Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeSigning Opportunities

CGC George Perez Signing16561

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Polygon: Marvel and DC to republish lost Justice League/Avengers crossover epic.
https://www.polygon.com/22936105/dc-marvel-crossover-justice-league-vs-avengers-comic-book-george-perez

Edit

The reprint of JLA/Avengers will run 288 pages, including 64 pages of extra content, reprinted introductions from Stan Lee and DC editor Julius Schwartz, and a new afterword by Kurt Busiek. This new limited edition reprinting will be limited to 7000 copies, with each book selling for $29.99. The book, distributed by Diamond, is expected to hit the shelves of participating comic shops in March

That’s awesome! I was able to snag the Absolute Edition for a steal a year or two ago but I’ll definitely double dip on this

EDIT: Ordered two copies! I’d been considering doing another custom bound book in the vein of my Marvel vs DC/Amalgam book collecting all the other Marvel/DC crossovers. I wasn’t going to include JLA/Avengers since there wasn’t a tpb and the indicidual issues are too expensive to chop up for such a project
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan

So @pandorasdad they just said they were sending your books back? No option to go ahead and have them slabbed at the standard rates?

I had mine pressed, so I'm not sure if that's already happened what that will mean.

I have already been charged for the pressing, but not the slabbing. The email I got, which I have to think was a form email, said that I would be contacted later about getting my book back, so I don't actually know what's going to happen. I'd love to have the book slabbed anyway with a blue Perez label and still give that money to his family.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Pandorasdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

I have and I opted for them to return my book. The only reason I sent it was for him to sign it.

I'm leaning that way, too. But if I can get a blue Perez label and it still gets money to his family, I'd do it. That label would look real good on my comic wall.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Semi-Related, Humble Bundle is doing a pay what you want ($10+) “F*CK Cancer” PC game bundle with 100% of the proceeds going to the Swedish Cancer Society
Post 79 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Pandorasdad I would do it too but I kind of just want my book back.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Idk if that's selfish or not. I was torn on what to do.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Saw a post on Twitter he posted today. Got a nice shave and haircut. Had a huge smile on his face. Bless this man for being so positive.
Post 82 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Polygon: Marvel and DC to republish lost Justice League/Avengers crossover epic.
https://www.polygon.com/22936105/dc-marvel-crossover-justice-league-vs-avengers-comic-book-george-perez

Edit

The reprint of JLA/Avengers will run 288 pages, including 64 pages of extra content, reprinted introductions from Stan Lee and DC editor Julius Schwartz, and a new afterword by Kurt Busiek. This new limited edition reprinting will be limited to 7000 copies, with each book selling for $29.99. The book, distributed by Diamond, is expected to hit the shelves of participating comic shops in March

Man this book is crazy on ebay
Post 83 IP   flag post
@Bronte Just saw that. I bought two copies so I could cut one up for a custom bind but not sure I can do that anymore.

I’ll have to check what the original TPB is going for now

EDIT: Well looks like there are far fewer copies of the original (hence the need for a reprint in the first place, I guess) and the asking price for those are just as high as the new edition
Post 84 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

The book is at or slightly above 200$ for a copy now. So yeah, I'd avoid chopping it up if I were you. But to each their own.

=)
Post 85 IP   flag post
@Bronte It’d be a heck of a power move, though!

Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Got my email asking about preference Friday and went ahead with the two books with the blue Perez label.

Saw a FB post that Mr. Perez is at Disney World (wheelchair bound) Hope he’s having a ball and getting the ultimate VIP experience.
Post 87 IP   flag post
@Bronte Looks like I spoke too soon -_- The shop apparently cancelled all pre-orders for the book. Not sure if they were taking pre-orders without knowing how many copies they would be receiving or if their shipment was cancelled or what but I am now empty-handed ☹️
Post 88 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

That sux. I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when they cancel after the book sky rockets in value....
Post 89 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have the original hardcover with this nice sketch in it......pretty sure this stays in the PC forever though

Post 90 IP   flag post
Wow.
Very nice batman.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I have the original hardcover with this nice sketch in it......pretty sure this stays in the PC forever though

Wow, nothing of that level but he did sign my Crisis hardcover at SDCC 2001.

Post 92 IP   flag post
598060 92 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?