Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureToys

4 FOOT BVS BATCAVE IDEAS1654

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
So, I bit the bullet and ordered the new 4 foot Batcave from WalMart. It was on sale for $88 shipped and I just had to do it. I've been wanting a large playset for years now!! I grew up with Guns of the Navarone, Snake Mountain, miles of Hot Wheels tracks and numerous Western and Army pieces. Anyway, I'm not a DC fan and they don't make a ton of figures in 6" anyway. So, I decided that with some paint and modelers putty, I can make it a more generic "evil villain" lair. So, I'm looking for ideas. I'm thinking either Marvel Legends or McFarlane's Spawn action figure lines. The scale is 1/12 and they make some awesome accessories in that scale - like weapons and comic books!! I can actually afford an AF 15 ($5.00 shipped on eBay)!! Anyway, I'm open to ideas and thoughts on this and just thought I'd throw it out there before I get too far. What do you think ... Spawn or Marvel?? Or do you know of any other 6" line?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I may not have any creative Ideas, but things like Instamorph and Warbla would add to the scope of things you could create. Warbla could be heat applied to the playset and scarred up all you want!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I've not heard of either one. I'd LOVE to customize it!! I'm leaning more towards McFarlane action figures right now and I kind of want to make this look dark and creepy. Sounds like those products would help that. I'll look into them. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TyrantK private msg quote post Address this user
First thing that comes to mind is marvel - could potentially craft Xavier's school as there are tons of different rooms in that school that you could model after.

I love spawn as well - could go with spawn on top and the varying levels could be of hell with different players from the comic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You could have an entire background diorama set made out of styrofoam backing and paint. Check this out:

Post 5 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Dude, those are amazing. Did you make those?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Those are amazing!! I have done some styrofoam backgrounds and dioramas for fish aquariums and I've given it some thought for this project. One thing that occurred to me in my searching is that McFarlane also has a monster line that would make a cool Halloween display if I approach this right. I plan on having be an everchanging display, but I'm leaning more to horror than superheroes right now. But I also like the Xavier School approach. I might just make the cave more neutral now - getting rid of the blue elevator shaft and green jail door are FIRST on the list!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I did not make them. There's a toy sculptor who sells these on ebay.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I can make something similar if you are interested. Right now I am currently working on 3 commissions for custom unreleased prototype ninja turtle figures with packaging and foam inserts. I am accidentally falling into this type of work full time it seems.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Would be killer but I have no idea what I would have made. The only figures I have unboxed are Carnage and Juggernaut.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I appreciate the offer, but one of the reasons I bought it was to have a project. It actually arrived yesterday and I've already begun. I have one coat of black on the elevator shaft. Thankfully, model paints seem to be working well on the hard plastic. Unfortunately, that is not the case on the green cage. Thankfully, I can add that at anytime, so I'll put that off for now. I also made a platform for the front of the elevator. It is actually a lever that you push to move the elevator between floors. The problem was that it is in the shape of a bat. I found a great store for 1/12 scale items. I wanna get some scale lumber and bricks to build different things already!! Plus, I gotta get some of that instamorph!! That looks like the answer to a lot of things!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
That's totally awesome brah! Take any pics? Get any type of air dry clay and you can paint with acrylic or enamel paint and then coat it with a clear coat sealer.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I haven't taken any pictures yet. I will once I have it all done. The problem I have with air dry clay is that I tend to leave it out and the whole bunch goes hard!!! LOL
Post 13 IP   flag post
600782 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?