CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL FootballPop Culture

John Madden passes away at 85 - RIP16550

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
NFL Legend John Madden passed away Tuesday Morning at 85 Years old
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
A legend. Always had a good laugh during his broadcast days with Pat Summerall.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
RIP
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
RIP. Enjoyed his commentary so much. Especially his Thansgiving Day games.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I loved his live game reporting!! He was incredible. There has been no sportscaster that has even come close to him!!! RIP Mr. Madden!!! Thanks for all you did.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user
Loved how excited he would get about the mvp Turkey leg awards. It became and still is the game to watch on Thanksgiving even after he retired.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
next year they should honor him for Madden 2023. Have him be the cover (first time in a long time)
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Sad to hear. I watched the documentary that aired on Christmas Day and grew up listening to him announcing and playing his EA Sports video games on Sega Genesis. The games today aren't the same without him. He will be missed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched the "All Madden" special.

There you are, sitting around enjoying the afterlife and then all of a sudden BOOM, there's John Madden right there next to ya with that big smile and ya think, okay today's gonna be one of those good days.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
This is sad news.

I've been watching football since the early 70's. When John became a sports commentator, I always felt that he and Pat Summeral were the ultimate team.

And I loved his interjections....

BOOM!
DOINK!
Post 10 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
John Madden gave us football commentary from an Offensive Lineman's perspective. The ultimate team players. Guys who never touch the football, rarely get the recognition but get great satisfaction from doing their job on behalf of the team and protecting their teammates. Very few kids grow up dreaming of being the Offensive Lineman...but certain personalities fall in love with it. I think it's perfectly fitting that the guy who gets credited with having the greatest overall impact on the game of football was an Offensive Lineman with a large and endearing personality. R.I.P.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
A great coach and great commentator. Rest In Peace Coach.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
You know you've made it when they name a video game after you. RIP
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
He had a personality and a presence larger than life, and you could feel how passionate he was about the game he loved. Unforgettable and un-replaceable, he left his imprint on the game of football. How many people can say that?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
As a lifelong fan of the silver and black aka the Raidersssss he will be missed. John was a great coach
Post 16 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
You know you've made it when they name a video game after you. RIP

and its the only football game (well unless you count european soccer). I think he should be cover person (like old school ones on next edition. have some Madden related modes, maybe opt to bring back madden's old commentary for certain things
Post 17 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
great times !
Post 18 IP   flag post
597868 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?