Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor Sale

19 Comics up for Sale in MCS Auction ending Monday Jan. 3rd.16548

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have 19 Marvel, Valiant, Image, Dark Horse and Topps comics in this auction. Here is the direct link:

Direct link to Scifinators SlabSmart MCS auction!

MCS Nuke proof shipping starts at a very reasonable $7.

Thanks for checking them out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
First comic up is 1963: Horus Lord of Light #5 Ashcan / Hero Premiere Edition #6 with a current bid of $8

Post 2 IP   flag post
First Issue and 1st Appearance of Black Axe

Post 3 IP   flag post
With a current bid of $1, this 7.5 presents at a 9.6-9.8 level but for the missing coupon inside.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Another comic that presents at a 9.6 - 9.8 but is missing coupon inside, so 7.5 it is. Current bid is at $1.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I present to you…Dark Horse Presents #69 coming in with a current bid of $3.

Post 6 IP   flag post
All the way from the UK, Death's Head II #5 coming in with at current bid of $5

Post 7 IP   flag post
Additionally, there are a pair of Deathmate Prologue and Red (Image / Valiant crossover) with $1 and $4 respective current bids.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Since I mentioned Valiant in the last post, here is the start of the Valiant titles in this auction. With a current bid of $4...

Post 9 IP   flag post
Continuing with the Valiant theme, coming in with a current bid of $16...

Post 10 IP   flag post
Now let's pivot over to Topps with the OG strongman...Hercules! Current bid $8!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Hail to the King! Coming in with a current bid of $16 and $1 respctively:

The Secret City Saga presents at a 9.6 - 9.8 externally, however, with the coupon missing inside it gets a 7.5 grade.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
That "missing coupon" deal is dumb. Just grade the book and mark the holder MISSING COUPON. The coupon is not important to the story or art. OR, they could do it like they do double covers:

Comic grade: 9.8
Overall grade: 7.5 (missing coupon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Hail to the King! Coming in with a current bid of $16 and $1 respctively:

The Secret City Saga presents at a 9.6 - 9.8 externally, however, with the coupon missing inside it gets a 7.5 grade.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Another Dark Horse entry and coming in with a current bid of $14…the 1St print edition of Next Men. I loved the series surprised it hasn’t garnered more fans.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Rolling in the New Year with another Dark Horse entry of Predator:Race War 0 and a current bid of $10!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Now, to some somewhat but not so offbeat offering with a current bid of $15, the Barry Windsor-Smith Rune / Wrath flipbook Ashcan!

Post 16 IP   flag post
Valiantly coming out of the shadows is Shaodowman #’s 8 & 10 with current bids of $15 & $14 respectively:

Post 17 IP   flag post
And the last of this week’s auction items is Valiant Reader #1 with a current bid of $14!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Tonights auctions start ending just after 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern. Current bids on the 19 comics range from $7 to $21 so there may be some really good bargains to be had.

Here is the direct link to the auctions:

Auction Link
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
May I add, this auction is ending right after a holiday weekend. History has shown that there are deals to be had in MCS auctions that follow a holiday weekend. Good for buyers, not so great for sellers.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - I went ahead and allowed for these to go into auction as a play on supply chain issues and people possibly not getting together for Christmas and Hanukkah due to the fear being created by media coverage of the latest variant in the pandemic. My thinking is, perhaps there was more cash and gift cards being handed out. Was obviously not going to put up 9.8's or keys and if I lose money, well, that will offset future gains.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
It's 5:15 on the West Coast. All the Bud Root print auctions are over...let the comic book auction commence!

Auction link:
https://www.mycomicshop.com/auctions?agid=524
Post 22 IP   flag post
600486 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?