Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeFor Sale

“Name your Price” yearend SALE!16531

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Yes, name your price! Go to The SlabSmart MCS store look through my 1200 listings. Don’t like the price? Come back here to the CBCS Forum and either PM me or post your price in this thread. You may be surprised, as I am very serious about providing lower prices to CBCS forum members as opposed to other potential buyers.

Direct link to listings
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Free
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - that’s Sit & Sleep. Wrong commercial.

For context to those non-SoCal residents - Your Mattress is FREE lawsuit
Post 3 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I'm browsing @Scifinator...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Also, i want to provide further clarification. The reason i want CBCS forum members to come back here and PM me or post to thread is that most of my listings do not have the offer feature turned on. And, those that do, i likely will refuse lower offers that come directly through MCS if I haven’t first corresponded with a forum member.

The key, if I accept hour your price i will go into my MCS listing and either adjust or add the offer option to the listing so you can make the purchase.

Cheers and happy hunting.

“Name your Price”!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
Great selection. My only question is how CGC got fooled with that "signature"? It's laughable! I've seen a ton of Jim's sigs and I even just googled it also. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

Yes, name your price! Go to The SlabSmart MCS store look through my 1200 listings. Don’t like the price? Come back here to the CBCS Forum and either PM me or post your price in this thread. You may be surprised, as I am very serious about providing lower prices to CBCS forum members as opposed to other potential buyers.

Direct link to listings

Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
Great selection. My only question is how CGC got fooled with that "signature"? It's laughable! I've seen a ton of Jim's sigs and I even just googled it also. Am I missing something?

It's a witnessed signature. Maybe Starlin had a doppelganger fill in for him at the booth that day?

@Scifinator I noticed that they have at least 4 or 5 of your cbcs books entered as cgc. When I click on your link and click on "cgc" about half of the first 10 are cbcs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FuneralBill5150 - Yup, as EbayMafia pointed out, it was a witnessed signing. On occasion, but very, very rarely, Jim Starlin has printed his name as opposed to hand writing it. Thus, this is by its very nature, a rare piece.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Pm sent
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@FuneralBill5150 - Yup, as EbayMafia pointed out, it was a witnessed signing. On occasion, but very, very rarely, Jim Starlin has printed his name as opposed to hand writing it. Thus, this is by its very nature, a rare piece.

I met Jim Starlin (and Joe Statton, Ron Wilson, and Keith Pollard) at the 2017 Will Eisner Award Banquet. As we shook hands he apologized for his lack of grip because he "recently injured them". It might be related to that since this was signed later in 2016.

Feeling like a microbe, I said if I had known, I never would have extended my hand

Post 10 IP   flag post
@Siggy - cool story. And, I might add, looking at your pic, with the person to Starlin's left (our right) having a black sleeve and the placement, makes it look like Starlin has two right hands.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I wondered if someone would mention that.

Post 12 IP   flag post
600682 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?