Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

First time uk CBCS submission postage!16423

Collector Rich87 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am looking to submit my first ever comic in January to CBCS from the uk and wondered if there was anyone who had any tips on postage, insurance and what service worked for them? Plus do you have to use fedex or usps to send or have the books returned to you? Appreciate any help offered!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi mate, probably a lot easier to use a facilitator. Check out Tim Plumbe of Hobgoblins Hideaway, you can find him on Facebook, he's a good guy and will help you out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I just wait for a convention if possible. Don’t have to worry about postage
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick and helpful response. I’m probably one of the only folk on the planet without Facebook lol. Does Tim Plumbe have a website do you know? Convention or postage there’s still gonna be some waiting time lol, I’m after getting a signature verified too. I basically have all the info I need apart from the postage insurance side of things.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Rich87 if it make you feel better; I haven’t had an FB account since it was taken over by grand parents and scammers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Lol. Different strokes for different folks. I may have to join as it seems there’s some worthy comic info and such on there bud.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Rich87 if it make you feel better; I haven’t had an FB account since it was taken over by grand parents and scammers.
I must be both, I've bought and sold a lot of books on Facebook comic groups.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rich87
Now then I always use Fedex through parcel2go, I use their express service and it gives you the option to put as much insurance on as you feel suitable, depending on the comics your sending.
They are fully tracked and land at CBCS in a couple of days.
The way I figure is the less time sat in depots/vans the less chance of loss or damage.

I’m UK based, so thought it might be more relevant.
Good luck with your first submission.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks for the tip! After a bit of digging I’ve learnt it’s a kinda unfair avenue for us comic sending folk as if the worst happened and our package was lost we would have to prove the comics worth. Maybe I am wrong but from what I read if you have a comic worth a lot of money but only paid a few pounds many years ago then you would basically receive the cover value.

Just a question Ironwill75 when your comics have been slabbed and a ready to be sent back to you is there many options cbcs’s end or is it fedex and usps?

Sorry for if this has been covered in other threads! Newbie alert and many thanks for the help!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Rich87
When you fill out the submission form , it will give you the options for return delivery, the downside is it’s quite pricey back to the Uk, FedEx I believe, but it’s well packaged and efficient. I’ve not had any issues with this side of things .
Post 10 IP   flag post
Great thank you! I’ve basically inputted my comic submission and it’s there saved. Waiting for the mad Christmas post to be out the way then I’ll submit it in jan. I do wish there was a uk office lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Rich87
😂 yeah that would be nice
Post 12 IP   flag post
We live in hope lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
597876 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?