288 pages, including 64 pages of extra content, reprinted introductions from Stan Lee and DC editor Julius Schwartz, and a new afterword by Kurt Busiek. This new limited edition reprinting will be limited to 7000 copies, with each book selling for $29.99. The book, distributed by Diamond, is expected to hit the shelves of participating comic shops in March

That’s awesome! I was able to snag the Absolute Edition for a steal a year or two ago but I’ll definitely double dip on this

EDIT: Ordered two copies! I’d been considering doing another custom bound book in the vein of my Marvel vs DC/Amalgam book collecting all the other Marvel/DC crossovers. I wasn’t going to include JLA/Avengers since there wasn’t a tpb and the indicidual issues are too expensive to chop up for such a project
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan

So @pandorasdad they just said they were sending your books back? No option to go ahead and have them slabbed at the standard rates?

I had mine pressed, so I'm not sure if that's already happened what that will mean.

I have already been charged for the pressing, but not the slabbing. The email I got, which I have to think was a form email, said that I would be contacted later about getting my book back, so I don't actually know what's going to happen. I'd love to have the book slabbed anyway with a blue Perez label and still give that money to his family.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

I'm leaning that way, too. But if I can get a blue Perez label and it still gets money to his family, I'd do it. That label would look real good on my comic wall.
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Semi-Related, Humble Bundle is doing a pay what you want ($10+) “F*CK Cancer” PC game bundle with 100% of the proceeds going to the Swedish Cancer Society
Post 79 IP   flag post
@Pandorasdad I would do it too but I kind of just want my book back.
Post 80 IP   flag post
616093 92 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?