Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

For Sale: X-Men #1 (1963) Graded 1.816477

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #1 graded 1.8 GD- by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Last one sold for about $7,900 on eBay. Asking $7,500 OBO. Shipping and insurance included.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice book, good luck with your sale!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
didnt even know low tiers can have a .8. every graded comic ive seen the .8s are in the 9s. after that seems to go by 5s
Post 3 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
didnt even know low tiers can have a .8. every graded comic ive seen the .8s are in the 9s. after that seems to go by 5s

It fits the old school grading.
Good+ = 2.5
Good = 2.0
Good- = 1.8
Fair/good = 1.5
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sold! Thanks all!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on the sale, thats a heck of a trigger to pull right before the holidays especially!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
That was a good looking low grade
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I was drooling over this. If I had a couple big books I was willing to sell to make up the difference, I would have jumped on it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Thanks! Pretty crazy, think it might be the quickest I’ve ever sold a slab, actually.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
do you mind saying if you got your full asking price, or if not, I understand of course
Post 10 IP   flag post
Don’t mind at all. I had this one a few different places for sale, as you can imagine. My bottom price was $7,000 and it sold for that amount. Sold on another forum and I’m very glad I turned down a couple offers on eBay.
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm beginning to have more respect for books like this. Someone appreciated/loved it enough to try and keep it together.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'm beginning to have more respect for books like this. Someone appreciated/loved it enough to try and keep it together.

It is pretty deep to consider that a comic that could just as well have been thrown away was preserved enough to survive and be worth the price of a used car one day.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The first thing I do when I get a book from ComicLink is take that damn sticker off!
Post 14 IP   flag post
597898 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?