Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Custom CBCS Stuart Sayger labels16481

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

AH HA! So you admit you do Love them! I knew you were holding back......


Gosh darn it! Now Im out of here
Post 51 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@DrWatson

AH hA! So you do Love them!

No, I don't care for any of them, CBCS or the cgc. I'm just here because you're my late night entertainment.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
That cgc logo is a bigger eyesore than the comiclink stickers. At least those are on the back of the slab. CBCS definitely has them beat with the more transparent logo on the label instead of the slab.

I still dont understand the appeal of the cgc custom labels on books that already have a great cover. If anything it distracts from the book. I could understand it on an awful cover like X-factor 6 but that ASM #50 would look far better without one.



Its like a disease!!!!! I can't get away!!! How darn you say that about X-Factor #6!!!! Shame on you!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
.
CGC is banking that one day the retired labels will become super collectible and then they will grade and slab the slab.

Then sell another limited edition custom label on the slabbed slab, of course
Post 54 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
What's really "inconsistent" is starting a Thread called

"Ask questions here without starting a whole new thread"

And then posting question after question in new threads


I apologize if my catch-all thread for simple questions confused you. I can see how you interpreted it as a strategic plan to replace all other discussion threads that might be worded in the form of a question. No, I'm lying, I actually can't see how you would interpret it that way. You're not silly like that.
Post 55 IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The custom labels don't really cause a negative reaction from me. I wouldn't pay for them or intentionally seek them out, but it would not affect my desire to purchase a slab either way. As someone pointed out with first appearances, a Wolverine label would be a pretty cool thing to have on Hulk 180. But I would not want a Wolverine label on Hulk 181. To me that would be like putting a "LEXUS" license plate frame on a Lexus car, or a "Porsche" license plate frame on a Porsche. It would be like the gift your child gives you for your new car.
Post 56 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
I know they say not to feed them, but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944





The Cap label is pretty subtle,


That's because, like most of them, it's half covered up by a tacky hologram that should be on the label itself. Or at least on the back if they can't afford to add it to the label.

Anything is subtle when you can barely see it.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

“That's because, like most of them, it's half covered up by a tacky hologram”


This, exactly! Why have a special label and then hide/obscure part of it?
Post 58 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I like custom labels. If they let me get a book I want at a slight discount because it puts some people off.. awesome.

If I like how it looks too - double awesome!

As for the CBCS vs CGC designs… I like the CBCS one cited up top more than most CGC ones. I only have one custom label (CGC) and am pretty indifferent.

If I were running either company (or given a -big- stack of $ to advise) I would suggest something quite different than the current approaches.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I love discussions about aesthetics.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector FuneralBill5150 private msg quote post Address this user
I would never pay extra for them to print a character on the card. It's worthless. Put MORE info, less BS.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@FuneralBill5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralBill5150
I would never pay extra for them to print a character on the card. It's worthless. Put MORE info, less BS.
Valid point.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@DrWatson

AH hA! So you do Love them!

No, I don't care for any of them, CBCS or the cgc. I'm just here because you're my late night entertainment.


Might I suggest a couple of B flick movies? Cause this is weak as entertainment goes.

Chopping Mall is on YouTube
Little Dead Rotting Hood is on IMBD

Both are free to stream. And no trolls.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I take it I'm the only one who glues Rhinestones and Cubic Zirconia to my favorite slabs?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I take it I'm the only one who glues Rhinestones and Cubic Zirconia to my favorite slabs?


Might be.... But maybe you'll start a trend
Post 65 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I take it I'm the only one who glues Rhinestones and Cubic Zirconia to my favorite slabs?


Might be.... But maybe you'll start a trend

Would that be similar to vajazzling?
Post 66 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@DrWatson

AH hA! So you do Love them!

No, I don't care for any of them, CBCS or the cgc. I'm just here because you're my late night entertainment.


Might I suggest a couple of B flick movies? Cause this is weak as entertainment goes.

Chopping Mall is on YouTube
Little Dead Rotting Hood is on IMBD

Both are free to stream. And no trolls.

As trolls go, BigRed is innocuous. I cut my teeth on the cgc boards. I've been trolled by professionals. John seems like a really a nice, intelligent guy that could carry a conversation in something besides an Easter basket. I think it would be enjoyable meeting him without the internet as a barrier.
Post 67 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are being harsh. CBCS had a, sorta, custom label. “Rivet label”
Post 68 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
You guys are being harsh. CBCS had a, sorta, custom label. “Rivet label”

That everyone instantly hated with an unparalleled vigor. In fact, CBCS books with that particular label can actually sell for less than their respective counterparts.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
CGC submitters and buyers must have the aesthetic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good


lol. The sheeple believe that gilding the lilies is the height of class. I like to Bedazzle my cases with custom labels.
I like to straight up Bedazzle mine; with the “as seen on tv” kit n everythin.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@DrWatson

AH hA! So you do Love them!

No, I don't care for any of them, CBCS or the cgc. I'm just here because you're my late night entertainment.


Might I suggest a couple of B flick movies? Cause this is weak as entertainment goes.

Chopping Mall is on YouTube
Little Dead Rotting Hood is on IMBD

Both are free to stream. And no trolls.

As trolls go, BigRed is innocuous. I cut my teeth on the cgc boards. I've been trolled by professionals. John seems like a really a nice, intelligent guy that could carry a conversation in something besides an Easter basket. I think it would be enjoyable meeting him without the internet as a barrier.


He would be a good neighbor to have. As long as he didn't shoot the guns late at night.
Post 71 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
You guys are being harsh. CBCS had a, sorta, custom label. “Rivet label”

That everyone instantly hated with an unparalleled vigor. In fact, CBCS books with that particular label can actually sell for less than their respective counterparts.


They did and it was short lived. I still have a few from when I submitted my books back then. Still few good giggles here and there.

As for the custom labels from CGC, they are not for everyone. You either like them or you don’t. I don’t care for them because they are distractions that cost money. All I need are: accurate grade and info for the actual book inside.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
We've paid for a few custom CGC labels but, as is the general consensus, they're only appropriate and aesthetically pleasing for a small number of books, and in many cases are actually an unwanted distraction.

I personally would like to see CBCS offer them just so we have a wider selection to choose from, but unless they're quality designs, colors and layouts, it would be pointless.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish CBCS would offer DC labels to offset CGC's mostly Marvel based custom labels.
Post 74 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@gotham44 - CGC just launched DC labels.
Post 75 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@gotham44 - CGC just launched DC labels.

I can't wait to see who's obscured by the hologram.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I could have sworn I received a CGC email announcement about them, but I just checked my emails and I either trashed it or just thought I did.
Post 77 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is a Batman and a Harley Quinn.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
.




Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS should launch custom labels for every major superhero, and the more uncommon ones like Black Lighting etc.

I suppose licensing fees would be an issue on them, would have to be weighed with the draw in point of gaining more submitters.

If one is a hardcore fan of a character and CGC doesn't have a custom label for that character, but CBCS does...

That said, CBCS def sohuld have custom labels for all major DC and Marvel heroes, first in ordr to catch up w/CGC.

Custom labelspay for themselves, 10 times over or so. If a book is $200 in 9.8, it's $250 w/a custom label.

Look thru sold ASM CGC Spidey label sale on eBay.
Post 80 IP   flag post
611151 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?