Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeSigning Opportunities

CGC George Perez Signing16561

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
For me: shipping included.
CGC cost $160 (with $5 custom label)
CBCS cost $142

No shipping
CGC..press and grade 95
Clan..press and grade 130

I'll assume shipping is similar
If I do 3 books thats 105 savings

not sure about the custom lable...still a massive savings

The CGC shipping was FedEx $80 and CBCS/Clan was $46.

I didn't include Pressing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
1 comic, no Pressing

CGC

Clan/CBCS

Post 27 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
With the announcement that George may be dying his signature comics are inflating. I see nothing cheap on eBay.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow shipping to Canada is crazy expensive...
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Bronte So true!! its nuts!!....and that's US $ not CDN lol!
Post 30 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch. So sorry dude
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I got 2 places that can help you out for cheaper. Big country comics operates out of new brunswick and is sending in for the cgc signature event and charging 120 per book. Captcan in ontario is doing the event but with the custom labels and charging 135 plus tax which end up being 150. if you want to send in with big country let me know and i can hook you up with the facebook group for the send in.(canadian prices)
Post 32 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I think i need to pass...already have signed books and signed/graded etc...no need to inflate the xmas bills

10 of the 12 crisis books are CPV and all double signed - most in the 8 to 8.5 range (got the crappy copies signed!)

Sold my signed WW#1 9.8 CBCS when the WW movie flopped - have another potential 9.8 but no need to get it signed? also have a 9.6 TT #44 and a potential 9.? TT#44 news stand

only a few head sketches
Post 33 IP   flag post
but...if I create a FedEx account I can use that and get discounts in the first 6 months?

a few more sleeps on this to figure what to do...maybe only 2 books?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector DJJK private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the mid 80's I got George Perez to sign my 2 sets of Crisis on Infinite Earths 1-12, but this was on the splash page inside the cover, usually next to his credit. That's because artists/writers didn't want to mess up the beautiful cover art by scribbling their signature all over it. And there was no such thing as a slab.

I feel it would be such a shame to seal away his signatures inside a slab, never to be seen, just to get the signature certified and graded.

Do you think it would be better to use CBCS grading only service (without the slab) along with signature verification? Or better to just keep it raw?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Personally I had a book signed by kirby and 2 other individuals. I have a photo of the signatures and I slabbed the book. No regrets. If I ever want to look at signatures I have pix.... meanwhile the books are far better protected than I could have done with bags and a backing board...
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
RE shipping.charges....have you tried Pirate Ship?? My costs have been cut in half...Anything under 20 lbs,,the rate is based on the size of the package.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
These are some of the sketch covers my son's collection. George drew the Vigilante (lower right) about 5+- years ago at a Con for my son and I when we met him.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
So, here are the books I’m sending.

I think NTT is probably worth pressing? It does have like 5 or 6 spine ticks (I bought it new at Clint’s in KC when I was 9). There are a few bends and waves I think might benefit?

The Infinity Gauntlet I bought 3 or 4 years ago at my LCS for $20, as I was mainly a DC guy at the time it was published and only read the trade. It doesn’t have any spine breaking tics, but does have some bends.

Now, these are PC long-term holds for me, not flips. Trying to enjoy my PC now and leave something for my wife.

So, is it worth pressing these books? Or just submit for the signing as is?
Post 39 IP   flag post
@KCBatmanFan

In my opinion, you pay for the pressing for piece of mind. There are no, "what if I had done this?" type questions. Plus if the book ever does leave your possession, say you die and your heirs need to sell, it would be best if the book was highest grade possible to get as much for it as they can. Funeral expenses are crazy high. It cost almost 10k for a middle road casket and service. Trying to recoup a bit from selling valuables helps even if it is just a little bit.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
i picked up a infinity gauntlet 1 that hopefully shows up i time to send for pressing and cleaning at the place i'm sending in(they want them by the 14th) and i got a dc comics presents 26. hopefully sending both in if not it may just be the dc comics presents and infinite crisis 5?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Creamation lol
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
1 comic, no Pressing

CGC

Clan/CBCS

Yeah, mine was $123 for 1 comic with pressing.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite 'Team' artist.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to find an infinity gauntlet 1 on ebay for this and prices are just ridiculous lol. Hoping to find one and get it in...from what I read it was mostly to support his family once he's gone so it's definitely worth it on both sides.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector ARTisCOOL private msg quote post Address this user
I got my first Perez signature from last year’s CGC signing event but will be sending in another book to help out his family.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user

Just finished packing mine up over lunch. Went with my initial 2 thoughts (Infinity War 1, NTT 2).

With pressing, Perez label, and USPS fully insured shipping was $239. Wish I could have
done a couple of more, but that’s all I could budget right now.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I just remembered the other 3 comics I sent! lol. Avengers 195 & 196 and New Teen Titans #26 first Terra. My NTT 2 and 44 were already signed & slabbed by him as one UXM with his cover art.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s what I’m sending

I know the teen titans meets the uncanny X-men wasn’t done by him but I’m feeling like it’s kinda of a Stan Lee type comic for him.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately got an email saying his signing event is cancelled. I wish him all the best and feel honored having met the man.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
Unfortunately got an email saying his signing event is cancelled. I wish him all the best and feel honored having met the man.

Yup..just got the same e-mail
Was lucky enough to meet him a few times over the years - just a great guy who seemed to genuinely care about his fans...not all creators are like that
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Surprised it took them that long, think they had already canceled it like a week or two ago due to his bad health.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave

I haven't gotten an email yet, but I saw an update from his family and was kind of expecting it.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Thought it was post-poned?? damn, oh well....
Post 54 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the email, this is awful. I'll be sending the same book cbcs's way then
Post 55 IP   flag post
600871 92 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?