Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

2 Different Lost World covers?16456

Collector Chaz private msg quote post Address this user
I never noticed this when I purchased them a long time ago but there are 2 different covers to The Lost World Jurassic Park Comics. They both say the Authorized Adaptation of the Hit Film, inside the front cover they both say Volume 1 Issue 3 July 1997 and First Printing. The page 1 graphic is identical in both issues. So, I'm wondering how they can say the same thing and not have the same cover. I have issues 1 thru 4 of one style but only 3 and 4 of the other. Is this a fluke of some kind or is it well known?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
Variant covers… the 90 to now is full of them. Each issue of that tops series has both a photo cover and a cover A
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
Variant covers… the 90 to now is full of them. Each issue of that tops series has both a photo cover and a cover A

he says they are different comics. only share first page

My guess is one is was released around the time of the movie. the other was a brand new adaptation released some time later

its not unheard of making multiple adaptations of a popular property
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

he says they are different comics. only share first page

My guess is one is was released around the time of the movie. the other was a brand new adaptation released some time later

its not unheard of making multiple adaptations of a popular property

My dude he said “how can they have the same thing and not have the same cover and that the page 1 graphics is the same.”
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This.

https://www.comics.org/issue/628607/

https://www.comics.org/series/36626/covers/
Post 5 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget this one, lol.

Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is correct

Post 7 IP   flag post
608797 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?