Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Custom CBCS Stuart Sayger labels16481

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I usually don't like custom labels, but DAMN this looks nice!!!!


Post 1 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not into custom labels either. But the label/cover on this example really compliment.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
.
I like it, especially how the hologram doesn’t intrude. CBCS has to fix the typography on their labels though. Each line of text appears randomly placed. Even if they just made it all left justified for now until a better label is designed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
What? Is this real? Thought CBCS was never going to do custom labels.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
That pretty cool
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I am asking also - is this real? or just a mock up?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111
It's real.
I am not a fan of custom labels, but this one looks super cool!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
How do you get custom labels and what are offered and price? I’m not into the custom labels right now but you never know I might start to like them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
How do you get custom labels and what are offered and price? I’m not into the custom labels right now but you never know I might start to like them.


I have no clue about the pricing for this. Was not involved in the final discussions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I’d pay extra for a label like that for pc books, I like it, but I think I’m in the minority in liking cgc hero labels.
Post 10 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve paid up for CGC custom labels in the past for books to be sold, because I figured the cost incurred would pay off. It payed off well.
If CBCS makes custom labels a regular thing I’ll pay up. They can be really cool when done well, and on the appropriate books.

For my PC I almost always prefer standard labels, but I won’t knock anyone for preferring custom.

The best books I think work well with custom labeling are 1st appearance issues that do not have said character’s likeness on the cover. For example: Strange Tales 110 with custom Dr Strange label would be sweet.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@Nuffsaid111
It's real.
I am not a fan of custom labels, but this one looks super cool!


You missed a perfect opportunity to use:


Post 12 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
The best books I think work well with custom labeling are 1st appearance issues that do not have said character’s likeness on the cover. For example: Strange Tales 110 with custom Dr Strange label would be sweet.

I’m not really into custom labels either, but this a very good reason to get one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Generally, I do not like the custom/character labels. I find them somewhat gaudy. This design has some potential but looks like it could use some tweaks, and I'm just going off this one picture that Jesse showed. I like that the CBCS logo looks like it belongs and still stands out. I also like that the pertinent information is on the front. However, the text placement seems out of place with it on the front and it may be because it is bumping into the image. It is a good effort though.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
What? Is this real? Thought CBCS was never going to do custom labels.


Hypocrisy
The practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.


Also in light of the Hypocrisy, That design is absolutely hideous and not even remotely close to being in the same league as the CGC labels. Ive always liked the character labels, but CBCS definitely needs to go back to the drawing board if they plan on competing with CGC in this area. That label looks pretty darn amateurish compared to the sleek Skyline CGC label.



This is just another reason how CGC separates itself as the premiere grading company. They immediately seen the value in the custom label area and promptly launched a program with great success.

Another missed opportunity for CBCS, who once again finds themselves playing second fiddle catch up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That Spidey label looks like the business end of my ass. The background is unnecessarily long. The Spidey itself is adequate but the background kills it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Another missed opportunity for CBCS, who once again finds themselves playing second fiddlecatch up.

How is this a missed opportunity? Did CBCS even have the opportunity to produce Marvel themed labels, instead of the “premiere grading company”?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 my local McDonald’s doesn’t serve Whoppers; wtf
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
That Spidey label looks like the business end of my ass. The background is unnecessarily long. The Spidey itself is adequate but the background kills it.



Its long term popularity among buyers and submitters begs to differ. If the skyline is not your cup of CGC offers a variety of much more creative high quality designs




My point is that CBCS is once again late to the game in this area and will need to offer something much better than the bland design created by the Janitor.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Bro, that one is even worse than the first option. CGC submitters and buyers must have the aethestic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good. On the other hand, the submitters may like it because those labels will distract from the shoddy grading job the premiere grading company does so any potential buyer won't notice the obvious defects.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@BigRedOne1944 Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Another missed opportunity for CBCS, who once again finds themselves playing second fiddlecatch up.

How is this a missed opportunity? Did CBCS even have the opportunity to produce Marvel themed labels, instead of the “premiere grading company”?



Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.

To the credit of CBCS marketing team, they have introduced some novel concepts. Verified signatures, raw grading and grader’s notes available to anyone.

However, once a company like CGC becomes the top tog, it’s difficult to compete.

I wonder if Marvel (or DC for that matter) would have even entertained the idea of giving CBCS the exclusive rights to use their intellectual property on labels, considering their relatively small market share.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Bro, that one is even worse than the first option. CGC submitters and buyers must have the aethestic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good. On the other hand, the submitters may like it because those labels will distract from the shoddy grading job the premiere grading company does so any potential buyer won't notice the obvious defects.


Yea.... Thats probably it
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@BigRedOne1944 my local McDonald’s doesn’t serve Whoppers; wtf


Exactly, Why would the world's premiere Fast food burger chain want to sell a second tier product?
Post 24 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a fan of the custom labels, too busy. However, I am a Stuart Sayger fan. He drew one of my favorite sketches.


Post 25 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
CGC submitters and buyers must have the aesthetic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good


lol. The sheeple believe that gilding the lilies is the height of class. I like to Bedazzle my cases with custom labels.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.

To the credit of CBCS marketing team, they have introduced some novel concepts. Verified signatures, raw grading and grader’s notes available to anyone.

However, once a company like CGC becomes the top tog, it’s difficult to compete.

I wonder if Marvel (or DC for that matter) would have even entertained the idea of giving CBCS the exclusive rights to use their intellectual property on labels, considering their relatively small market share.



It is very true that if your going to topple or compete with the Giant your going to have to out hussle them at their own game. Something CBCS has yet to been able to do.

While I can appreciate it... I wouldn't call the Free grader notes all that novel. CGC just rendered that talking point mute.

The Raw grading service of charging someone to put a book in a mylar bag was indeed genius! The fact that anybody bought into this in the first place was amazing. The novelty didn't last long and If the CBCS magazine holder ever comes out I believe the Raw Book service will become totally useless.


The Verified Signature service has indeed been a plus for CBCS and those that use and believe in the service, but with all of the fraud that has always surrounded the autograph industry it makes it just a small niche of the hobby, not to mention very controversial and debated subject.

CBCS gets its biggest kudos from me on New slab they introduce last year. That is something that reaches across all aspects of the hobby. If CBCS is going to be able to gain more market share from the Giant they need more victories like their new slab.

The total lack of any kind of customer service for years on end does not help the CBCS brand. I think implementing a first class customer service department would be the single biggest thing CBCS could do to acquire higher market share and brand name loyalty.

of coarse this is just my opinion....... Let the names Begin!
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
CGC submitters and buyers must have the aesthetic tastes of a New Jersey housewife if they think that garbage looks good


lol. The sheeple believe that gilding the lilies is the height of class. I like to Bedazzle my cases with custom labels.

Money doesn't buy class, but it sure does turn the volume up on tacky.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Without a competent Marketing team in place to not only spot such trends, as well as act on implementing them?

I would have to say........ NO... which probably cost them any opportunity. Your point is well taken.

To the credit of CBCS marketing team, they have introduced some novel concepts. Verified signatures, raw grading and grader’s notes available to anyone.

However, once a company like CGC becomes the top tog, it’s difficult to compete.

I wonder if Marvel (or DC for that matter) would have even entertained the idea of giving CBCS the exclusive rights to use their intellectual property on labels, considering their relatively small market share.



It is very true that if your going to topple or compete with the Giant your going to have to out hussle them at their own game. Something CBCS has yet to been able to do.

While I can appreciate it... I wouldn't call the Free grader notes all that novel. CGC just rendered that talking point mute.

The Raw grading service of charging someone to put a book in a mylar bag was indeed genius! The fact that anybody bought into this in the first place was amazing. The novelty didn't last long and If the CBCS magazine holder ever comes out I believe the Raw Book service will become totally useless.


The Verified Signature service has indeed been a plus for CBCS and those that use and believe in the service, but with all of the fraud that has always surrounded the autograph industry it makes it just a small niche of the hobby, not to mention very controversial and debated subject.

CBCS gets its biggest kudos from me on New slab they introduce last year. That is something that reaches across all aspects of the hobby. If CBCS is going to be able to gain more market share from the Giant they need more victories like their new slab.

The total lack of any kind of customer service for years on end does not help the CBCS brand. I think implementing a first class customer service department would be the single biggest thing CBCS could do to acquire higher market share and brand name loyalty.

of coarse this is just my opinion....... Let the names Begin!


Okay....................

Lisa, John, Sam, Jack, Jim, Todd, Joan, Sarah, Ben, Anne, Betty, Louise, Barbara, Michelle, Bridgette, Patrick, Ryan, Rose, Crystal, Joshua, ................

Can I stop now? 🤷
Post 29 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
While I can appreciate it... I wouldn't call the Free grader notes all that novel. CGC just rendered that talking point mute.

The word you’re looking for is not “mute”, but whatever that point is moot.

Not “all that novel”? CBCS is still the only comic grading company with free online grader’s notes.
Post 30 IP   flag post
611152 94 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?