Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

SMH!!! CGC graded "invisible comics".16549

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Only people who were smart and the most excellent could actually see the magic cloth. People who were not smart and not excellent – well, they would see nothing at all. Soon, word reached the Emperor about these two weavers and their fine cloth.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Invisible woman variant?
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Only people who were smart and the most excellent could actually see the magic cloth. People who were not smart and not excellent – well, they would see nothing at all. Soon, word reached the Emperor about these two weavers and their fine cloth.

Be careful. Those weavers weave 9.4s, 9.6s, and 9.8s as well. On special occasions, they also weave 9.9s and 10s.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Be careful. Those weavers weave 9.4s, 9.6s, and 9.8s as well. On special occasions, they also weave 9.9s and 10s.

That will be the true sign of the apocalypse...when we see higher grades selling for larger amounts of money.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
that would go great with my invisible editions of Action comics #1, Amazing Fantasy #15, and Detective Comics #27
Post 30 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 I have invisible Showcase #22, FF #1 and Superman #1. Wanna Trade?
Post 31 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
My invisible wife wants me to get rid of my invisible comics.
Post 32 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
My invisible wife wants me to get rid of my invisible comics.

?
Post 33 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@power_struggle55 I have invisible Showcase #22, FF #1 and Superman #1. Wanna Trade?

nah have them....somewhere.....I just cant seem to find them. shouldve never mixed them up with my box of other lesser valuable invisible comics.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
What a stupid idea. This may be the beginning of the end.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
What a stupid idea. This may be the beginning of the end.

Your right. It kind of a new trend...the invisible shark jump.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Apologies to Alexander Pope: To err may be human, but grading air is pretty unforgivable.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Devils advocate??

Lets say that this is an art piece (my own father was an abstract artist - painter though) - call this "comic" Dadaism??

: dada: a : a movement in art and literature based on deliberate irrationality and negation of traditional artistic values …seems to fit the bill

Conceptually it raises some great questions about the nature of reality and of grading/encapsulating comics - are we buying the book or the grade- if it's a book you can never read does it matter if it's "invisible"??
Is beauty in the eye of the beholder? if you own this and think it's beautiful who are we to disagree - or...will someone buy it simply since it's ultra limited which again raises questions around comics/grading in general - is a variant really worth anything when the story inside is bereft of any meaning or significance (as it relates to comics) - why not just buy a signed and #'d limited print?

Heck - people buy can's of air from around the world!

As an actual comic/collectable minus several thousand....as an art piece..well...not exactly original

Pretty good to get a grading company to participate in an art experiment that that really questions the concept of a grading company though.

Most egregiously it's just poor art - if art was the goal

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/italian-artist-auctioned-off-invisible-sculpture-18300-literally-made-nothing-1976181

Post 39 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Free idea to someone - make an embossed comic out of fruit leather - slab that puppy and make a mint $$
Post 40 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Question: Would it change the nuance/theme/meaning of the art piece if it had a custom label???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Free idea to someone - make an embossed comic out of fruit leather - slab that puppy and make a mint $$
No no, make an embossed comic on meat, then slab it and call it the Lady Gaga Special.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
Did they at least come up with a signature edition? Who from CGC verified the signature?
Post 42 IP   flag post
597868 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?