Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeSigning Opportunities

CGC George Perez Signing16561

Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
What would be your choices for the final Perez (really sad to type that) signing?

I’m thinking Infinity Gauntlet 1 and New Teen Titans 2.

I have the COIE slipcase collection already signed for me by Perez and Wolfman so that’s my main reason for not doing COIE 1. Wonder Woman 1 is iconic, also, but I think I feel more strongly about my first 2.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Great choices! First appearance of taskmaster?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

no brainer for me, I have a couple of astonishing tales 25, his first work. Would love for him to sign them. I was surprised he is doing any signings with his health, I thought I missed the boat
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I have sent astonishing tales 25, dc comics presents, and 3 more that I can't recall atm
Post 4 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i just got back from the last perez cgc a
new teen titans 1

i still cant get over his sad news.

to me he is jack kirby
Post 5 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

no brainer for me, I have a couple of astonishing tales 25, his first work. Would love for him to sign them. I was surprised he is doing any signings with his health, I thought I missed the boat

i have a double signed perez/buckler on this comic
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My 2 TT #1 (news stand) and 2 TT#2 are both with CBCS right now
Still have a direct TT#1 and WW#1 and others that I could send - maybe Marvel Fanfare 10 or 11, Crisis books??
Maybe 1 of my Tales of the TT #44's?

The CGC option is much cheaper than the Clan option (especially with pressing)

Already have signed Gauntlet and DC Presents
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Avengers 161!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
And I will always have these. I got them for 5 bucks each at a comic con in Corpus Christi, Texas back in 1979.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

Got these at a con Perez would draw them right in front of you. He’s a great guy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Fads89 @Zombie_Head those are awesome. I use to go to San Diego comic con back in the late 80's and last one was '92. I just went for the comics, never ventured into the artist alley and met the legends. Looking back, such a massive missed opportunity.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
not to rain on the other guys but clan macdonald has perez too. I have a cbcs 9.0 infinity gauntlet sign by starlin. Anyone know what to do to send slab and keep my yellow label,n maybe get press (forgot last time)Never sent a slab B4
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
not to rain on the other guys but clan macdonald has perez too. I have a cbcs 9.0 infinity gauntlet sign by starlin. Anyone know what to do to send slab and keep my yellow label,n maybe get press (forgot last time)Never sent a slab B4

Clan McDonald is $20 more for yellow label (no shade, they have to make their money too).

But if you want to keep your yellow label, just send the slab in as is, they’ll charge you five bucks to crack it and you’ll get yellow label for both sigs. You can have it pressed as well. clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

That Iron Man is FREAKING AMAZING!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KCBatmanFan

Does CGC honor CBCS yellow labels? Especially authenticated ones? I would think that would be a no because they don't authenticare signatures. However, that is an assumption, I do not know.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
For me: shipping included.
CGC cost $160 (with $5 custom label)
CBCS cost $142
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KCBatmanFan

Does CGC honor CBCS yellow labels? Especially authenticated ones? I would think that would be a no because they don't authenticare signatures. However, that is an assumption, I do not know.

Sorry - I overlooked his was a CBCS label. My mistake, but thanks for being polite. That’s why I love this board.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980

to me he is jack kirby

I feel the same way.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I need to go through some short boxes and find the right books. So many classic covers. My lack of organization always makes this extra fun.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
kool Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee

Clan McDonald is $20 more for yellow label (no shade, they have to make their money too).

But if you want to keep your yellow label, just send the slab in as is, they’ll charge you five bucks to crack it and you’ll get yellow label for both sigs. You can have it pressed as well. clickable text
@KCBatmanFan thanks
Post 21 IP   flag post
I live in a town (between BIG cities) where I get only crappy comic conventions & no big names, so my luck to ever encounter George Perez was always RARE! Over the past 30 years NO Perez sightings! It sucks being so close yet so FAR AWAY!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I had him sign this for me I believe in 2013.I should have cleaned and pressed it. I impulsively sent it in at a show a few years ago. This one will stay in the PC.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
CBCS cost $142

No shipping
CGC..press and grade 95
Clan..press and grade 130

I'll assume shipping is similar
If I do 3 books thats 105 savings

not sure about the custom lable...still a massive savings
Post 24 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
CBCS cost $142

No shipping
CGC..press and grade 95
Clan..press and grade 130

I'll assume shipping is similar
If I do 3 books thats 105 savings

not sure about the custom lable...still a massive savings

The CGC shipping was FedEx $80 and CBCS/Clan was $46.

I didn't include Pressing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
1 comic, no Pressing

CGC

Clan/CBCS

Post 27 IP   flag post
With the announcement that George may be dying his signature comics are inflating. I see nothing cheap on eBay.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow shipping to Canada is crazy expensive...
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Bronte So true!! its nuts!!....and that's US $ not CDN lol!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601328 92 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?